Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hola from South Florida!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hola from South Florida!

And thus ends my command of the Spanish language ;-)

Country boy here raised in America's heartland, came up thru my school and college system's music programs, and spent ~10 years gigging throughout a myriad of dive bars, jazz and blues clubs, and small concert venues from my teens to mid twenties. Decided to leave music and the middle of the USA to pursue my "other" life-long passion of marine biology and sharks, and moved to Miami and earned degrees in marine biology and spent several years studying my finned-friends.

BUT I always regretted leaving music, and always had a yearning to be back behind the kit. Fast forward 20+ years, and I'm in a local electronics store with my oldest son, and see a Roland TD9. I sit down behind it, with my son giving me a "what are you DOING dad you are EMBARRASSING me look, and HOLY SH!T I'm transported back to "the good ol' days." Not knowing anything about Roland or Vdrums, I immediately hopped on the Internet and found this site. My only experience with electronic drums was shortly before I quit gigging, a Simmons kit, and my memories were not too fond of the experience. But with these mesh drums I WAS HOOKED, and this site and the wealth of knowledge here was addicting.

Last week I received my TD30K kit, and I couldn't be more excited. Well, that is except that my brain wants my limbs to play things I think I can no longer accomplish...nonetheless I'm looking forward to reaquanting myself with some sembleance of time keeping and chop-building over the coming months...

Thanks to all the contributors here who have helped make my foray into this passion so effortless. Happy drumming all!

John
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 3 photos.
    Please let me know if you finds my chops, I'd really like them back....
    __________________________________________________ _______
    TD30K w (3) PDX-100, (2) PD125, VH13, CY5, CY12C, CY13, CY14C, CY15R. PA Yamaha DXR15, Headphones ATH50M, Strike Vex

Welcome,

I also studied biology in Canada, and marine biology always had a special place in my heart. After working in the field for a while, I had to leave and pursue other things. I will always miss it... maybe that's why I now live 10 minutes away from the blue Pacific!

Nice kit! And I like how you got the tablet in there as well.

Happy drumming! It will come back. It's a little like bicycling, those muscle memories will kick in at one point!

Enjoy!
    DTX700, eDRUMin 4+10, A2E Dixon kit, Yamaha cymbals, FSR HH
    Kit Pix http://vdrums.com/forum/album.php?albumid=613

My new venture, HiEnd Speakers. : voglosounds.com

Comment

Thanks Perceval! Technology is amazing-I have the iPad loaded with lessons, play-alongs and rudiments. What a great time to be a drummer...

Ah, the Pacific-are you along the West Coast US, or somewhere else? I used to dive the Catalina islands off of Southern Cali, and other than the cold water absolutely LOVED that environment.
      TD30K w (3) PDX-100, (2) PD125, VH13, CY5, CY12C, CY13, CY14C, CY15R. PA Yamaha DXR15, Headphones ATH50M, Strike Vex

Comment

The other side of the Pacific... Taiwan!

Water MUCH warmer.

Used to ski a lot in Canada, and loved diving as well. Water was very cold too! Switched to surfing over here, and had the opportunity to start drumming again. All good!
        DTX700, eDRUMin 4+10, A2E Dixon kit, Yamaha cymbals, FSR HH
        Kit Pix http://vdrums.com/forum/album.php?albumid=613

My new venture, HiEnd Speakers. : voglosounds.com

Comment

Originally posted by perceval View Post
          The other side of the Pacific... Taiwan! Water MUCH warmer.
          WOW!! - J E A L O U S :-D

Back to working on my rudiments hehe....

Comment

Freakin awesome! Thanks for the intro with pics, we dig it. You WILL have fun here and WILL get GAS! WELCOME TO THE MADNESS!!!!

K ;-)
            My bands: Alter Ego, Arcanum
            E Kit = Roland TDW-20s kit // Roland SPD-S// Pearl Demon Drives//
            A Kit = Tama Swingstar 5 pc (1981) w/roto toms (orig owner!) //Zildjians
            A Kit = Natal 6 pc with Paiste 2000 & Zildjian/MidiKNights/DrumSplitters

Comment

Welcome to the forum. Very nice kit.
              Equipment: TD-30KV, DW9000 hardware, ROC-N-SOC Throne, Behringer ULTRATONE K3000FX Amp, JBL EON 615 Powered Speaker, Yamaha MG06X. 1965 Ludwig Super Classic. Black diamond pearl. Zildjian K Custom Dark cymbals, DW 7000 hardware, DW 9000 kick pedal.

Comment

From a was warm and now getting colder again UK, welcome mate.

Comment

Working...
                X