Chrome V-Drums!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chrome V-Drums!

Well, originally started out as a TD-10 with Pintech heads, has ended up as a full td-20 kit wrapped in Chrome(could not look at the red fade any longer). Traded my Smartriggers for some Rolands (Thanks Drumaphonic), and added some other pieces here and there over many years!
    Attached Files
    "Mankind requires 4 elements to survive on this planet...
    Air, Water, Fire and Sportscar" -Bill Frank
    And V-drums!

very nice indeed

Comment

DUDE..............WOW.......... that looks kick ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!where did you have that done at???

Comment

Beautiful!

Comment

Originally posted by 4mudski View Post
          DUDE..............WOW.......... that looks kick ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!where did you have that done at???
          Thanks, I did it myself, I got the wrap from jammin Sams( http://www.jamminsam.com/mirror_chrome.htm), also bought 4 gibraltar mounts to replace those ugly back Roland ones, It took me the long w/e to get them apart, fill old mount holes, drill new ones and then wrap them and reassemble. I have 5 Roland mounts(the aforementioned ugly ones!) available if anyone wants them. The total cost was under 200 for the wrap and new hardware mounts.
          And V-drums!

Comment

I had a 7 piece chrome Slingerland kit in the '80's, I think I spent more time cleaning them than playing them. They do look good though.
            Drumkat Turbo 4.5, Emulator X3, Superior 2.1, Roland Fantom XR, DTXtreme III, SPD-20 etc.......

Comment

Very sexy.
              sigpic

Comment

Now THOSE look like drums! Very cool looking kit bro!

E
                - your source for electronic cigs. Use coupon code "" for 10% off every order!!!

Comment

Very nice...
                  My Kit
                  http://www.vdrums.com/forum/attachme...2&d=1257067362

Comment

nice...very nice...and shiny!
                    TD9+6v with Diamond Electronic pads, and cowbell.
                    ATH-50m headphones, VEX packs
                    not to mention keyboards, guitars, basses, and cats

Comment

Cooool looking kit, very nice.

Comment

Well done! And good choice on kicking the Smarts to the curb.
                        TD-12; TD-6V; FD-8; Hart Pro Toms, Snare, Bass; ECII hihat, crashes, splash & ride; Smartrigger crashes & china; Hart Hammer Pad; Pintech Dingbat; Iron Cobra double-bass.

"I never play the same thing twice...sometimes because I simply can't remember it." - John Paul Jones

Comment

Originally posted by Fullback32 View Post
                          Well done! And good choice on kicking the Smarts to the curb.
                          I don't know about the smarts, they always triggered flawlessly, played well, but they were too noisy, and I did have the damping material fall off(which I did have repaired and they were fine after that), but the real reason was, I went to the vh-11 HH, when I got the td-20 module, I found that the chewed up ends of my sticks was getting a little abusive to my Roland cymbals. Plus I wanted a 3-zone ride, the obvious choice being the cy-15. So the smarts and the Hart ride had to go.
                          And V-drums!

Comment

Sweet! Nice job man. They are looking almost as good as my Harts! I love chrome drums and have had them since 83 when I bought my old Ludwig A's. They are chrome wrapped over wood and I had to really look around to find them at that time.
                            I will post some pics of my kit just for fun soon ii

The main reason I bought my Harts was because they were solid chrome.

Great conversion man. If Roland offered those I may have been more tempted ii
                            Last edited by paladin; 01-21-09, 11:01 AM.

Comment

Must agree with everyone else here. Those chrome wraps look way cool
                              Nice work

Comment

Working...
                              X