X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JmanWord
    replied
    Yeah, GAS always wins the day Jeff .... That wrap looks GREAT tmk21 ..... what an improvement! Nice job! That looks like an expensive kit now!

Leave a comment:

• Jeffo
    replied
    I know this guy Jman and I promise you can't talk him off the ledge. He sees drums that nobody else can see if ya know what I mean. Actually , I may have caught the same bug. After a forced rest in my one bedroom condo for the holidays, my kit has been set back up for 2 days and I already bought an in ear and an over ear sets of headphones. Meanwhile I already have 2 over ears and I dont kniw how many in ears. Point being I smell a G.A.S. leak, lol!! Insanity is fun!

Leave a comment:

• tmk21
    replied
    Turned this beat up CB700 into an electronic kit just a few weeks ago. Absolutely in love with it so far. I already had a converted Taye snare with a Jobeky trigger. The toms and bass have UFO Drums e-bridges. Drum-tec real feel heads and the wrap is from Bum Wrap Drum Co. I'm using Alesis Crimson cymbals, pro-x, and Crimson module as well but I trigger EZD2 90% of the time. The Pop Punk EZX is EVERYTHING I need. I want to make cymbal upgrades in a few months, thinking Jobeky L/V and likely the module too.

Leave a comment:

• gobears10
    replied
    Thanks so much tivi and rdubu!! Tivi, I will get back to on you that, because I actually haven't set up my China yet! I realized I didn't have enough trigger cables for all my pads, so I ordered some more from Amazon and they're on their way. When I set up my China I'll let you know. Thanks

Leave a comment:

• rdubu
    replied
    Originally posted by gobears10 View Post
    I'm just so incredibly filled with joy right now...
    Nice setup man. Enjoy

Leave a comment:

• tivi
    replied
    Originally posted by gobears10 View Post
    I'm just so incredibly filled with joy right now. Drumming is my main hobby, and after so many years, I get to have what to me is my personal dream kit! I previously rocked a TD-25KV (although I upgraded the kick pad to the KD-120) before selling that and moving on to this!

I'm sort of a weirdo who is almost never happy with stock options (even if they are high quality hahaha), and I love tinkering around with stuff. Here ya go for kit pics!

My Gear:

Pearl Mimic Pro Module
    13" x 5" Drum-tec Diablo Hand Hammered Snare
    10" x 5" Drum-tec Diablo meshhead Pad black finish (Tom 1)
    12" x 5" Drum-tec Diablo meshhead Pad black finish (Tom 2)
    13" x 12" ATV aDrums - artist Floor Tom
    18" x 12" Drum-tec diabolo mesh head Bass Drum, black finish
    Roland VH-11 (Hi-Hat)
    Alesis Strike Pro 14" Dual Trigger Cymbal Pad (Crash 1)
    Roland CY-14C Silver (Crash 2)
    Roland CY-15R (Ride)
    Roland CY-12 (Splash)
    Triggera D14 14" China Cymbal Pad (China)
    Drum-tec Trigger Tube Pro (Bar Trigger, mainly for Cowbell)
    DW DWCP3500 Hi-Hat Stand
    DW 3000 Series Single Bass Drum Pedal
    Roc n Soc Throne

Hope you guys enjoy my frankenstein kit, and I can't wait to record some videos of me playing soon! The Mimic Pro sounds absolutely gorgeous.
    nice kit, what trigger setting you selected for your Triggera D14 14" China Cymbal Pad (China)? thanks.

Leave a comment:

• gobears10
    replied
    I'm just so incredibly filled with joy right now. Drumming is my main hobby, and after so many years, I get to have what to me is my personal dream kit! I previously rocked a TD-25KV (although I upgraded the kick pad to the KD-120) before selling that and moving on to this!

I'm sort of a weirdo who is almost never happy with stock options (even if they are high quality hahaha), and I love tinkering around with stuff. Here ya go for kit pics!

