Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very resourceful. I guess most of us spend hours trying to work out how to support everything in just the right position (I know I do )
    TD-50 module, Jobeky Prestige Custom shells, SPD-SX, Paiste Signature Dark Energy cymbals, DW 6000 hardware, Allen & Heath mixer, Fohhn Xperience III PA, Fohhn XT-33 active speaker drum monitor

Comment

• My brother Simmons kit with 2 Alesis DM14 DM16 cymbal pads, my yamaha xp120 pad for snare, my yamaha hihat use with Simmons hihat controller and 135 for ride cymbal,, my PMP, my TM-2 MIDI with my SPD-30

Comment

• Updated my kit with a Pearl DR503 Rack

I'm thinking about replacing the Cymbomutes with rubber DIY ones.

Ludwig Epic, Roland Mesh-heads, DIY Cymbals, Roland TD-9, EZdrummer2 + EZX

Comment

• Originally posted by Dreamdrummer View Post
          Updated my kit with a Pearl DR503 Rack

I'm thinking about replacing the Cymbomutes with rubber DIY ones.

what are those cymbals you're using?
          Roland TD-6v all mesh, kick swapped for KD-85 mesh with iron cobra 900 double pedal, added pintech and yamaha cymbals with drum splitters, and swapped CY-5 hi-hat (now using as cymbal) for an L80 hi-hat with cheap-o trigger with goedrum hi hat controller. using free trial versions of GGD, BFD3, SSD5 VST and MTpowerdrumkit.

Comment

• Originally posted by winterson View Post

what are those cymbals you're using?
            DIY e-cymbals.
            Converted acoustic cymbals with a piezo en clear PVC for dampening.
            KRC used on the ride for bell/bow triggering.
            Last edited by Dreamdrummer; 06-13-19, 01:46 AM.

Comment

• Did a little testdrive with some new sounds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNhgcjdDKYE

Comment

DIY e-cymbals.
                Converted acoustic cymbals with a piezo en clear PVC for dampening.
                KRC used on the ride fot bell/bow triggering.
                they look and sound fantastic. anywhere i can find more information on the A2E conversion you did for them? and what are you using as a hi hat controller?

is that a roland RT-30 you're using for your snare?

and are you going TD-9 straight to PC to EZdrummer or are you using an audio interface as well?

sorry for the 20 questions, i'm envious of your setup.
                Roland TD-6v all mesh, kick swapped for KD-85 mesh with iron cobra 900 double pedal, added pintech and yamaha cymbals with drum splitters, and swapped CY-5 hi-hat (now using as cymbal) for an L80 hi-hat with cheap-o trigger with goedrum hi hat controller. using free trial versions of GGD, BFD3, SSD5 VST and MTpowerdrumkit.

Comment

• Originally posted by winterson View Post

they look and sound fantastic. anywhere i can find more information on the A2E conversion you did for them? and what are you using as a hi hat controller?

is that a roland RT-30 you're using for your snare?

and are you going TD-9 straight to PC to EZdrummer or are you using an audio interface as well?

sorry for the 20 questions, i'm envious of your setup.
                  No problem, I will send you a PM

Comment

No problem, I will send you a PM
                    I'd like to be copied on that PM if you don't mind. or just make a post. those cymbals seem like they work well.
                    Noble & Cooley acoustics. Paiste cymbals.
                    Mimic Pro, SPD SX, SPD30, SD3

Comment

• Originally posted by Roving Drummer View Post

I'd like to be copied on that PM if you don't mind. or just make a post. those cymbals seem like they work well.
                      You got it !

Comment

• Originally posted by willsud View Post
                        A year since I received this Jobeky shell set (3 toms and kick) and they are doing well gigging every week (I have them in Hardcases). I've changed all lthe heads to Roland MH2 - nothing wrong with the Jobeky supplied ones other than they felt a bit 'thin'. Hardware has lasted OK but some nut box threads have got jammed which Jobeky have said they will replace (waiting)*. I always take the rubber rings off the rims. Triggering is fantastic on the toms and kick with the TD-50. Recently added the SPD-SX just as a MIDI controller triggering sounds in the TD-50 for now - great bit of kit once you understand what it is capable of
                        Drumlites in all drums plus Drumlite triggers on all drums - bit of a fiddle and the many cables and XLR connections are a faff, but Drumlite have been really helpful and audiences seem to love it

*(Jobeky have now kindly sent me a load of spare lug boxes and tension rods)

How are you mounting the SPD? I have a Yamaha DD-65 I'm trying to incorporate into the rack but can't figure out how to mount it. Although that has a snare basket mount so may be different to SPD.
                        Roland TD-9, Yamaha DD-65, Gibraltar Intruder double pedals, AKG 240 Studio

Comment

Working...
                        X