Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Simmons Drumset

Hello all,

Here some pictures of my Simmons SDS9 pads set with (cheap) acoustic cymbals and some of my big collection of old Edrum modules (Simmons,Dynacord,Ddrum,Tama,Pearl....)
    Sorry,my only Roland stuffs are two triangular pads (from the DDR30 system) and one TR707 drummachine.
    More picture of my Edrum stuffs if you want
    See you soon,
    Thierry EPPHERRE from FRANCE.
    Attached Files

Wow I had a white one of those. My wrists still hurt! LOL. Nice ddrum stuff, do they respond ok with the simmons pads?
    Cheers
    Paul

Comment

I love it!!! More, More, More!!!!!!
      Roland Td-11KV, Alesis SamplePad, DW5000 pedal, Vater 7A sticks.

Comment

ddumAT was/is a great unit !!!

Comment

wow! i just mentioned simmons drums in another thread, didn't think anyone still had them....would love to hear them....post more pics please!

Videos

The Dust Revival Band

Spinifex Rose

Kristy Lewis and the Wretched

Wayfaring Strangers

Comment

WOW, now that's a blast from the past!!! Oh no! Oh no! Oh no! I AM OLD!!! Very nice kit!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ThierryEPPHERRE View Post
              Hello all,

Here some pictures of my Simmons SDS9 pads set with (cheap) acoustic cymbals and some of my big collection of old Edrum modules (Simmons,Dynacord,Ddrum,Tama,Pearl....)
              Sorry,my only Roland stuffs are two triangular pads (from the DDR30 system) and one TR707 drummachine.
              See you soon,
              Salut!
              Ton batterie est magnifique!
              J'aime bien les batteries de Simmons et la rouge est trés cool!

... enough of that french stuff ;-)
              Why do you use acoustic cymbals?

Comment

Hello all,
                Yes I have a lot of old Edrum....(Thank Ebay....)
                In 1985 I was young (14 years old) and the first drummer I saw was playing a SIMMONS SDS8 5 channels analog drum...It was a big revelation for me!
                I wanted to have my Edrum but of course could'nt afford....
                I was also interested by electronic (still is!) and started to build small analog percussive synth....24 years later (I am old!) I am always designing my own drum generators (analog or sample based...) but now I have a lot of these drum brains I was dreaming when I was young.
                I like to open these ,drawn their schematics to learn how they are made,to take ideas from here,from there.... I know,I am crasy!
                I am really more competent on designing Edrum modules than on playing drums
                (I can just play simple Rock patterns.....but not very well).
                I will,if you want,list my stuffs with pictures,sounds.....

Yes,the Ddrum brains work very well with Simmons SDS9 pads.....
                Ddrum are really very good and very well made,also for Dynacord....(Simmons are not so good in term of mecanical building...)
                But I also have Ddrum cast precision pads,Tama Techstar pads and Pearl DRX1 pads.....
                I like a lot the look of the Simmons and the Tama pads.

Here a picture of my set with an acoustic snare with mesh head and Ddrum pro trigger,the Tama Techstar bass pad,two Roland pads (for the toms) and my two DIY cymbals (wood and rubber).

See you soon all
                Thierry EPPHERRE
                Attached Files
                Last edited by ThierryEPPHERRE; 01-12-09, 04:03 PM.

Comment

man, you've got some awesome stuff....wood/rubber cymbals? now i've seen everything.

but stop with the 'old' bit...we're the same age, and i'm not old yet!

Videos

The Dust Revival Band

Spinifex Rose

Kristy Lewis and the Wretched

Wayfaring Strangers

Comment

The Ddrum stuff is waaaay cool.
                    Drumkat Turbo 4.5, Emulator X3, Superior 2.1, Roland Fantom XR, DTXtreme III, SPD-20 etc.......

Comment

I had SDS-7, 8, 9, 400 and some percussion unit back in the day. Man switching those eprom boards used to be noisy we have come a long way brings back memories
                      Tama Arstar TM6 Pro 2X PD85's

Comment

Do you know if the Simmons SDS9 pads are compatible with the ddrum 4 model brains?

Thanks for the pictures. They look great. I am also a fan of the Simmons SDS9 pads after seeing them used throughout the 80's. I want to add a few to my current acoustic kit and would like confirmation that the pads will work with ddrum 4 brains? Can you confirm?

Ken Holley
                        Peachtree City, GA

Originally posted by ThierryEPPHERRE View Post
                        Hello all,

See you soon,

Comment

When I read the thread title I was thinking "no, not another fake guitar center simmons kit" ... very nice collection you got there, I'm kind of jealous, my first eKit was a red SDS8... those red Simmons pads look magnificent.. now that's what an electronic drum should look like!

Comment

Originally posted by TriggerThis View Post
                            When I read the thread title I was thinking "no, not another fake guitar center simmons kit" ... very nice collection you got there, I'm kind of jealous, my first eKit was a red SDS8... those red Simmons pads look magnificent.. now that's what an electronic drum should look like!
                            You do realize this is a 2007 resurrection right?
                            8 piece DIY Acrylic, 2x2Box DrumIt5, Gen16 4xDCP, DIY Acrylic&Gen16 Conversions, Sleishman Twin-QuadSteele hybrid, Gibraltar&DrumFrame rack, DW9502LB, Midi Knights Pro Lighting
                            http://www.airbrushartists.org/DreamscapeAirbrushRealm

Comment

Originally posted by fulrmr(Daniel) View Post
                              You do realize this is a 2007 resurrection right?
                              Well we even have a new member who made their first post here. Welcome ptc_drummer! Post something in the Foyer and let's see some pics.

K ;-)
                              My bands: Alter Ego, Arcanum
                              E Kit = Roland TDW-20s kit // Roland SPD-S// Pearl Demon Drives//
                              A Kit = Tama Swingstar 5 pc (1981) w/roto toms (orig owner!) //Zildjians
                              A Kit = Natal 6 pc with Paiste 2000 & Zildjian/MidiKNights/DrumSplitters

Comment

Working...
                              X