Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Video demos of different VST drum kits on 2Box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video demos of different VST drum kits on 2Box

Hey everybody, hope everybody is doing well. Ive been messing around on the 2Box module a bit and made a video of three different VST drum kits all played on the 2Box module.
    DW Collectors Series, Tama Bubinga and a Gretsch Natural Maple. The kits sound pretty damn nice! Enjoy =)
    - EKIT: Jobeky Drums: Custom 5 piece "Lacewood fade" & Hart 13" Pro Chrome snare. ROLAND MG V-CYMBALS
    - AKIT: PDP Concept Maple by DW. Zildjian K & A Custom cymbals. Hybrid acoustic mic'd / 2Box triggered kit

MY YOU TUBE DRUM COVER CHANNEL: www.youtube.com/gregthegroove

There is no link or video attached greg.

Comment

I take it you are using the TD-30 for the hi-hat. Are you using the 2Box for the snare in this video?
      I think my work is done here.

Comment

Yea Tommy, using the TD30 for the hi hat and the 2Box for the snare and everything else. I still like to use the TD30 sometimes for some of the kicks and percussion etc... I also use it for playback on the USB stick etc... But gotta tell you, the VST sounds are really so much nicer. Shame.

Leaf, I see a video and everything. Tommy, can you see the video?
        - EKIT: Jobeky Drums: Custom 5 piece "Lacewood fade" & Hart 13" Pro Chrome snare. ROLAND MG V-CYMBALS
        - AKIT: PDP Concept Maple by DW. Zildjian K & A Custom cymbals. Hybrid acoustic mic'd / 2Box triggered kit

Comment

Yep, video is there for me.
          I think my work is done here.

Comment

Here is PART 2. Featuring Neil Peart's Snakes & Arrows Kit and Ludwig Stainless Steel and Psychedelic Red kits

Comment

Hey, Greg, fantastic demo!

I've watched video 1 so far, but sure will watch the other one, too!.
              That K Custom china is mean beast, and the Gretsch maple snare on kit number 3 is just sweet, sweet, sweeet!

Keep 'em coming!

"My best friends' name is J-SON. They used to call him 'Mr. Parse.' He has an 'Error'..!"

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/core/cus...ar33631_4.jpeg

Comment

I see part 2 video but not part 1. Im using chrome.
                For some reason now Im seeing video 1 now. Those sound nice greg thanks
                Last edited by Leaf Fan; 11-23-13, 10:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg The Groove View Post
                  Yea Tommy, using the TD30 for the hi hat and the 2Box for the snare and everything else. I still like to use the TD30 sometimes for some of the kicks and percussion etc... I also use it for playback on the USB stick etc... But gotta tell you, the VST sounds are really so much nicer. Shame.

Leaf, I see a video and everything. Tommy, can you see the video?
                  Great job Greg. Glad to see you are embracing it's potential. I'm I used my 2Box HHcontroller box mod with my VH-13. It's fairly simple and straight forward. Then I mixed both modules sounds via my console made for a nice blend as the VST samples enhanced the hats sounds dramatically. You'll have too search for the link as my subscription seem to be messed up. Seems that every thread I've replied to since the new "down grade" has me automatically subscribed top it. Now my list of subscriptions is so cluttered with crap that I can't seem to find it.
                  8 piece DIY Acrylic, 2x2Box DrumIt5, Gen16 4xDCP, DIY Acrylic&Gen16 Conversions, Sleishman Twin-QuadSteele hybrid, Gibraltar&DrumFrame rack, DW9502LB, Midi Knights Pro Lighting
                  http://www.airbrushartists.org/DreamscapeAirbrushRealm

Comment

Originally posted by fulrmr(Daniel) View Post

Great job Greg. Glad to see you are embracing it's potential. I'm I used my 2Box HHcontroller box mod with my VH-13. It's fairly simple and straight forward. Then I mixed both modules sounds via my console made for a nice blend as the VST samples enhanced the hats sounds dramatically. You'll have too search for the link as my subscription seem to be messed up. Seems that every thread I've replied to since the new "down grade" has me automatically subscribed top it. Now my list of subscriptions is so cluttered with crap that I can't seem to find it.
                    Not sure if this is the thread you meant, but this is where you did the 2Box cymbal to 2Box control box mod:

