Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

got my 2box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• got my 2box

So I received my 2box and plugged it into my DIY kit, works and sounds great!! Since I have been running a td-8 for lotsa years I need to add a piezo to the toms, no problem. I am wondering if I can add a piezo to my old pd-80 pads to make them dual zone and keep up the two kits. Whats the scoop gurus?
    E-kit: Roland td-8 VexPressions, DIY drums of various manufacturers custom wrap bum wrap, Krylon flat black hoops, Gen16's triggered, Addictive drums, QSC K-12, Roland SPD, jeredsystem bass drum lights. A-kit: Mapex Orion Classics, purple burl, gold plated lugs, Sabian Cymbals.

Congrats!!!! You should know this is the FOYER and NOT the Tech help threads....need to post there if you want real help, there are actually folks in those threads looking to help. This is the welcome section and only a$$ hats like me are here.

K ;-)
    My bands: Alter Ego, Arcanum
    E Kit = Roland TDW-20s kit // Roland SPD-S// Pearl Demon Drives//
    A Kit = Tama Swingstar 5 pc (1981) w/roto toms (orig owner!) //Zildjians
    A Kit = Natal 6 pc with Paiste 2000 & Zildjian/MidiKNights/DrumSplitters

Comment

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/general/...sounds?t=15057
      Congrats! Like Ken says you should start a thread in a different section .... DIY would work. Here is a thread from a long time back about upgrading a PD-80 to a PD-80R. I converted one myself many years ago, but can't remember all I did. There is already a stereo jack on the PD-80, so adding another rim piezo is not a huge project. J
      I could tell you where to stick that piezo! ;)
      Stealthdrums.com Mega Kit: Pearl Mimic Pro ,2Box modules,drums and cymbals too many to count. VST quality sounds directly from the Mimic and custom sounds loaded into and played directly from the 2Box modules. Visit me anytime at: http://stealthdrums.com/

Comment

ya sorry about the post I was just excited about playing the 2box, the DIY just sort of slipped out!
        E-kit: Roland td-8 VexPressions, DIY drums of various manufacturers custom wrap bum wrap, Krylon flat black hoops, Gen16's triggered, Addictive drums, QSC K-12, Roland SPD, jeredsystem bass drum lights. A-kit: Mapex Orion Classics, purple burl, gold plated lugs, Sabian Cymbals.

Comment

Nah...don't be sorry about the post. Excitement about any new gear is cool anywhere. The referral to the other threads is just so you can get better help. Congrats! Have fun!
          8 piece DIY Acrylic, 2x2Box DrumIt5, Gen16 4xDCP, DIY Acrylic&Gen16 Conversions, Sleishman Twin-QuadSteele hybrid, Gibraltar&DrumFrame rack, DW9502LB, Midi Knights Pro Lighting
          http://www.airbrushartists.org/DreamscapeAirbrushRealm

Comment

Originally posted by robcod View Post
            ya sorry about the post I was just excited about playing the 2box, the DIY just sort of slipped out!
            And before long the GAS will be slipping out, there's no stopping it!!

Have fun!

K ;-)

Comment

All I know about 2 box is when I kick the bucket, they will bury me in one box and my ekit in the second box.

Comment

Originally posted by John.b View Post
                All I know about 2 box is when I kick the bucket, they will bury me in one box and my ekit in the second box.

That is a great idea!
                Note to self amend will and final wishes.
                "It makes sense if you dont think about it"

Mimic Pro, SPD-SX, 2-QSC K-10s, K-sub, Yamaha mixer, and a bunch of other expensive cool things!

Comment

Sounds like I might have a new part time job as a grave robber!

K ;-)

Comment

If my wife finds out what all this really costs I will be in the grave in no time. I built my first kit out of a DM5 and plastic paint cans as shown in MD in like 1999 or something. By the time I was done buying the stuff to make it and upgrading parts to make it work I could have purchased a top shelf Ekit of the day.

Comment

Originally posted by robcod View Post
                      If my wife finds out what all this really costs I will be in the grave in no time. I built my first kit out of a DM5 and plastic paint cans as shown in MD in like 1999 or something. By the time I was done buying the stuff to make it and upgrading parts to make it work I could have purchased a top shelf Ekit of the day.
                      In my house what I spend on drum related equiptment is on a need to know basis. Generally, she doesn't!
                      I could tell you where to stick that piezo! ;)
                      Stealthdrums.com Mega Kit: Pearl Mimic Pro ,2Box modules,drums and cymbals too many to count. VST quality sounds directly from the Mimic and custom sounds loaded into and played directly from the 2Box modules. Visit me anytime at: http://stealthdrums.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Kenster View Post
                        Sounds like I might have a new part time job as a grave robber!

K ;-)
                        need a partner in crime?
                        Pearl Mimic pro, A to E 7 piece Pearl Decade maple, ddrum Deccabons, Ddrum DDTi, UFO X-bar triggers, Real feel heads, Gibraltar rack, VH13, PD105 side snare, Roc-N-Soc,Tama Iron Cobra, Iron cobra high hat stand, Cobra clutch, Pearl throne thumper, Roland and Kit Toys cymbals, Roland KC 500, Promark

Comment

I built a drumcabin which is considered as my man cave, what is in the cave is unknown to my wife 😄
                          E-gear: 2Box Drumit Five MkII, SD-card mod, 32 GB, extra cymbal & tom, modified rack, Zildjian Gen16 480 - DSP box, A&H ZED10FX mixer, Philips Headset. Balbex 2B hickory sticks.

Comment

My main guy back in the day, my brother-in-law and lead guitar, would go out with his gear telling his wife he was getting it appraised. Then he would come back with a new set-up, which he said he had taken on sale or return. 3 weeks down the line she had forgotten all about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Murgen View Post
                              I built a drumcabin which is considered as my man cave, what is in the cave is unknown to my wife 😄
                              I still have my man cave though I dont have my wife anymore. I employ cleaners now but they dont enter the cave. No Way.

Comment

Working...
                              X