Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Box O Goodies Arrived! *** NEW ACOUSTIC KIT & CYMBALS***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Box O Goodies Arrived! *** NEW ACOUSTIC KIT & CYMBALS***

Hey all, so I was bored today and BAD NEWS IS: I COULDNT play my new AKIT because half my drum set has not arrived as of yet and Guitar Center has said that the Box supposedly got hung up and should arrive next week, even though there is no UPS tracking number for it, so who knows if it will come or not. GOOD NEWS IS: Customer Service Dept gave me an additional $150 OFF the drums, so because of this mix up with only one box arriving, my new 6 Piece PDP Concept Maple kit only cost me $500! Usually is $870. Thats fair I guess

Below are some pics of my Zildjian cymbals that also arrived. I will be updating with some more pics of the kit as it arrives next week HOPEFULLY!

Zildjian K Custom Box Set: 17" Crash, 14" Hi Hats, 21" Ride, 16" A Custom EFX Crash
    14" Floor Tom & Snare
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 5 photos.
    - EKIT: Jobeky Drums: Custom 5 piece "Lacewood fade" & Hart 13" Pro Chrome snare. ROLAND MG V-CYMBALS
    - AKIT: PDP Concept Maple by DW. Zildjian K & A Custom cymbals. Hybrid acoustic mic'd / 2Box triggered kit

MY YOU TUBE DRUM COVER CHANNEL: www.youtube.com/gregthegroove

* JSON's double post *

"My best friends' name is J-SON. They used to call him 'Mr. Parse.' He has an 'Error'..!"

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/core/cus...ar33631_4.jpeg

Comment

Holly Molly!
      Not only are these some shiny metals, but your new PDP-kit is darn near the used-price range! That's lots of % off...

Couldn't you just write my name on the delivery-letter for that deal...?

"My best friends' name is J-SON. They used to call him 'Mr. Parse.' He has an 'Error'..!"

Comment

• Greg The Groove
        Greg The Groove commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Danoh! Yea, its a great price for sure. But Ive had to wait all week for my other box, and Im not even sure where it is! ;(

• hairmetal-81
        hairmetal-81 commented
        Editing a comment
        Maybe we just need a search dog for 'missing equipment'....

nice! can't wait to see it all set up.
      8 piece DIY Acrylic, 2x2Box DrumIt5, Gen16 4xDCP, DIY Acrylic&Gen16 Conversions, Sleishman Twin-QuadSteele hybrid, Gibraltar&DrumFrame rack, DW9502LB, Midi Knights Pro Lighting
      http://www.airbrushartists.org/DreamscapeAirbrushRealm

Comment

Wow!!! What a deal. Glad the drums are going to a nice home! Very nice, can't wait to see more pics and vids!

K ;-)
        My bands: Alter Ego, Arcanum
        E Kit = Roland TDW-20s kit // Roland SPD-S// Pearl Demon Drives//
        A Kit = Tama Swingstar 5 pc (1981) w/roto toms (orig owner!) //Zildjians
        A Kit = Natal 6 pc with Paiste 2000 & Zildjian/MidiKNights/DrumSplitters

Comment

OK so finally the other box happened to show today! Set up the kit 90% there. You know, I will tell you, it's without a doubt MUCH more difficult to position the kit and cymbals in an acoustic kit because everything is so big! That 21" ride is a behemoth compared to the 15" Roland ride I'm so used to. Also the toms seem so damn high to me! I played just for a bit today and I realize I haven't played a full acoustic kit in ages but I gotta admit....I completely sucked ballz! With the small Jobeky pads/TD30 fills and so forth are so much easier to go fast across the toms etc... now I also have two floor toms I'm not used to playing, so it will take some time getting used to it. I had a blast though and the kit sounds fantastic! Evans G2 Coated on all toms/Stock DW reso bottoms, Evans Genera Dry head snare and I used a Remo Powerstroke 3 head for the kick because I'm using a small pillow in the bass drum. Pics below
          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 3 photos.
          - EKIT: Jobeky Drums: Custom 5 piece "Lacewood fade" & Hart 13" Pro Chrome snare. ROLAND MG V-CYMBALS
          - AKIT: PDP Concept Maple by DW. Zildjian K & A Custom cymbals. Hybrid acoustic mic'd / 2Box triggered kit

MY YOU TUBE DRUM COVER CHANNEL: www.youtube.com/gregthegroove

Comment

• allanjohn
            allanjohn commented
            Editing a comment
            So pretty - and pristine! Enjoy.

Originally posted by Greg The Groove View Post
          OK so finally the other box happened to show today! Set up the kit 90% there. You know, I will tell you, it's without a doubt MUCH more difficult to position the kit and cymbals in an acoustic kit because everything is so big! That 21" ride is a behemoth compared to the 15" Roland ride I'm so used to. Also the toms seem so damn high to me! I played just for a bit today and I realize I haven't played a full acoustic kit in ages but I gotta admit....I completely sucked ballz! With the small Jobeky pads/TD30 fills and so forth are so much easier to go fast across the toms etc... now I also have two floor toms I'm not used to playing, so it will take some time getting used to it. I had a blast though and the kit sounds fantastic! Evans G2 Coated on all toms/Stock DW reso bottoms, Evans Genera Dry head snare and I used a Remo Powerstroke 3 head for the kick because I'm using a small pillow in the bass drum. Pics below
          Awesome PDP-kit, Greg! :drool:

Regarding the tom-height, I would have a suggestion/remedy: Off-set toms!
          ...preferably on their own tom-stand!

Comment

• Greg The Groove
            Greg The Groove commented
            Editing a comment
            Yea I thought about tom stands but I don't like to play off set toms. I like them right in front of me.

They still will be squarely in front of you! (...if you do this the right way).
          The thing that will be offset, really, is just your bassdrum!

Also, before you shell out dineros for a double tom stand, check for the following:
          Some brands made their cymbal-arms and tom-holders interchangeable! - so the tom-holder goes into the lower base of a cymbal-stand (...this will make for your double-tom stand!), and the cymbal arm will fit into the bracket on your bassdrum, holding a cymbal.

Worth exploring!
          Last edited by hairmetal-81; 12-11-13, 01:25 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X