This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IMG_20200325_092713_642.jpg ​​​​​
    Set up my "testing station" kit to finish off some kits and samples I've been working on. Normally just go with the 1 up 2 down, 2 crashes, ride and hats at most but it's been fun maxing out the inputs on the 50 to test all the auxes!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Pulsc; 03-27-20, 11:28 AM.

Comment

• Hello folks

Final update on this kit. I will after this only ad some needed smaller details like a second module to rid myself of splitters, a couple of cymbals and 1 possibly 2 bass drum pedals to connect to my multipad's.
      front.JPG
      top down.jpg
      Detail (2).JPG
      Detail (1).JPG
      angle.JPG
      Thank you for watching
      Attached Files
      Drum-Tec Pro-s w/Roland TD50 Module. Roland SPD-SX Special edition. Nord 3P Drum synth. Roland Cymbals, Drum-Tec hardware. Small basic home recording studio and hobby musician. I wish all of you a great day !! :)

Comment

• while definitely not as spectacular as some of the last few kits posted, my kit is slowly coming along

had to remove a couple of my cymbals, my yamaha PCY-130s does not work with the strike module, and my 10" hart dynamics ecymbal 2 seems to have stopped working (or maybe it never did, i thought i'd tested it when i first got it but i was capped out on inputs on my old module so i haven't been using it prior to getting the strike). thinking i may just tear the hart cymbal apart so i can maybe re-use the project box / trigger if i attempt to DIY a cymbal.

next steps

i need to figure out if i'm going to try converting a hi hat and ride (would need to acquire a ride cymbal first) or if i'm just going to go with a couple pre-made ones from jobeky. i already have the L80 hi hat but always hesitant with the DIY stuff since i'm not great at it. found a ****ty pearl brand acoustic hi hat i'll use for the bottom hat if i convert myself to not ruin the L80 by making extra holes in it for cables so would that to convert into another crash as well.

want to move my PD-105 from floor tom position to second rack tom but then need something to take it's place. another 12" roland or alesis pad would probably be more money than just converting something (and i have a spare ISM-6 trigger i could use, though seems a waste to use such a good trigger just for a floor tom) but then i'd either need to acquire another shell or use one of the ones i have that match my kick but i don't want to have to drill out the rivets on the air vents to fit the trigger.
        Alesis STRIKE, PD-85 rack toms, PD-105BK floor tom, Mapex snare with ISM-6, PDP MX 22" kick with ISM, iron cobra 900 double pedal, hart e-cymbal2, CY-5 as splash, CY-8, CY-12R, L80 hi-hat with cheap-o trigger with goedrum hi hat controller. EZdrummer2+EZX/Addictive Drums 2 VSTs.

Comment

• Regarding that HDI-cymbal… I have the older plastic ones, they were double trigger cymbals, but only in such a way you could only use the rim switch as a choke. The metal ones, like the one you have, are those real double trigger cymbals, where you can use the rim switch to actually have a sound assigned to it as well?
          'lectric drumma
          Roland TD-20, Hart Dynamics 7.6, 2 x PD-7, extra PD-7 and Hart Snare laying around, Vic Firth Dave Weckl signature sticks, Axis A-longboards double pedal, Sony MDR-CD780 headphones and not enough inputs.

Comment

• don't believe so, honestly haven't tried to though.
            Alesis STRIKE, PD-85 rack toms, PD-105BK floor tom, Mapex snare with ISM-6, PDP MX 22" kick with ISM, iron cobra 900 double pedal, hart e-cymbal2, CY-5 as splash, CY-8, CY-12R, L80 hi-hat with cheap-o trigger with goedrum hi hat controller. EZdrummer2+EZX/Addictive Drums 2 VSTs.

Comment

• Hey y’all!
              This is my first post on the forum. Been looking thru it for quite awhile for ideas and research and finally signed up. Anyway this is the beginnings of my A to E kit.
              14” snare, 12 and 13” rack toms and 16” floor Tom. 22” kick.
              Coming from a 6 or 7+ year old TD11kv I felt like I was a bit overdue to start upgrading.
              Next steps will be cymbal additions and at some point a better module but this is what I got at the moment.
              Shout out to Jman for the trigger systems. They’ve been a solid investment so far.
              Roland TD-11 module
              Stealthdrums ISM-6 triggers; Goedrum mesh pads; Roland cy5 hat, cy-13r, cy-12c cymbals; 14" pdp encore snare shell, 12, 13, 16, 22" ludwig accent shells; tama speedcobra 910 double pedals

Comment

• My latest configuration of my DIY A2E kit... comprised of Pearl ePro shell pack 12/12/14/20 (got it for a steal on eBay), Mapex 13" snare, Triggera V2 internal triggers (toms), UFO kick trigger bar (kick), and DRONE center-cone spoke trigger design (snare). All complimented by Pearl Mimic Pro module, Roland/DW/Gibraltar hardware, and Roland/ATV/Yamaha cymbals. I use genuine Roland and Drumtec mesh heads on tops and Remo Silentstrokes on the bottoms to give that authentic acoustic look. It tracks wonderfully and will last me forever.

