Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

new guy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new guy

hey gang,

I'm new here. been an amateur musician for 30 years. love singin, guitar, keys, harmonica, and now I'm getting a TD15 KV.
    am super excited. played a set (sans the V), a couple nights ago. flipped for it. don't know how to play. even so, I had so much fun playing the set, that I have to get one. I was just in awe of how great it sounded and how much fun it was. I actually started working up a sweat. I really liked the workout. and cannot wait for my set to be delivered.
    I know I have a lot to learn. thats for sure.
    anyway, I've read a little here. this forum will be a great source for help.
    peace,
    Charlie
    ps: told Mom about my latest madcap hijinks in this foray into the amazing awesome world of v-drumming. her first question was: "will it do brush sounds?". gotta love it.
    she said that she has brushes that belonged to her brothers (my uncles, may they rest in peace). we estimated that the brushes are 85 years old.
    Last edited by chasmanian; 12-07-14, 10:07 PM.

Welcome, and your mom will be delighted to know that it can do brush sounds!

Comment

Welcome!

Yep, banging on stuff can be very satisfying sometimes!

And yes, lots of info on this site, lots to read in between banging sessions, so you can make the most of your experience with your kit.

Enjoy!
      DTX700, eDRUMin 4+10, A2E Dixon kit, Yamaha cymbals, FSR HH
      Kit Pix http://vdrums.com/forum/album.php?albumid=613

My new venture, HiEnd Speakers. : voglosounds.com

Comment

hey thanks guys. great to hear about the brush sounds!!

Comment

Get some lessons soon as you can mate. You dont want to get into bad habits at the start. They are hard to change further down the line.

Comment

thank you very much John.
            wow. gotcha.
            I just sat down and played my set for the first time.
            oh, man. I loved it.
            thank you again for the really great advice.
            I've watched a couple youtube video lessons.
            it was so much fun for me to just mess around.
            I have to see how it goes playing along to a song.
            but you are so right about the lessons.

Comment

Welcome and post some pics of your setup!! Lots of fun and helpful folks here for ya!

K ;-)
              My bands: Alter Ego, Arcanum
              E Kit = Roland TDW-20s kit // Roland SPD-S// Pearl Demon Drives//
              A Kit = Tama Swingstar 5 pc (1981) w/roto toms (orig owner!) //Zildjians
              A Kit = Natal 6 pc with Paiste 2000 & Zildjian/MidiKNights/DrumSplitters

Comment

Welcome! been a lot of years since I played with brushes, but it was really fun learning how! So cool she kept those!
                TD50 Digital Pack, TD30 and TD9 Modules, custom made pads, Gen16 crashes, and hats plus a few other things that I'm not sure what to do with or why they're still in my kit. Bands: Espada http://www.musicaespada.com/ and JamCo https://www.facebook.com/JamcoEntertainment, https://www.jamcoband.com/

Comment

I thought brushes were for either doing your hair or painting things.

Comment

Welcome and have fun learning drums. They are great for getting physically involved
                    Roland TD30 module on TD20 kit SD3 with various kits. Pearl Masters Kit, Yamaha 9000RC original natural wood finish. Cymbals from Zildgian Pasite and Sabian. Loads of percussion bits. Cubase and Wavelab always current versions.

Comment

thanks alot guys.
                      turns out they're not brushes.
                      they were just some pieces of wire, like you use to attach index cards to stuff with.
                      anyway, loving playing the drums.

Comment

Working...
                      X