Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another new guy from Canada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another new guy from Canada

Hey All

Just joined cause I realized how unenthused I was with the TD-15 base sounds and how hard I find it to get something I like. I was looking for sound packs to download (did you know there arent any that are free) Figured if im gonna delve into the world of E-kits further. I may as well get on a forum and go all in

Been playing E-kits for about 5 years in a Church setting. Originally on a TD-3 and now on the TD-15. I also own a Yamaha Recording Custom Acoustic kit, but thats for another forum .

Hope to learn alot from this place

Chris

Welcome to the party Canadian brother!...I still play TD-3's!!! there are much smarter dudes on here than myself on the topic of E-kits so I'll defer to them.
    Coffee and jambusters are on the table!...enjoy!

Cheers,
    B

Comment

Welcome welcome!!!! Post some pics of you and your set up!

As for different sounds, you have a multitude of options include VEX, VSTs, changing out modules, you name it! Lots of helpful folks here. Have fun!

K ;-)
      My bands: Alter Ego, Arcanum
      E Kit = Roland TDW-20s kit // Roland SPD-S// Pearl Demon Drives//
      A Kit = Tama Swingstar 5 pc (1981) w/roto toms (orig owner!) //Zildjians
      A Kit = Natal 6 pc with Paiste 2000 & Zildjian/MidiKNights/DrumSplitters

Comment

Ill snap a couple of pic's tonight as the setup will be changing a bit

Chris

Comment

A big fat welcome from the UK mate. Loads of intelligent guys here to answer your every question. Sadly I wont be one of them cause Im a donkey.

Comment

welcome Molten360
            I have just returned to the forum - messing with a TD-15 for a DIY kit
            the TD-15 I picked up has a VEX package on it. so now there are 100 kits defined.
            I haven't had the full system set up, just ran through a bunch of kits with just the snare. I don't know if there are different VEX packages to buy, r if this is all you get..

My impression of the kits is that many of them are very similar. Most of them sound like live drums run through a PA with some effects. But there are definitely some good sounding drums in this package - I think I recall a nice, clean acoustic version or two. You can further modify the sounds anyway.

Once I get my grandsons DIY kit completed I'll run through the kits and post my personal views - not a professional revue ;-)

Welcome
            -Racer52
            TD-20 (non expanded), acoustic look DIY a to e conversion - some cake pan/ some crossbar method. DIY cymbals, VH-12 :-)
            Psalm 150
            had the best times with this band https://www.facebook.com/SaintHooliganMusic
            YouTube video postings: https://www.youtube.com/user/racer52online/videos
            Vdrums Photo Albums: http://www.vdrums.com/member/26923-racer52/media

Comment

Originally posted by racer52 View Post
              welcome Molten360
              I have just returned to the forum - messing with a TD-15 for a DIY kit
              the TD-15 I picked up has a VEX package on it. so now there are 100 kits defined.
              I haven't had the full system set up, just ran through a bunch of kits with just the snare. I don't know if there are different VEX packages to buy, r if this is all you get..

My impression of the kits is that many of them are very similar. Most of them sound like live drums run through a PA with some effects. But there are definitely some good sounding drums in this package - I think I recall a nice, clean acoustic version or two. You can further modify the sounds anyway.

Once I get my grandsons DIY kit completed I'll run through the kits and post my personal views - not a professional revue ;-)

Welcome
              -Racer52

I picked up the Evolution pack. So far. My Favourite kits are actually the Zildjan Symbol pack 89 ( if you keep the initial 50) Copied the toms and kick outta the Yamaha recording custom kit (number 79 I think) And then the snare outta Symbol pack 82. I need to find a second kit for a song im working on. but thats my go-to kit right now

Comment

Working...
              X