Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rollin Rollin Roland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rollin Rollin Roland

Hello all, checking in from south Florida. Just bought my first Roland 3 days ago. A td-11. I absolutely love it. I researched quite a bit and thought I was a Yamaha guy...but nope.I discovered this forum yesterday and have been on a quest for Roland knowledge. I have already learned a lot and am very impressed with the knowledge and information available in here.

I started my percussion career in high school after chasing a girl I liked and followed her into a band class. The rest is history. I have owned many acoustic kits over the years Ludwig , pearl , tama. My first electric drum purchase was an ion rocker for Rock Band on my Xbox 360. After 5 years my friends and I still get together and play , we have a full band including keyboards and backup vocals , with my busy life it is the closest thing to a real band I'll get and pro mode on the drums is actually really fun.

Yesterday I discovered the world of vex and have already upgraded to sync....wow what a difference ! I look forward to lots of productive possibly ridiculous posting.

Cheers!

Your well on ya way mate by the sounds of it and yes you have found the holy grail of edrums. What happened to the girl ?????????

Comment

Awesome and WELCOME WELCOME!!! Post some pics of that bad boy and have FUN here!!

K ;-)
      My bands: Alter Ego, Arcanum
      E Kit = Roland TDW-20s kit // Roland SPD-S// Pearl Demon Drives//
      A Kit = Tama Swingstar 5 pc (1981) w/roto toms (orig owner!) //Zildjians
      A Kit = Natal 6 pc with Paiste 2000 & Zildjian/MidiKNights/DrumSplitters

Comment

Welcome to the forum. Sounds like your off to a great start. Now tell us what is history. You followed her into band class. Is she history? We want to know more.
        Equipment: TD-30KV, DW9000 hardware, ROC-N-SOC Throne, Behringer ULTRATONE K3000FX Amp, JBL EON 615 Powered Speaker, Yamaha MG06X. 1965 Ludwig Super Classic. Black diamond pearl. Zildjian K Custom Dark cymbals, DW 7000 hardware, DW 9000 kick pedal.

Comment

She's gonna be his wife now...or something.....taking bets ....oh and welcome!
          Electronic - Mapex DIY conversion black sparkle10,12,12,14,14 toms.16 bass. TD12, VH-12, CY 12,14,14,15. Jobeky snare. 682 heads, zed head and one Remo silentstroke. Roland PM3.
          Acoustic - Yamaha Maple Custom black sparkle. 10,12,13,14,16,22 Zildjian Avedis Crashes, ride. Quick beat and new beat hats. Yamaha Maple snare, Pearl Sensitone brass snare, Yamaha Bamboo snare, Tee Drums Oak snare.

Comment

No she did'nt have the strength to load the drum kit in the truck so he ditched her.

Comment

Working...
            X