Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why hello there.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why hello there.

Hey all! Long story short, I've been playing for years, recently moved, and the new neighbors called the police on me. Rather than have to deal with drama, I decided to just get an e-kit. I recently purchased a Simmons SD-1000 and I was not a fan of it. After that whole debacle, I just decided it would be easier and cheaper to just convert an old pdp z5 that I have had collecting dust for quite awhile now. Here's a pic of my work in progress setup. Here is just a quick hookup I did to make sure everything works. A few items are missing here, because I'm waiting on a few more pieces to this kit. I am currently in the process of converting an old pdp z5 I had laying around into an e-kit. I purchased a ddrum pack, that comes with a ddrum d1m module and a set of ddrum red shot triggers. I'll be running them through a Simmons DA50 I picked up for super cheap, along with a set of Remo Silent Stroke heads.

I'm currently waiting on two more mesh heads to come via post, and I have to exchange a few wires that I have because they are not long enough! I am eventually going to upgrade to a Roland TD-10 or TD-12, and after time, eventually interface the module with my PC. I'm in no rush though, because I like to do my research and get everything done right the first time. I'm currently having issues with the snare drum sensitivity, but I'm quite confident that it has to do with the module, and not the trigger itself. Just thought I'd stop in and introduce myself. I've already learned a hell of a lot by just browsing through the forums. Not only that, but I'd also like to help others out too with similar low-budget setups like mine. I've already gone through a bit of trial and error and have been learning a lot even on my own. I'll post another pic with the completed setup by the end of the week. Thanks!
    Last edited by Chubbs; 06-17-14, 04:38 PM.

Welcome welcome and nice intro!!! Please keep posting pics of your progress! Great going so far!

K
    My bands: Alter Ego, Arcanum
    E Kit = Roland TDW-20s kit // Roland SPD-S// Pearl Demon Drives//
    A Kit = Tama Swingstar 5 pc (1981) w/roto toms (orig owner!) //Zildjians
    A Kit = Natal 6 pc with Paiste 2000 & Zildjian/MidiKNights/DrumSplitters

Comment

Welcome to the forum. Amazing that the neighbors called the police. Nice kit too.
      Equipment: TD-30KV, DW9000 hardware, ROC-N-SOC Throne, Behringer ULTRATONE K3000FX Amp, JBL EON 615 Powered Speaker, Yamaha MG06X. 1965 Ludwig Super Classic. Black diamond pearl. Zildjian K Custom Dark cymbals, DW 7000 hardware, DW 9000 kick pedal.

Comment

Welcome man, you are not a real drummer unless the cops have been called on you! haha
        TD50 Digital Pack, TD30 and TD9 Modules, custom made pads, Gen16 crashes, and hats plus a few other things that I'm not sure what to do with or why they're still in my kit. Bands: Espada http://www.musicaespada.com/ and JamCo https://www.facebook.com/JamcoEntertainment, https://www.jamcoband.com/

Comment

Good point.
          Equipment: TD-30KV, DW9000 hardware, ROC-N-SOC Throne, Behringer ULTRATONE K3000FX Amp, JBL EON 615 Powered Speaker, Yamaha MG06X. 1965 Ludwig Super Classic. Black diamond pearl. Zildjian K Custom Dark cymbals, DW 7000 hardware, DW 9000 kick pedal.

Comment

Working...
          X