Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New member from New Orleans metro area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member from New Orleans metro area

Great forum. I've been lurking for a while and happy to say I've found some great information on this site. I've tried to update my profile but doesn't appear my information has been saved. Might be the settings on my iPad. I'll try later on my desktop computer. Anyway, I currently play two different Premier Projector series acoustic sets. My band has an opportunity to pick up a regular gig provided all members plug directly into the house PA. That's why I'm here. I need to put together an E kit. Questions will follow in the "products" forum if that's appropriate. Be gentle, please! Thanks...Kim

Welcome to the asylum Kim. All your prayers will be answered here. Did not know Premier were that available in the states. I played them for 25+ years over here (UK).

Comment

Welcome aboard my friend!...take your shoes off and stay awhile..there's cold ones in the fridge and a bowl of nachos on the coffee table.
      Enjoy!
      B

I played a Premier kit in the 80's,the Signia line....a fine kit indeed!

Comment

Welcome aboard and you will find all sorts of helpful stuff here! How about some pics of your kits? Got any vids posted of the band on YouTube?

K ;-)
        My bands: Alter Ego, Arcanum
        E Kit = Roland TDW-20s kit // Roland SPD-S// Pearl Demon Drives//
        A Kit = Tama Swingstar 5 pc (1981) w/roto toms (orig owner!) //Zildjians
        A Kit = Natal 6 pc with Paiste 2000 & Zildjian/MidiKNights/DrumSplitters

Comment

Well I've failed in my attempt to post a few pics from gigging. Maybe I'm not ready to get into electronic drumming!

Comment

Keep at it, it's not too hard on here!
            K

Comment

You say that K but I'm still struggling. Come to that everything is a struggle. I have to check that I've got a pulse before I get out of bed in the morning.

Comment

You need more rock n roll...or less!!

Comment

Make sure you breath in before every kick.

Comment

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Very nice!!! ROCK ON!!!!

K ;-)

Comment

Very cool. Welcome to the forum. I have a Premier 20 inch mahogany bass drum with gray shimmer wrap circa 1970. I have been looking for some matching tom for some time.
                        Equipment: TD-30KV, DW9000 hardware, ROC-N-SOC Throne, Behringer ULTRATONE K3000FX Amp, JBL EON 615 Powered Speaker, Yamaha MG06X. 1965 Ludwig Super Classic. Black diamond pearl. Zildjian K Custom Dark cymbals, DW 7000 hardware, DW 9000 kick pedal.

Comment

Jimorlando, My first premier kit was also grey shimmer, in pre-international dimensions (4 piece). I keep it from age 15-52. Letting it go was a bad, bad decision on my part.

Comment

I only have the base drum and it is difficult to find matching toms. Even when you find one it is usually in the UK and the shipping is very expensive.
                            Equipment: TD-30KV, DW9000 hardware, ROC-N-SOC Throne, Behringer ULTRATONE K3000FX Amp, JBL EON 615 Powered Speaker, Yamaha MG06X. 1965 Ludwig Super Classic. Black diamond pearl. Zildjian K Custom Dark cymbals, DW 7000 hardware, DW 9000 kick pedal.

Comment

Working...
                            X