Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Spain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Spain

Hello All,
    Here Igor. Back to playing the drums after 25 years (work got in the way)! Just bought a second hand Roland TD9-KX (sound module V.2) and my lovely girlfriend let me put it in the dining room! Just trying to get back into but there is still a lot of difference between the way it sounds in my mind and what I actually produce. Played in rock and progressive rock bands in Holland, Greece and Italy in the past. Used to compose music with MIDI and a Mac Classic.
    Have two keyboards, two bass guitars, a classical acoustic guitar, a tenor saxophone and a clarinet. Only two hands!
    Roland TD9-KX

Welcome to the forum. I had a TD9 before I got my current kit. It is a good module. I expect you'll be asked to post pictures of your kit. Have fun.
    Equipment: TD-30KV, DW9000 hardware, ROC-N-SOC Throne, Behringer ULTRATONE K3000FX Amp, JBL EON 615 Powered Speaker, Yamaha MG06X. 1965 Ludwig Super Classic. Black diamond pearl. Zildjian K Custom Dark cymbals, DW 7000 hardware, DW 9000 kick pedal.

Comment

Welcome back! That's a very nice girlfriend! Keep her!

Happy drumming.
      DTX700, eDRUMin 4+10, A2E Dixon kit, Yamaha cymbals, FSR HH
      Kit Pix http://vdrums.com/forum/album.php?albumid=613

My new venture, HiEnd Speakers. : voglosounds.com

Comment

Thanks Jim and Perceval. Jim, attached some pictures of my kit. Perceval, I'm teaching my girlfriend now in the hope that she will like it enough to tolerate me playing away. It feels good to play again.
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 3 photos.
        Roland TD9-KX

Comment

Sounds like you could form your own band mate. I remember back in the late 60s John Mayall recorded an album called Blues Alone where he played all the instruments except drums.

You've got a good girl friend there mate. Not quite as good as my wife though who actually bought me my TD6V and all the stuff back in 2006.

Anyway, welcome back.

Comment

I think you plan is excellent. The kit looks nice and also nice to have it in the dining room. Are you playing it through that amplifier that is in the photo? What kind of amp is it?
            Equipment: TD-30KV, DW9000 hardware, ROC-N-SOC Throne, Behringer ULTRATONE K3000FX Amp, JBL EON 615 Powered Speaker, Yamaha MG06X. 1965 Ludwig Super Classic. Black diamond pearl. Zildjian K Custom Dark cymbals, DW 7000 hardware, DW 9000 kick pedal.

Comment

Thanks for the greetings John.b. Unfortunately I cannot play all the instruments I have (yet).
              Your wife sounds like an angel! Buying you something that still produces a lot of sound and that could take away all the attention for her.

Jim, yes it is nice to have the kit in the dining room. I think I play it a lot more now than if I would have had it upstairs. I just bought some Roland RH-5 headphones so I usually use those. The amp I use to let my girlfriend listen to what I play when I teach her (or when I'm really pleased with something I did). The amp is a cheap 30 Watt Avora bass amplifier. Not a great sound but good enough for now. It also has a high and low input so one day I want to see if I can pan the drum sounds and use both outputs of the TD9 module and both inputs of the bass amplifier.
              Roland TD9-KX

Comment

Finding amplification, especially if you are like me and know nothing about it, is an adventure in itself. There is a good thread about amplifiers in the the forum that was a big help to me.

Comment

Originally posted by IgorB View Post
                  Thanks for the greetings John.b. Unfortunately I cannot play all the instruments I have (yet).
                  Your wife sounds like an angel!.
                  She is an angel now Igor. I lost her last September. My very special lady.

Comment

Welcome! I love Spain, Barcelona is one of my favourite cities in the world, been there 3 times and planning to go back this fall

Comment

Dear John,

I am sorry to hear that. I wish you all the strength and support to cope with your loss.
                      Roland TD9-KX

Comment

Welcome Igor and thank you for posting pics!!! have fun here!!!

K ;-)
                        My bands: Alter Ego, Arcanum
                        E Kit = Roland TDW-20s kit // Roland SPD-S// Pearl Demon Drives//
                        A Kit = Tama Swingstar 5 pc (1981) w/roto toms (orig owner!) //Zildjians
                        A Kit = Natal 6 pc with Paiste 2000 & Zildjian/MidiKNights/DrumSplitters

Comment

The Yardbird and Kenster, thanks for the welcome!
                          Roland TD9-KX

Comment

Bienvenida Igor!!...sweet gear!..enjoy the ride! Cheers, B

Comment

Hola Bifster, gracias! Yes, I'm quite pleased with the TD9. I agree with you that nothing beats a good Akit but for practice I think Ekits are great. Good fun doing triplet patterns in 4/4 with the bass drum against in 3 and nobody complaining about the noise (and mistakes) I make.
                              Roland TD9-KX

Comment

Working...
                              X