Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My 2box, Aquarian, Mapex, Gen 16 kit with Acoustics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 2box, Aquarian, Mapex, Gen 16 kit with Acoustics

Here is my current setup. This is a Mapex kit w/ 10,12,14,16, and 22 with a 2box module. All heads are Aquarian On-heads with the exception of the kick which is a Pearl Tru Trac. Cymbals are Zildjian Gen 16 w/ 14 hats, (2) 18 crashes, and 20 ride.

I scaled down the vintage Ludwigs to mirror the ekit - Paiste Signature cymbals, Evans hydraulic heads, and sizes are 10, 13, 16, 18, and 24.

I have to say that I am very pleased with both my kits now. I will migrate to the Gen 16 bronze when they are released, but other than that, I am done. Its been a long journey going from TD10, T20, DTX950, and finally to the 2box/Aquarian/Gen 16s.. I have never been happier with my kits. They are an absolute joy to play - both of them

Chris
    Last edited by csnow; 02-16-14, 07:39 PM.

That's how it's done!

Awesome setups, Chris! - I gotta say, your Ludwig's look sexy even when scaled down! ....you could even do a 'micro-kit' configuration with some of your spare toms now...

"My best friends' name is J-SON. They used to call him 'Mr. Parse.' He has an 'Error'..!"

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/core/cus...ar33631_4.jpeg

Comment

Nice!

Comment

What kind of heads are on those Ludwigs?
        electronic drum triggers >>> | electronic cymbals >>>

Subscribe to our FB page

Comment

Originally posted by hairmetal-81 View Post
          That's how it's done!

Awesome setups, Chris! - I gotta say, your Ludwig's look sexy even when scaled down! ....you could even do a 'micro-kit' configuration with some of your spare toms now...

Thanks buddy. I can say for the first time that I am really happy with my ekit. Just having normal size drums and metal cymbals makes such a huge difference than having e-kit sizes and rubber cymbals. The 2box is just icing on the cake. I am so glad I listened to you, Jerry, Daniel and all the others not to abandon the 2box. The e-kit is every bit as satisfying as my acoustic drums now. I don't feel like I am playing on a "toy" anymore. Not that any e-kit is a toy but it just didn't have a drum set feel. I think everyone knows what I mean.

Originally posted by theimageofall View Post
          Nice!
          I appreciate the compliments

Originally posted by triggera View Post
          What kind of heads are on those Ludwigs?
          They are Evans hydraulic heads. Two heads with a film of hydraulic film between the layers. If you like resonant, ringy drums you will hate them. I like the low, deep thud of 70's and 80's music. These were the rave back then and just go nicely with my 3-ply Ludwigs. It is the sound I grew up with. I think the color also looks cool with the Sky Blue Pearl wrap and the Paiste Blue Bell ride but that isn't why I bought them

Comment

I think I'll go down the 2box route when my Alesis DM8 finally gives up - I've heard only good things about them.

Comment

Nice kits!

Comment

VERY NICE!
                8 piece DIY Acrylic, 2x2Box DrumIt5, Gen16 4xDCP, DIY Acrylic&Gen16 Conversions, Sleishman Twin-QuadSteele hybrid, Gibraltar&DrumFrame rack, DW9502LB, Midi Knights Pro Lighting
                http://www.airbrushartists.org/DreamscapeAirbrushRealm

Comment

Wow Super Nice, Good Choice of Equipment!
                  Stephen | Electronic Drum Center | 888-995-7485

My Kit | Custom Electronic Drum Kit | Bible Scripture Wraps | Hart Dynamics Cymbals | MacBook Pro i7 | Motu 828Mkiii Hybrid | Roland TD-20 (MIDI) | Steven Slate Drums

Comment

Woah, lovely kits!

Comment

Working...
                    X