This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IMG_20200325_092713_642.jpg ​​​​​
    Set up my "testing station" kit to finish off some kits and samples I've been working on. Normally just go with the 1 up 2 down, 2 crashes, ride and hats at most but it's been fun maxing out the inputs on the 50 to test all the auxes!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Pulsc; 03-27-20, 11:28 AM.

Comment

• Hello folks

Final update on this kit. I will after this only ad some needed smaller details like a second module to rid myself of splitters, a couple of cymbals and 1 possibly 2 bass drum pedals to connect to my multipad's.
      front.JPG
      top down.jpg
      Detail (2).JPG
      Detail (1).JPG
      angle.JPG
      Thank you for watching
      Attached Files
      Drum-Tec Pro-s w/Roland TD50 Module. Roland SPD-SX Special edition. Nord 3P Drum synth. Roland Cymbals, Drum-Tec hardware. Small basic home recording studio and hobby musician. I wish all of you a great day !! :)

Comment

• while definitely not as spectacular as some of the last few kits posted, my kit is slowly coming along

had to remove a couple of my cymbals, my yamaha PCY-130s does not work with the strike module, and my 10" hart dynamics ecymbal 2 seems to have stopped working (or maybe it never did, i thought i'd tested it when i first got it but i was capped out on inputs on my old module so i haven't been using it prior to getting the strike). thinking i may just tear the hart cymbal apart so i can maybe re-use the project box / trigger if i attempt to DIY a cymbal.

next steps

i need to figure out if i'm going to try converting a hi hat and ride (would need to acquire a ride cymbal first) or if i'm just going to go with a couple pre-made ones from jobeky. i already have the L80 hi hat but always hesitant with the DIY stuff since i'm not great at it. found a ****ty pearl brand acoustic hi hat i'll use for the bottom hat if i convert myself to not ruin the L80 by making extra holes in it for cables so would that to convert into another crash as well.

want to move my PD-105 from floor tom position to second rack tom but then need something to take it's place. another 12" roland or alesis pad would probably be more money than just converting something (and i have a spare ISM-6 trigger i could use, though seems a waste to use such a good trigger just for a floor tom) but then i'd either need to acquire another shell or use one of the ones i have that match my kick but i don't want to have to drill out the rivets on the air vents to fit the trigger.
        purchased Alesis STRIKE, PD-85 rack toms, PD-105BK floor tom, Mapex snare with ISM-6, PDP MX 22" kick with ISM, iron cobra 900 double pedal, 2x hart e-cymbals, CY-5 as splash, CY-8, PCY-130, CY-12R, an L80 hi-hat with cheap-o trigger with goedrum hi hat controller. EZdrummer2+EZX/Addictive Drums 2 VSTs.

Comment

• Regarding that HDI-cymbal… I have the older plastic ones, they were double trigger cymbals, but only in such a way you could only use the rim switch as a choke. The metal ones, like the one you have, are those real double trigger cymbals, where you can use the rim switch to actually have a sound assigned to it as well?
          'lectric drumma
          Roland TD-20, Hart Dynamics 7.6, 2 x PD-7, extra PD-7 and Hart Snare laying around, Vic Firth Dave Weckl signature sticks, Axis A-longboards double pedal, Sony MDR-CD780 headphones and not enough inputs.

Comment

• don't believe so, honestly haven't tried to though.
            purchased Alesis STRIKE, PD-85 rack toms, PD-105BK floor tom, Mapex snare with ISM-6, PDP MX 22" kick with ISM, iron cobra 900 double pedal, 2x hart e-cymbals, CY-5 as splash, CY-8, PCY-130, CY-12R, an L80 hi-hat with cheap-o trigger with goedrum hi hat controller. EZdrummer2+EZX/Addictive Drums 2 VSTs.

Comment

Working...
            X