My Gassed Out TD-9KX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Gassed Out TD-9KX

Thought I would post a few pics of my kit. Nothing to extreme but I really like it. The KD-120 is just great.
    Attached Files
    My Gased Out TD9SX

sigpic

More pics at http://vdrums.com/forum/album.php?albumid=115

Looking good
    Did you use splitters to get that many imputs?

Comment

Thanks and yes I split 2 Toms to add the 2 extra cymbals.
      My Gased Out TD9SX

sigpic

Comment

cool. really nice set-up, think my next purchase will be KD-120..

Videos

The Dust Revival Band

Spinifex Rose

Kristy Lewis and the Wretched

Wayfaring Strangers

Comment

Thanks! Yeah I recommend the KD-120. I was happy w/ the KD-8 and didn't really expect that moving to the 120 would make such a difference but I really like the feel/action of the mesh vs. the rubber. No issues w/ volume or bouncing either. Just feels right!

Originally posted by tisgnitch View Post
          cool. really nice set-up, think my next purchase will be KD-120..
          My Gased Out TD9SX

sigpic

Comment

I see no evidence of GAS. It looks like a perfectly decent set up to me. Also, is there really a need for more inputs? I mean, just daisy chain some SPDS pads and you can have all the triggers you can possibly want. No need for more inputs.
            Music is not my passion, it's my obsession...
            www.oblyvion.com
            Facebook:[Scych]
            You Tube Scychful
            Twitter:@Raakinn

Comment

Congrats from another TD-9er with a KD-120. I love it too.
              Just a note...if you ever want to get the KD-120 under the crossbar, just switch it's placement with the snare mount. See my photos in my signature for reference. But you'll have to take apart all the rack tubes ENTIRELY to make the switch.

I like that you used a PD-105 as a floor tom. I'm torn with my next upgrade....it's either the VH-11, or getting a PD-125 for a snare and moving the PD-105 exactly where you have yours.

Comment

Funny thing! I had come across pics of your kit and that's when I decided I wanted the kd-120 and I do like the way you moved the bar up. I may have to do that but not really liking the idea of having break down the rack but oh well.

As for the upgrade...I would do the pd-125 vs the vh-11 and move your pd-105. I've heard many say that the cy-5 is a more responsive feeling hat. I was at my local guitar center and there was a pretty solid drummer trying out a kit for a student to buy (Roland) and he tested the vh-11,12 & cy-5 and recommended the guy go w/ the cy-5. He just said it played better and more like a real hh.

Originally posted by Colquhoun View Post
                Just a note...if you ever want to get the KD-120 under the crossbar, just switch it's placement with the snare mount. See my photos in my signature for reference. But you'll have to take apart all the rack tubes ENTIRELY to make the switch.

I like that you used a PD-105 as a floor tom. I'm torn with my next upgrade....it's either the VH-11, or getting a PD-125 for a snare and moving the PD-105 exactly where you have yours.
                My Gased Out TD9SX

sigpic

Comment

Something else I came across regarding the vh-11/12. As you know they use a hh stand and some have complained about fitment in the td-9 with a double bass pedal setup like you have. From looking at your pics from above imagine the hat stand where you have your kd-7 now. As you will see it will hit the td-9 brain so you would have to move pedals to the righ and your second bass pedal would be under the snare so you should think of how you'll arrange things. Of course there are those articulated hat stands as an option too.

My Gased Out TD9SX

sigpic

Comment

Actually, I switched around my module and the hi-hat a few months after that photo was taken. I now have the hi-hat way to the left on the rack, with the module to the right of it. I've got one drum cover on youtube with the setup here.
                    It's better because now there's more room for my hands, and I use Vic Firth AJ2 sticks which are really long.

I figured if I were to get the VH-11 I would be getting one of those remote hi-hat stands as well...just to make it even MORE expensive.

Comment

Actually, I switched around my module and the hi-hat a few months after that photo was taken. I now have the hi-hat way to the left on the rack, with the module to the right of it. I've got one drum cover on youtube with the setup here.
                      It's better because now there's more room for my hands, and I use Vic Firth AJ2 sticks which are really long.

I figured if I were to get the VH-11 I would be getting one of those remote hi-hat stands as well...just to make it even MORE expensive.
                      after looking at your video (nice work...) i'd be moving the module elsewhere and having the HH further forward - but that's just me
                      could you affix the module to an extra piece of tubing positioned left of the VH-11, say, coming off the main rack? i was thinking of talking my old man into extending the rack on the left with some tubing to accommodate a VH-11 and the module (he's a welder - albeit retired..)

Videos

The Dust Revival Band

Spinifex Rose

Kristy Lewis and the Wretched

Wayfaring Strangers

Comment

I kicked on a KD-8 for a very long time and i always loved the feel of that damn rubber thing, but after i moved to the KD-120 i banged my head for missing a lot of fun all the time. The KD-120 was one of the best "investments" i ever did in the kit.
                        TD-20 brain, TDW-20 expanded! MDS-20BK, 3x PD125, 2x PD105, 3x CY-14C, CY-15R, CY-12R/C, Hart ECII-10B, VH-11, KD-120, Tama IronCobra Rolling Glides and pearl hardware.
                        Loving it every second..

Comment

What Started as a TD9SX is Now...

Back in December I started out w/ a sweet TD9SX. Now that kit has grown a bit (checkout the pics) and here's where I'm at. Happy w/ this setup. Changes:

1. Added a PD125 as a snare - love it
                          2. Added 2 CY14c
                          3. Using CY12r/c as a 3rd crash/china
                          4. Added 1 CY15r
                          5. Bought extra PD105 and now have 2 of them as 3rd & 4th Tom
                          6. Added a KD120 (Great move!)
                          7. Added the VH11 w/ Iron Cobra Lever Glide HH stand (probably one of the best updgrades)
                          8. Using CY5 as splash
                          9. Added the 2 VEX kits for TD9 (Wow)
                          10. Bought a Simmons amp

To accomplish this I'm splitting 2 Toms (3rd & 4th) and of course using the Aux & 2nd Crash port on the TD9. Like I said, I love this kit!
                          Attached Files
                          My Gased Out TD9SX

sigpic

Comment

Wow, very nice indeed. And it reflects the title of this thread well: GAS'd out!

Now you have 10" toms, how do you find the PD-85 toms as compared to the PD-105 toms? Is 8" adequate for tom1 and tom2?
                            My compact kit.

Comment

Netsurfr,

Nice kit. I have a TD9sx as well. Maybe there will be a TV show called pimp my kit so I can get all the upgrades.

How is the rack with the bigger snare and added weight? Think you will go with a separate snare stand for future GAS? Also, just curious, how does the TD9 sound with the Simmons amp?

Comment

Working...
                              X