Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Long Time Acousitc Having to Play Electric More Often

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long Time Acousitc Having to Play Electric More Often

Hello, I posted a question earlier this week and had some more so I figured I should introduce myself. I'm a long time acoustic player. I have a Yamaha DTX that a friend of mine gave me about 15 years ago when he got his TD-20. He must have had it 5 to 10 years before that.
    With my current living arrangement, I've had to use the electronics more often. They still work good, but I miss the workout I get from the acoustics, and also, I've found that my knees hit the bottoms of the pads when I play double bass.
    Because of this, I'm looking to convert my acoustics to electronic starting with the module I currently have and going from there. There seems to be a lot of good information on this site (I've already ordered a pair of Kriggs from the US distributor, they're having a sale $20 off) and I'm pretty sure I'll be able to get the setup I want with a little bit of research and questions answered from the knowledgeable people on this site.

Thanks in advance for all of your help!
    Yamaha DTX502 module, mapex piccolo snare, 10" and 12" vintage Tama Superstar toms, 16" no name blue sparkle floor tom (from my first kit in 1979 resurrected from the attic) Triggera Intriggs on snare and two mounted toms, Roland RT-10 on floor tom, two Kriggs, Yamaha RH135, pcy135, and pcy155

Welcome and post some pics of your kit now and progress with your conversion !

K
    My bands: Alter Ego, Arcanum
    E Kit = Roland TDW-20s kit // Roland SPD-S// Pearl Demon Drives//
    A Kit = Tama Swingstar 5 pc (1981) w/roto toms (orig owner!) //Zildjians
    A Kit = Natal 6 pc with Paiste 2000 & Zildjian/MidiKNights/DrumSplitters

Comment

Thanks Kenster! Right now, all you would see is a 1982 Tama Superstar and the Yamaha DTX. I have to do things in stages money-wise to keep the Mrs. happy. My goal is to get the Kriggs, then sell my Yamaha KP65's. Once that is done, I would like to get the Yamaha dtx502 and sell my old Yamaha module,. Then I can move on to the heads and triggers. I'm not sure about the triggers so I'll probably ask about that in the product section. Then, I'll work on selling the Yamaha pads and cymbals and getting new cymbals. It will be a process, but yes, good idea, I will document each step.
      Thanks again.
      Yamaha DTX502 module, mapex piccolo snare, 10" and 12" vintage Tama Superstar toms, 16" no name blue sparkle floor tom (from my first kit in 1979 resurrected from the attic) Triggera Intriggs on snare and two mounted toms, Roland RT-10 on floor tom, two Kriggs, Yamaha RH135, pcy135, and pcy155

Comment

Working...
      X