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/forum/ad...HH-Conversion=
                    I could tell you where to stick that piezo! ;)
                    Stealthdrums.com Mega Kit: Pearl Mimic Pro ,2Box modules,drums and cymbals too many to count. VST quality sounds directly from the Mimic and custom sounds loaded into and played directly from the 2Box modules. Visit me anytime at: http://stealthdrums.com/

Comment

Well I'm very excited that I'm awaiting a HH box from Mr JMan and upgraded to a DW 3000 HH stand cuz my current one sux, and is prob one reason why playing a 2box hat didn't work out in the past. Excited cuz the VST hats sound very nice! Man at that point I'm not even using the TD30 at all, but I still feel like it's my baby!

Comment

• Greg The Groove
                      Greg The Groove commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I'm not comfy selling the TD30 because of its reliabilty in a live gig situation. I'd like to have both for back up reasons

• fulrmr(Daniel)
                      fulrmr(Daniel) commented
                      Editing a comment
                      That's why I didn't sell mine for a year too. It just seemed soooo reliable that it took a while for me to realize that the 2Box is just as capable and reliable in any situation. Try the VH-13/2Box mod with the hats if you decide to keep both. I did this basically so I could demo the 2 sounds and performance side-by side.

• Greg The Groove
                      Editing a comment
                      Yea I ordered the HH mod from JMan. Should be getting it this week!

I've mentioned this before, but when I first got hold of a used 2Box module/kit it was mainly just to test it with my own drum and cymbal conversion kits, compare the response of my triggers to stock 2Box pads, and through the R&D process develop a line of conversion kits that worked well with the 2Box module. It wasn't because I was set on changing over. I had demoed the 2Box kits at NAMM, and while I thought the stock sounds were good, I was never so totally Wowed that I wanted to change directions. Once I got the 2Box setup and was using it side by side with my TD-20X, I wasn't super happy with the 2Box Hi Hat sounds...... that is before anyone had ever converted VST sounds for use in the 2Box module. So Slapthedrummer and I started pioneering in recording/converting dsnds from various VSTs mainly to improve Hi Hat sounds and response ..... All that just to say because of that chain of events and the resulting VST kits we started building the WOW definitely kicked in! So much so, I went ahead and sold the remaining TD-20X and got the 2nd 2Box module. I haven't regretted that decision since.

I think Daniel's experience is somewhat similar to mine. He was all setup with both TD-30 and 2Box .... and after a while the VST sound quality just tends to win you over.
                    Last edited by JmanWord; 11-24-13, 06:05 PM.
                    I could tell you where to stick that piezo! ;)
                    Stealthdrums.com Mega Kit: Pearl Mimic Pro ,2Box modules,drums and cymbals too many to count. VST quality sounds directly from the Mimic and custom sounds loaded into and played directly from the 2Box modules. Visit me anytime at: http://stealthdrums.com/

Comment

I just say once more how cool these demos are!

(...and I hope my post will 'go through'....)

"My best friends' name is J-SON. They used to call him 'Mr. Parse.' He has an 'Error'..!"

Comment

Originally posted by Greg The Groove View Post
                        Here is PART 2. Featuring Neil Peart's Snakes & Arrows Kit and Ludwig Stainless Steel and Psychedelic Red kits
                        I didn't quite understand. Are you using VST instruments via MIDI connections, or are loaded VST instrumets in 2 box? What are VST instruments used, Superior Drummer, Addictive drummer ....?

Comment

• Greg The Groove
                          Editing a comment
                          These are sounds from different VSTs like AD, BFD and Superior that are converted via a software program and converted to files used by the 2Box module so no computer is needed. It's a great option and they sound very nice.

Originally posted by td20td20 View Post

I didn't quite understand. Are you using VST instruments via MIDI connections, or are loaded VST instrumets in 2 box? What are VST instruments used, Superior Drummer, Addictive drummer ....?
                        The sounds are from Superior Drummer, he loaded it into his 2box module!

HTH

Comment

Working...
                        X