Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My mix and match kit.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My mix and match kit.

This is my rocking baby.........Roland td6v, vexed with elite download, x2 mesh head toms and yamaha triple zone snare (dual zone with td6v), x2 roland cy8, x2 alesis surge crash,x1 kit toys.two roland pd6 for hi hat and 2nd snare.double kick pedal, slammed bassdrum, peavey 400 watt pa, sennheiser ie 4 monitoring with headphone amp and akai mpx8 sampler. plus a million stereo leads and an adhd monkey drummer.

all thats left for me really is to get the mpx8 loaded up with some nice samples for the snare and due an upgrade on the hi hat, but aint decided what to go for yet. been gigging it for over a year and never let me down. rack is doubled up from a yamaha and roland rack so doesn't move at all.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.
    td6v and tm-2 samples, mesh diy drums with ddrum triggers, pd8 and pd85 .cy8 cymbals. peavey kb300 amplifier. premier double pedal.

Very unique kit you have there - like it, the angles of your cymbal holders!
    The pirate flag will please someone on this forum...

Oh ....and are these 'oven thingies' under your bassdrum-spurs?
    Creative way to stop bassdrum-creep!
    Greetings from Switzerland,
    - Dänoh

"My best friends' name is J-SON. They used to call him 'Mr. Parse.' He has an 'Error'..!"

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/core/cus...ar33631_4.jpeg

Comment

hahaha.yeah they are oven thingies mate.just for in the house as the missus will destroy me if the wooden floor gets marked.........again!
      td6v and tm-2 samples, mesh diy drums with ddrum triggers, pd8 and pd85 .cy8 cymbals. peavey kb300 amplifier. premier double pedal.

Comment

Will you have alot of creep if you change the bassdrum tips to rubber? I think I can make out the tips of your spurs showing spikes...
        Greetings from Switzerland,
        - Dänoh

"My best friends' name is J-SON. They used to call him 'Mr. Parse.' He has an 'Error'..!"

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/core/cus...ar33631_4.jpeg

Comment

to be honest.the slammed/stickered bassdrum is all a fake .the yamaha kp is sat behind it and held in place by the rack and the bassdrum.the silver spur has poked through the rubber but this dont matter at gigs as it doesnt creep at all. in the house though.....god damn them wooden floors.lol.

Comment

That is a mix-and-match kit indeed! Looks like something Frankenstein would create if he was a drummer. It looks good though, it has charm, if a drumkit can have charm that is :P
            What toms are those? Are they e-drum toms or cut-up a-drum toms with mesh heads on them? What mesh heads are you using, and how good are they on terms of feel and noise level?

Comment

Hey Yardbird, yeah frankenstein with charm,i like that. The hi tom is a diy job the floortom is the millenium 12".I like the mesh heads 2ply by zed.very very little noise but great feel.can tune them to what response you want. really cant fault them.

Comment

Nice...hey..whatever it takes to play...right?
                8 piece DIY Acrylic, 2x2Box DrumIt5, Gen16 4xDCP, DIY Acrylic&Gen16 Conversions, Sleishman Twin-QuadSteele hybrid, Gibraltar&DrumFrame rack, DW9502LB, Midi Knights Pro Lighting
                http://www.airbrushartists.org/DreamscapeAirbrushRealm

Comment

Very shagadelic, baby!

K ;-)
                  My bands: Alter Ego, Arcanum
                  E Kit = Roland TDW-20s kit // Roland SPD-S// Pearl Demon Drives//
                  A Kit = Tama Swingstar 5 pc (1981) w/roto toms (orig owner!) //Zildjians
                  A Kit = Natal 6 pc with Paiste 2000 & Zildjian/MidiKNights/DrumSplitters

Comment

im afraid the old school punk inside me will never die despite playing more like kings of leon,stereophonics and kaiser chiefs these days. the kit is an expression of myself i suppose.always gets good comments at gigs.never seen another leccy kit been gigged here in wales.the whole thing just picks up and slams in the back of my nissan primera estate.chuck the pa in and job done, away i go.

Comment

Working...
                    X