Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deathmetal from our last live show (drumcam)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deathmetal from our last live show (drumcam)

Here is a video from the last live show I played. the audio is not from the camera videoing me. its from the other moblie camera that was out in the front. sound guy was just starting to adjust mics for our set so snare is quiet and kicks are loud but you get the idea

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5QTzUqDYWk

Freakin hell yeah!

K ;-)
    My bands: Alter Ego, Arcanum
    E Kit = Roland TDW-20s kit // Roland SPD-S// Pearl Demon Drives//
    A Kit = Tama Swingstar 5 pc (1981) w/roto toms (orig owner!) //Zildjians
    A Kit = Natal 6 pc with Paiste 2000 & Zildjian/MidiKNights/DrumSplitters

Comment

Man you make those blast beats look easy... Absolutely solid drumming, I think I'm jealous! xD

Comment

thanks man. it's alot of time and practice technique really helps not destroy my arms every show too haha but i got that by logging hours

Comment

I'm still working on my technique, starting to be able to blast 240bpm now, but only after I'm very warmed up. Which technique do you use? It looks like flying fingers but I could be wrong

Comment

Um, you kids and your damn loud music!

lol, nice job but not my kinda thing. I'm gonna go make a pot of tea and catch up on Matlock, lol.
            TD50 Digital Pack, TD30 and TD9 Modules, custom made pads, Gen16 crashes, and hats plus a few other things that I'm not sure what to do with or why they're still in my kit. Bands: Espada http://www.musicaespada.com/ and JamCo https://www.facebook.com/JamcoEntertainment, https://www.jamcoband.com/

Comment

Sounds great. Are you doing heel-toe when doing double bass or is it single strokes?
              Last edited by ThePod; 03-29-14, 01:23 AM.

Comment

Hey I love me a glass of tea!!!. Self taught my technique is kinda bad.. but it developed out of pure determination....... Once you get to 220+ it should be almost all fingers....... try to keep your hands quite still and pull them in. it also helps to keep your thum on the stick opposite. and pull them together. i'll make a video soon.

its a variant of heel toe. i have videos on these forums. its like hitting flat with your heel behind your pedal. and catching the rebound with your toe...... so more like (arch of your foot-toe)

Comment

• BWaj
                  BWaj commented
                  Editing a comment
                  lol, well played! I got tired just watching you...

Originally posted by scottyp View Post
                Hey I love me a glass of tea!!!. Self taught my technique is kinda bad.. but it developed out of pure determination....... Once you get to 220+ it should be almost all fingers....... try to keep your hands quite still and pull them in. it also helps to keep your thum on the stick opposite. and pull them together. i'll make a video soon. its a variant of heel toe. i have videos on these forums. its like hitting flat with your heel behind your pedal. and catching the rebound with your toe...... so more like (arch of your foot-toe)
                Thanks for the tip! One of my favourite drummers can do 240+ but he plays a weird whipping motion, kind of like the moeller technique . Still trying to find the best one for me though. And I've never managed heel toe! I can sometimes reach 260 with single strokes, and short bursts of 280 with them as well.

Comment

Working...
                X