Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PDP Acoustic/Triggered 2BOX Drum Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PDP Acoustic/Triggered 2BOX Drum Kit

Hi everybody! A few of you asked me if I could post a vid/sound demo of my new PDP kit. Here it is! I love playing it as its the best of both worlds for me =) Acoustic and Ekit!

This is a short demo of my PDP Concept Maple 6 pc drum kit. Zildjian K Custom cymbals & A Custom EFX Crash. Acoustic/electronic HYBRID drum kit.
    Overhead Mics: AT2020
    Snare Mic: Audix i5
    Drum triggers: 2BOX Drum module triggering a Gretsch Maple kit from Superior Drummer VST
    - EKIT: Jobeky Drums: Custom 5 piece "Lacewood fade" & Hart 13" Pro Chrome snare. ROLAND MG V-CYMBALS
    - AKIT: PDP Concept Maple by DW. Zildjian K & A Custom cymbals. Hybrid acoustic mic'd / 2Box triggered kit

MY YOU TUBE DRUM COVER CHANNEL: www.youtube.com/gregthegroove

I was one of the club, that wanted to see another video, and I gotta say, I have again not been disappointed!
    Your videos start to look more and more 'Pro' each time - very fine job!

Greetings from Switzerland,
    - Dänoh

"My best friends' name is J-SON. They used to call him 'Mr. Parse.' He has an 'Error'..!"

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/core/cus...ar33631_4.jpeg

Comment

Those "K's" in combination with your room sound good. Liking it.
      DTX700, eDRUMin 4+10, A2E Dixon kit, Yamaha cymbals, FSR HH
      Kit Pix http://vdrums.com/forum/album.php?albumid=613

My new venture, HiEnd Speakers. : voglosounds.com

Comment

• Greg The Groove
        Greg The Groove commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes I love the K's! Since I play in a garage, I need to have the OH mics a little lower than I would have if it were in a regular room, so it picks up a little more drums than I'd like, but I low cut the mics to roll off anything below 100hz, so that helps some. You know I was actually amazed at how good the OH mics were all by themselves. I could easily simply run a kick mic, snare and just OH at a gig and I'd be happy, if I had to.

Nice kit and sounds great Greg! Lovin' it! Thanks for sharing!

Comment

• Greg The Groove
        Greg The Groove commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks, having lots of fun! =)
    Working...
    X