Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

**** New Drum Cover VIDEO **** Dance the night away - Van Halen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• **** New Drum Cover VIDEO **** Dance the night away - Van Halen

Enjoy everyone!!! Used Neil Peart's Snakes & Arrows kit (had that retro drum kit sound, perfect for this old skool Van Halen track) triggered by the 2BOX & Mics
    - EKIT: Jobeky Drums: Custom 5 piece "Lacewood fade" & Hart 13" Pro Chrome snare. ROLAND MG V-CYMBALS
    - AKIT: PDP Concept Maple by DW. Zildjian K & A Custom cymbals. Hybrid acoustic mic'd / 2Box triggered kit

MY YOU TUBE DRUM COVER CHANNEL: www.youtube.com/gregthegroove

Awesome job! Kinda confused on what is triggering what or why on your kit tho. Maybe need to break it down...might be useful to others if it is a superior way to go with a hybrid kit.

K ;-)
    My bands: Alter Ego, Arcanum
    E Kit = Roland TDW-20s kit // Roland SPD-S// Pearl Demon Drives//
    A Kit = Tama Swingstar 5 pc (1981) w/roto toms (orig owner!) //Zildjians
    A Kit = Natal 6 pc with Paiste 2000 & Zildjian/MidiKNights/DrumSplitters

Comment

Your mixing seems wonky. Your drum track is barely audible. There are plenty of drum fills I hear that AVH is playing that you are not, or you are playing something else. It either ends up as a mess of two different drum fills being played together, or only hearing AVH playing. You might want to up the volume of your drum track so people can get a better idea of what your kit sounds like. As of right now, it all sounds like AVH playing.
      I think my work is done here.

Comment

• Greg The Groove
        Greg The Groove commented
        Editing a comment
        What's probably happening is that A) It's not a drumless track, so I'm playing over the original track with drums, so your hearing some of the original drums in the song. I did lower the music track considerably, but I couldn't raise my drum track much more in Pro Tools because it would clip. B) It's not a 100% note for note drum cover so I missed a few parts C) The drum track audio of my drums recorded was from the video take from the side up view. I didn't have two simultaneous cameras going, so the front side view is just video of me playing, and trying to remember what I did the first time! Hehe, so it's a different take. Moving forward, I will be using two cameras with one take to eliminate the audio/ not syncing up issues

Ken, below are the details of how I record my kit. All drums (Bass drum, toms and snare) are being triggered by a 2Box module using ddrum external triggers (you could see them on the rims of my toms). I use direct outs for kick, snare and toms from the 2Box module to my Mackie mixing console. In addition to the drum module sounds, I use one snare mic and two Overhead Mics (Left and Right and low cut 100hz) to capture the cymbals and some overall acoustic room sound from the drum kit. I then simply mix them all on the mixing board, some snare reverb etc if needed and simply record a stereo MP3 using the main outs L/R from the console. I do all the mixing pre recording on my Mackie mixer.
      - EKIT: Jobeky Drums: Custom 5 piece "Lacewood fade" & Hart 13" Pro Chrome snare. ROLAND MG V-CYMBALS
      - AKIT: PDP Concept Maple by DW. Zildjian K & A Custom cymbals. Hybrid acoustic mic'd / 2Box triggered kit

MY YOU TUBE DRUM COVER CHANNEL: www.youtube.com/gregthegroove

Comment

Working...
      X