Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Don't sell that TD-6 !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't sell that TD-6 !!!

I recently bought a TD-11, to upgrade from my TD-6. I was using the TD-6 for drums only, and used real cymbals. (never liked elec. cymbals for a host of reasons) but I thought I would give the TD-11 a try with some high end Roland cymbals. I was able to get good results for the crash and hi hat sounds, but the ride cymbal sounds were awful. I found a way to use the TD-6 with a three zone cymbal for the Bell (bell sound) and Bow for the (ride sound) and use the TD-11 for the edge, (crash sound) and simply turn off the TD-11 Bow sound. The results are amazing. Also, you can use more than one three zone cymbal with only one TD-6 and one TD-11. I have tried the newer modules, and none of them had a ride sound I liked. At last nights practice, I was finally able to get the results I wanted, and at a much lower volume level. Try it, you will like it.

There was a time where many drummers were using TD-6's just for cymbals, and as an expansion to the 12 or 20. I've always heard it works great like that.
    Alan
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | message | recommendations

Comment

I own a td12. Am I right in thinking if you use another module, say for cymbals, you take the dual zone triggering from another to use for cymbal? I presume you can use the td12 cymbals? Not a 'lesser' module?
      Electronic - Mapex DIY conversion black sparkle10,12,12,14,14 toms.16 bass. TD12, VH-12, CY 12,14,14,15. Jobeky snare. 682 heads, zed head and one Remo silentstroke. Roland PM3.
      Acoustic - Yamaha Maple Custom black sparkle. 10,12,13,14,16,22 Zildjian Avedis Crashes, ride. Quick beat and new beat hats. Yamaha Maple snare, Pearl Sensitone brass snare, Yamaha Bamboo snare, Tee Drums Oak snare.

Comment

Awesome and WELCOME!!!!!! Post some pics of your set up and have FUN here!

K ;-)
        My bands: Alter Ego, Arcanum
        E Kit = Roland TDW-20s kit // Roland SPD-S// Pearl Demon Drives//
        A Kit = Tama Swingstar 5 pc (1981) w/roto toms (orig owner!) //Zildjians
        A Kit = Natal 6 pc with Paiste 2000 & Zildjian/MidiKNights/DrumSplitters

Comment

Working...
        X