Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AC/DC Money Talks Drum cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AC/DC Money Talks Drum cover

I finally covered an AC/DC Song.
    Roland TD-30KV, Alesis Strike Pro Kit, Tama HW, QSC K10x2, Logic Pro, Toontrack Superior Drummer 3, Focusrite Clarett 4Pre Thunderbolt Interface

Very cool!!!!
    - EKIT: Jobeky Drums: Custom 5 piece "Lacewood fade" & Hart 13" Pro Chrome snare. ROLAND MG V-CYMBALS
    - AKIT: PDP Concept Maple by DW. Zildjian K & A Custom cymbals. Hybrid acoustic mic'd / 2Box triggered kit

MY YOU TUBE DRUM COVER CHANNEL: www.youtube.com/gregthegroove

Comment

Love that tune! - Phil Rudd would be heavily overwhelmed by such a *monstrous* kit, though....

"My best friends' name is J-SON. They used to call him 'Mr. Parse.' He has an 'Error'..!"

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/core/cus...ar33631_4.jpeg

Comment

Thanks Greg and yes hairmetal, his is very simple with that great loud, deep sound. I should have had a cigarette in my mouth. At least an E-cigarette.
        Roland TD-30KV, Alesis Strike Pro Kit, Tama HW, QSC K10x2, Logic Pro, Toontrack Superior Drummer 3, Focusrite Clarett 4Pre Thunderbolt Interface

Comment

Don't bother with E-cigarettes**, get a big freaking smoke-machine! - put in on 'Max', and start inhale!

** I think I had a glimpse at what's in store for Roland-Connect 2015!
          'Roland Super-Natural E-cigs', anyone?

"My best friends' name is J-SON. They used to call him 'Mr. Parse.' He has an 'Error'..!"

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/core/cus...ar33631_4.jpeg

Comment

Great job! Don't think we didn't notice the Neil Peart-esque set up of your toms lol.

K ;-)
            My bands: Alter Ego, Arcanum
            E Kit = Roland TDW-20s kit // Roland SPD-S// Pearl Demon Drives//
            A Kit = Tama Swingstar 5 pc (1981) w/roto toms (orig owner!) //Zildjians
            A Kit = Natal 6 pc with Paiste 2000 & Zildjian/MidiKNights/DrumSplitters

Comment

Yup, he has a big influence on me by far Ken. And hairmetal, Im probably the biggest nerd in here. I actually have a fog machine. Looks like the next cover will include my lights and some fog.

Comment

Nice! Good choice of song too.

Originally posted by hairmetal-81 View Post
                Love that tune! - Phil Rudd would be heavily overwhelmed by such a *monstrous* kit, though....
                It wasn't Phil Rudd that recorded this song actually, it was Chris Slade. He only recorded one album with AC/DC and that was The Razor's Edge, then went on the Donnington tour with them where the live album was recorded. It was after that tour was over that they decided to get Phil Rudd back. And I don't believe Rudd's ever performed that song live. In fact the only song they do off The Razor's Edge album live these days is Thunderstruck.

IMO, Chris Slade was the better drummer, but not many other AC/DC fans would agree with me. He definitely had a kit that would rival yours

Last edited by White_Pointer; 01-20-14, 05:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X