Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Los Angeles - Drummer for 30 years - have TD-30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Los Angeles - Drummer for 30 years - have TD-30

Hello all.

I've been officially playing drums for about 30 years and played professionally as a Ska and Reggae drummer for several years, touring in South America and North America. I enjoy Jazz, and all types of eclectic music from India, Middle East, Africa. I play Djembe, Dumbek, Conga's also. I did Marching Bank in High School.

I have a set of Roland TD-30s.

I am also a software developer.

The reason I came to the forum, is that I'd like to write a drum instruction book. I'd like to make my life easier by using my v-drums to do that. I'm good at notation but so far I'm not happy with Any notation software I've found. So I'm hoping to find others here who have uses their midi output on the v-drums to record midi tracks with some success.

Looking forward to meeting some people here.

-Fritz

Originally posted by madprog View Post
    The reason I came to the forum, is that I'd like to write a drum instruction book. I'd like to make my life easier by using my v-drums to do that. I'm good at notation but so far I'm not happy with Any notation software I've found. So I'm hoping to find others here who have uses their midi output on the v-drums to record midi tracks with some success.
    Hello Fritz,

welcome and greetings from Germany ;-)

Can you please indicate some of "Any notation software", i.e. those which came closest to your needs, and those which failed miserably? Interesting idea with your book, BTW.

Best regards, Michael
    td-30 user ;-)

Comment

Welcome to the forum. I'm not a experienced in software at all. I didn't even know there was such software. I'd be interested in simple software just to write notation.
      Equipment: TD-30KV, DW9000 hardware, ROC-N-SOC Throne, Behringer ULTRATONE K3000FX Amp, JBL EON 615 Powered Speaker, Yamaha MG06X. 1965 Ludwig Super Classic. Black diamond pearl. Zildjian K Custom Dark cymbals, DW 7000 hardware, DW 9000 kick pedal.

Comment

Yea welcome mate from the UK. There are a lot of very intelligent guys here. Sadly Im not one cause Im a donkey. Any way all your questions will be answered here.

Comment

Hi Michael, and everyone else,

Well I'm not sure exactly which one might have come closest to my needs, but I've used the following:
          Copyist Apprentice (1994-1998)
          QuickScore Elite
          Finale
          Musescore
          Lilypond

and probably a few others.

I don't think any of them really do what I want -- that is to record in real time what I'm playing on the vdrums and transcribe it to sheet music.

Comment

im not sure but years ago cakewalk daw wrote notation while triggering with sound fonts via midi with edrums. worth a try if you have cakewalk and a midi cable, sorry its was back in 2000 when i very briefly dabbled with that setup back in 2000.. win98 pc with sound blaster live sound card, which supported sound fonts and an early edition of cakewalk. i don't know much about the newer versions of sonar. welcome to the forum!
            Pearl Mimic pro, A to E 7 piece Pearl Decade maple, ddrum Deccabons, Ddrum DDTi, UFO X-bar triggers, Real feel heads, Gibraltar rack, VH13, PD105 side snare, Roc-N-Soc,Tama Iron Cobra, Iron cobra high hat stand, Cobra clutch, Pearl throne thumper, Roland and Kit Toys cymbals, Roland KC 500, Promark

Comment

Welcome to our humble home Fritz!...don't mind the dog,he has gas...Some really smart dudes on here to answer all of your ekit queries..sit back and enjoy the at times senseless but harmless banter!

Peace,
              B

Comment

I just downloaded muslink yesterday for free. I don't know what I don't know but it seems a bit laborious. A pencil might be easier.
                Equipment: TD-30KV, DW9000 hardware, ROC-N-SOC Throne, Behringer ULTRATONE K3000FX Amp, JBL EON 615 Powered Speaker, Yamaha MG06X. 1965 Ludwig Super Classic. Black diamond pearl. Zildjian K Custom Dark cymbals, DW 7000 hardware, DW 9000 kick pedal.

Comment

Welcome and thanks for the great intro! You'll find all sorts of fun and helpful folks here! Post some pics of your rig!!!

K ;-)
                  My bands: Alter Ego, Arcanum
                  E Kit = Roland TDW-20s kit // Roland SPD-S// Pearl Demon Drives//
                  A Kit = Tama Swingstar 5 pc (1981) w/roto toms (orig owner!) //Zildjians
                  A Kit = Natal 6 pc with Paiste 2000 & Zildjian/MidiKNights/DrumSplitters

Comment

Working...
                  X