My Gear:

Pearl Mimic Pro Module
    13" x 5" Drum-tec Diablo Hand Hammered Snare
    10" x 5" Drum-tec Diablo meshhead Pad black finish (Tom 1)
    12" x 5" Drum-tec Diablo meshhead Pad black finish (Tom 2)
    13" x 12" ATV aDrums - artist Floor Tom
    18" x 12" Drum-tec diabolo mesh head Bass Drum, black finish
    Roland VH-11 (Hi-Hat)
    Alesis Strike Pro 14" Dual Trigger Cymbal Pad (Crash 1)
    Roland CY-14C Silver (Crash 2)
    Roland CY-15R (Ride)
    Roland CY-12 (Splash)
    Triggera D14 14" China Cymbal Pad (China)
    Drum-tec Trigger Tube Pro (Bar Trigger, mainly for Cowbell)
    DW DWCP3500 Hi-Hat Stand
    DW 3000 Series Single Bass Drum Pedal
    Roc n Soc Throne

Hope you guys enjoy my frankenstein kit, and I can't wait to record some videos of me playing soon! The Mimic Pro sounds absolutely gorgeous.
    Last edited by gobears10; 12-10-19, 12:55 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Cyberjam
    replied
    Just my practice kit...

Leave a comment:

• willsud
    replied
    Originally posted by winterson View Post
    seems like your cymbals are super close together and would hit each other quite a bit?
    Thanks for the comment but no, I can assure you they don't touch - however I've nudged that ride cymbal a million times since taking the picture

Leave a comment:

• winterson
    replied
    seems like your cymbals are super close together and would hit each other quite a bit?

Leave a comment:

• willsud
    replied
    After years of practice I finally feel confident enough to move my ride cymbal to the left of the kit. I've long played hi-hat open-hand. Certainly opens up the right side of the kit for even more tom work - plus it's good to get out of a rut sometimes

Leave a comment:

• Dreamdrummer
    replied
    thanks!
    Here you go:

Kick: 18x22" Gretsch USA Custom (EZX Rock Solid)
    Snare: Big Crack Snare (EZX Metal)
    Tom1: 8x12" Yamaha 9000 (EZdrummer 2 Modern)
    Tom2: 9x13" Yamaha 9000 (EZdrummer 2 Modern)
    Floor: 16x18" Ayotte Custom (EZX Rock Solid)

Hihat: 14" Sabian HHX Groove (EZdrummer 2 Modern)
    Crash1: 17" Sabian HHX Xtreme Crash (EZdrummer 2 Modern)
    Splash: 10" Paiste Twenty Custom Metal Splash (EZX Made Of Metal)
    Crash2: 17" Sabian AAX Xplosion Fast Crash (EZdrummer 2 Modern)
    Ride: 21" Sabian Will Calhoun Signature (EXZ Progressive)
    Crash3: 20" Sabian HHX Evolution Ozone Crash (EZdrummer 2 Modern)

Love these sounds and my kit!
    In the near future I want to experiment with permanent rubber U profiles on the cymbals, instead of the Cymbomutes.
    At the moment I'm making a stealth kicktrigger, instead of the Roland RT-10K

Kitt2.jpg
    Last edited by Dreamdrummer; 09-19-19, 03:28 AM.

Leave a comment:

• winterson
    replied
    thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Dreamdrummer
    replied

what EZX and samples are you using for this video?
    For details I must take a look on my laptop, but off the top of my head:

EZDrummer2 - Mordern (toms, cymbals)
    EXZ - Rock! (kick)
    EZX - Metal (snare)

Once I've checked, I will get back to you!
    Last edited by Dreamdrummer; 09-17-19, 06:15 AM.

Leave a comment:

• mkok
    replied
    Originally posted by willsud View Post
    I was going to mention that - we seldom see drum kits in a church in the UK (more’s the pity )
    Depends where you go. I play drums in a Church of England church. I know of a lot that do use drums. I’ve also played my cajon as well. There are a few big places that have the full compliment of pa operators so could accommodate an ekit. My church isn’t one. I play the acoustic kit which works great and sounds good. The dynamic range of an acoustic kit is so much better so you can get the expression just right. You can’t beat acoustic cymbals with all the different options far more than ride bell and tip. Saying that a Roland kit playing SD3 can do that but I wouldn’t want to do that live. As it stands I turn up and play.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X