(Not pictured is a ePro 10" tom of same design... I have to figure out where to put it!)

Lately I've been mulling over getting rid of the purple MDS-20 rack and replacing it with something like a Gibratlar Stealth rack system on each side or going back to traditional stands. Fortunate problem is the MDS rack fits everything just perfectly!

Eventually when we move and this kit will have a proper studio/basement space I might ditch all the rubber cymbals and go with Jobeky metal cymbals or something like that for even more of a realistic look. I live in a townhome so less "clackity clack" for now, the better.

IMG_20200405_151334.jpg

IMG_20200405_151221.jpg
                Last edited by Trip McNealy; 04-05-20, 02:39 PM.
                Live Rig: Mimic Pro | KD-140 | PD-125X pads | Roland cym | MDS-9V rack | Turbosound iQ12
                Studio Rig: Mimic Pro or SD 3.0 | Pearl ePro DIY full kit | ATV + Yamaha cym | VH-11 | MDS-20 rack | ATH-M40x phones

Comment

• Originally posted by Kylez View Post
                  Hey y’all!
                  This is my first post on the forum.
                  Welcome to the forum Kylez - looks like a good project. I see you have an Ahead Spinal Glide seat - I have one for my practice setup - I was sceptical at first but it seems good.

TD-50 module, Jobeky Prestige Custom shells, SPD-SX, Nord Drum P3, SPD-30, Paiste Signature cymbals, DW 6000+9000 hardware, Lewitt LCT 140 cymbal mics, Allen & Heath ZED10 mixer, Fohhn Xperience III PA, Fohhn XT-33 active speaker drum monitor, Porter & Davies Gigster tactile monitor drum throne

Comment

• Originally posted by willsud View Post

Welcome to the forum Kylez - looks like a good project. I see you have an Ahead Spinal Glide seat - I have one for my practice setup - I was sceptical at first but it seems good.
                    Thanks for the welcome! Yep it’s been a good throne for me. Being a dentist my back needs all the help it can get.
                    Some awesome kits here. Lots of inspiration.
                    Roland TD-11 module
                    Stealthdrums ISM-6 triggers; Goedrum mesh pads; Roland cy5 hat, cy-13r, cy-12c cymbals; 14" pdp encore snare shell, 12, 13, 16, 22" ludwig accent shells; tama speedcobra 910 double pedals

Comment

• This is from the unboxing of the new kit. DW.jpg
                      Attached Files

Comment

• That surely is a nice looking kit...!
                        'lectric drumma
                        Roland TD-20, Hart Dynamics 7.6, 2 x PD-7, extra PD-7 and Hart Snare laying around, Vic Firth Dave Weckl signature sticks, Axis A-longboards double pedal, Sony MDR-CD780 headphones and not enough inputs.

Comment

• Originally posted by sonorheppy View Post
                          This is from the unboxing of the new kit. DW.jpg
                          Which Module do you use???

Just joking . . . . very nice Set!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Camst648 View Post
                            Hello folks

Final update on this kit. I will after this only ad some needed smaller details like a second module to rid myself of splitters, a couple of cymbals and 1 possibly 2 bass drum pedals to connect to my multipad's.

Thank you for watching
                            Camst648 wow that is really nice looking!
                            My Diamond Electronic Drums Kit | ATV cymbals | Gibraltar HW | 4x eDRUMin | RME HDSPe RayDAT | Superior Drummer 3 + Hansa | Reaper x64 DAW

Comment

• Originally posted by RetroRambler View Post
                              Camst648 wow that is really nice looking!
                              Thank you RetroRambler
                              Drum-Tec Pro-s w/Roland TD50 Module. Roland SPD-SX Special edition. Nord 3P Drum synth. Roland Cymbals, Drum-Tec hardware. Small basic home recording studio and hobby musician. I wish all of you a great day !! :)

Comment

• Yeah...Is it a drum kit? Is it a computer? Well, whatever...thumbnail_MVIMG_20200420_114629.jpg
                                Attached Files
                                Roland TD-11: PD-105 snare, PDX-100 toms (3); CY-13R ride; CY-12 crash (2); KD-9 kick; Iron Cobra HP900 kick pedal; VH-10 hi-hat; Iron Cobra HH605 hi-hat stand; Simmons DA200s monitor; Sony MDR-7520 and Audioquest Nightowl headphones; AD2; VEX Apex, Sync, Icons, Boost, Masters 1-2; Drum-Tec LA Studios, Real Acoustic, Alternate Rock Sound Editions

Comment

Working...
                                X