This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Romano1 View Post

Yes, I thought the same thing, and it worked really well ..... I've had the kit since the 80's

As an admin for the site, could you please go over to the DIY section, I have a post with a little more detail about the project which needs to be approved by an admin..... I am a new member to these forums and my post seems to be held up pending an admin approval.

Cheers
    Romano
    I had to figure out what you were talking about. It was approved yesterday; but due to a vB bug, the post was hidden. I usually catch these and fix them while I'm approving them, but this one seemed to act differently. (it's a node error during approval) They are working on a repair for this. (I've bugged them for months about it) Anyway, it shows now.
    Alan
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | twitter | message
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

• Thanks Alan!!
      TD-9 V2 (VEX'd), Roto-toms (8,10,12,14) on a collar-lock rack with internal DIY triggers, and Drum-tec real feel pro heads
      Triggered Sabian Quite tone cymbals

Comment

• A year since I received this Jobeky shell set (3 toms and kick) and they are doing well gigging every week (I have them in Hardcases). I've changed all lthe heads to Roland MH2 - nothing wrong with the Jobeky supplied ones other than they felt a bit 'thin'. Hardware has lasted OK but some nut box threads have got jammed which Jobeky have said they will replace (waiting)*. I always take the rubber rings off the rims. Triggering is fantastic on the toms and kick with the TD-50. Recently added the SPD-SX just as a MIDI controller triggering sounds in the TD-50 for now - great bit of kit once you understand what it is capable of
        Drumlites in all drums plus Drumlite triggers on all drums - bit of a fiddle and the many cables and XLR connections are a faff, but Drumlite have been really helpful and audiences seem to love it

*(Jobeky have now kindly sent me a load of spare lug boxes and tension rods)

Last edited by willsud; 11-27-18, 04:44 PM.
        TD-50 module, Jobeky Prestige Custom shells, SPD-SX, Paiste Signature Dark Energy cymbals, DW 6000 hardware, Allen & Heath mixer, Fohhn Xperience III PA, Fohhn XT-33 active speaker drum monitor

Comment

• Great looking kits in this thread.
          Last edited by Howstamychi; 04-02-19, 09:57 AM.

Comment

• trying out simmons pads with pearl mimic, even alesis dmpad 16" crash/ride cymbal works good too

Comment

• I've cut back the kit for transport.multi layers snare and trigger coming to layer some more.3 cy8s make for open handed hi hat now.the tm2 allows the mesh pdx pad to be dual zone as well as samples etc.
              Last edited by drummerzuki; 03-09-19, 12:26 PM.
              td6v and tm-2 samples, mesh diy drums with ddrum triggers, pd8 and pd85 .cy8 cymbals. peavey kb300 amplifier. premier double pedal.

Comment

• My office....
                Roland TD-30 & TM-6 Modules | Superior Drummer 3 on PC | Tama Superstar Hyper-Drive Maple A2E w/ R-Drums Triggers | ATV aD Cymbals | Axis Pedals | Tama & Gibraltar HW | Focusrite Clarett 4Pre | Simmons DA200S Monitor | V-MODA Crossfade M-100 OEMs & MEE MX4 PRO IEMs

Comment

• My lovely 17KVX, first kit in 23 years!
                  Roland TDK17KVX + VExpressions Series 3 Kits
                  Mapex H800 Hi-Hat
                  Mapex P800 Single Pedal
                  Mapex Throne

Comment

• Originally posted by willsud View Post
                    A year since I received this Jobeky shell set (3 toms and kick) and they are doing well gigging every week (I have them in Hardcases). I've changed all lthe heads to Roland MH2 - nothing wrong with the Jobeky supplied ones other than they felt a bit 'thin'. Hardware has lasted OK but some nut box threads have got jammed which Jobeky have said they will replace (waiting)*. I always take the rubber rings off the rims. Triggering is fantastic on the toms and kick with the TD-50. Recently added the SPD-SX just as a MIDI controller triggering sounds in the TD-50 for now - great bit of kit once you understand what it is capable of
                    Drumlites in all drums plus Drumlite triggers on all drums - bit of a fiddle and the many cables and XLR connections are a faff, but Drumlite have been really helpful and audiences seem to love it

*(Jobeky have now kindly sent me a load of spare lug boxes and tension rods)

Trigger pads a lot!

Comment

• Updated mine to include my Buddy Rich photos and the original Cymbal I always owned from 25 years ago which is now wall art.
                      Roland TDK17KVX + VExpressions Series 3 Kits
                      Mapex H800 Hi-Hat
                      Mapex P800 Single Pedal
                      Mapex Throne

Comment

• Ha Iíve got a paiste cymbal from 37 years ago I still use
                        Roland TD30 module on TD20 kit SD3 with various kits. Pearl Masters Kit, Yamaha 9000RC original natural wood finish. Cymbals from Zildgian Pasite and Sabian. Loads of percussion bits. Cubase and Wavelab always current versions.

Comment

• uZd8eyb.jpg

pretty **** compared to most of you guys' kits, but this is mine
                          Attached Files
                          Roland TD-6v, PD-85 rack toms, PD-105BK floor tom, Mapex snare with ISM-6, PDP MX 22" kick with ISM, iron cobra 900 double pedal, 2x hart e-cymbals, CY-5 as splash, CY-8, PCY-130, CY-12R, an L80 hi-hat with cheap-o trigger with goedrum hi hat controller. EZdrummer2+EZX/Addictive Drums 2 VSTs.

Comment

• AC54D9AA-92FC-4A80-80DC-53AF3BBEDEFC.jpeg9D9996C9-2283-4919-BD5C-0A56E15C1FB2.jpeg Roland td-50kv with dw5000 high hat stand and dw5000 double pedal.

Comment

• Originally posted by winterson View Post
                              uZd8eyb.jpg

pretty **** compared to most of you guys' kits, but this is mine
                              Not **** at all - are the pads supported off cymbal stands? It all looks very neat and compact.
                              TD-50 module, Jobeky Prestige Custom shells, SPD-SX, Paiste Signature Dark Energy cymbals, DW 6000 hardware, Allen & Heath mixer, Fohhn Xperience III PA, Fohhn XT-33 active speaker drum monitor

Comment

• pretty much, i didn't like the rack the 6v came with, i kept swapping back and forth between using the rack and using a setup like this and finally just said screw it and sold the rack.

the snare is on a snare stand, the rack toms are on some extra tom mounts mounted off the cymbal stands i had bought for my mapex acoustic kit so that i could offset the rack toms towards the hi hat instead of using the bass drum mount (i'm leftie on a rightie setup), the floor tom is just a gibraltar cymbal grabber with one of the L bars off the rack, and then i pointed the feet on the KD-85 upwards and used another 2 cymbal grabbers to secure it to the base of my cymbal stands (stole this idea off someone else in this thread, really cuts down on it moving.

hoping to upgrade a few of the cymbals, definitely module, and maybe the kick at some point. no complaints at all about the pads and love my L80 hi hat so much more than that original CY-5 (now using as a cymbal).
                                Roland TD-6v, PD-85 rack toms, PD-105BK floor tom, Mapex snare with ISM-6, PDP MX 22" kick with ISM, iron cobra 900 double pedal, 2x hart e-cymbals, CY-5 as splash, CY-8, PCY-130, CY-12R, an L80 hi-hat with cheap-o trigger with goedrum hi hat controller. EZdrummer2+EZX/Addictive Drums 2 VSTs.

Comment

Working...
                                X