Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another newbie from NC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another newbie from NC

Hi all,

I am from Charlotte NC and have embarked on an ambitious e-drumming project. Most of my gigs are "for hire" so I don't have one regular band that I play with. One of the artists that books me consistently has taken a number of acoustic afternoon gigs, which consist of two guitars and myself. I had the idea after the first couple gigs that I could potentially play bass and drums by triggering bass on an electronic pad. His music is pretty straight forward stuff, and just root notes would probably suffice for bass. I was already using a stripped down kit of a 10" snare, 14" tom, and HH and crash/ride with a roland electronic kick powered powered through a cheap e-brain I picked up from ebay. Adding a trigger pad keeps with the small footprint needed for lots of these gigs. I did some research and settled on the Octopad SPD30 as the choice for the bass triggering projected. I liked it largely because I can also incorporate it into other live gig settings with my normal acoustic kit as well as using it for this specific project.

Honestly, I was amazed at how little product knowledge the local stores, and even the catalog retailers had in regards to the SPD30, so I took the plunge and am learning on the fly. After reading through a number of threads on this forum, think I found a great place to bounce ideas and discuss various e-drum topics.

I've been playing for over 20 years, locally and regionally, and worked at a music retailer for about 7 years before moving on to something a little more financially lucrative. My playing is generally limited to weekends now, but it's fun and a great way to supplement my income.

Welcome to the forum. The thing my friends really like about my kit is the volume control in small spaces.
    Equipment: TD-30KV, DW9000 hardware, ROC-N-SOC Throne, Behringer ULTRATONE K3000FX Amp, JBL EON 615 Powered Speaker, Yamaha MG06X. 1965 Ludwig Super Classic. Black diamond pearl. Zildjian K Custom Dark cymbals, DW 7000 hardware, DW 9000 kick pedal.

Comment

All your E thingy questions will be answered here mate.

There are answers here that the questions have not even been thought of yet.

Comment

Welcome to the magical mystery tour...exact change only please.
        This is the ONLY place to go for answers to your ekit needs and queries..
        Watch you step when exiting...

Peace,
        B

Comment

Awesome!!! Welcome! You will find all sorts of fun and helpful folks here. Post some pics from your gigs and setups!!

K ;-)
          My bands: Alter Ego, Arcanum
          E Kit = Roland TDW-20s kit // Roland SPD-S// Pearl Demon Drives//
          A Kit = Tama Swingstar 5 pc (1981) w/roto toms (orig owner!) //Zildjians
          A Kit = Natal 6 pc with Paiste 2000 & Zildjian/MidiKNights/DrumSplitters

Comment

Working...
          X