Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My show set up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My show set up

Just finished a run of four shows over three nights for a local school production of Back to the 80's.

I was fortunate enough to be able to get a TD30 module for the show, and I have to say, other than a few teething issues, it was brilliant! I used the 8 direct outs and the Master outs for the ambience and FX.

The sampling pad to my left was for the sound fx and a couple of loops we needed to use as the keyboard player couldn't manage all of the parts for Dancing on the Ceiling!
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.
    TD20KX, Abbey Road Modern Drums, Garageband, Cakewalk UM-ONE Midi Interface, iMac OS X Lion, Other Pads as and when I can blag them!!!

For some reason, I keep getting this spatter of drool going when I look at this kit. I'm starting to feel GAS again.
    Nice kit!
    Brain: TD-15
    Toms:
    (2) PD-85 (3) PD-8 (2) PDX-100 (1) KD-9 Kick
    Cymbals:
    VH-11, CY-12C, CY-13R, CY-8
    Software: Superior Drummer 2.2.3, Ableton Live 9, FL10

Comment

Agreed... very drool-worthy.
      It's a beaut'!

"My best friends' name is J-SON. They used to call him 'Mr. Parse.' He has an 'Error'..!"

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/core/cus...ar33631_4.jpeg

Comment

It would be very fair to say that I did love playing this "slightly" expanded kit for the show..... But the blooming sampler went down on the first night (thankfully at the end of act 1) so we had to spend the intermission sorting out new connections for it and then sorting volumes. We could have done it on the fly if it wasn't for having a click track programmed on there for the final "Megamix" which went all over the place tempo wise! I'm still not sure what caused the problem, but thankfully the kit belongs to the school so it's their problem!

Oh, and for those interested, the drums/cymbals on the main kit are from the TD20KX set that I had, I literally just swapped the module out! The extra pads were PD8's and CY8's.... The sampler was the SPD-S with an extra PD8 to make triggering a keyboard loop easier. There was also a Shure wireless mic so I could insult/communicate with the MD throughout the show and a Behringer mixer...
        TD20KX, Abbey Road Modern Drums, Garageband, Cakewalk UM-ONE Midi Interface, iMac OS X Lion, Other Pads as and when I can blag them!!!

Comment

Working...
        X