My drumset after christmas upgrades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My drumset after christmas upgrades

For those of you that saw my previous pictures...i did a few upgrades since christmas, nothing big to my Pintech set..i added a 10" pintech dual zone concertcast for my snare...and i put the Pintech SilenTrim around my rims to get rid of the rim clicks, plus it looks better i think after the SilenTrim ....

Right now i have
    -3 CC101ST-EZ 10" Single Zone Pads
    -1 CC102ST-EZ, 10" Dual Zone Snare Pad
    -1 Visulite 1602 16" Dual Zone Chokable Crash
    -1 Visulite 1800RB 18" Ride with Bell
    -1 Visulite 1300HHC RYC Hi-Hat Pair with Controller
    -2 Aquarian cymbal springs
    -Pintech Egig 8" Upright Mesh Kick Drum with Bass Head Saver
    -Roland TD-6V
    -DW Double bass pedal

My next upgrade will be my drum rack...i need a better one. The one i have is not a bad rack but id like it to be a little sturdier. I will probably buy a Gibraltor Rack that is what i had on my acoustic kit...Any suggestions on a decent drum rack around $250?
    I appreciate any comments on my drum kit and on a new rack
    Attached Files
    Last edited by drumman8524; 01-10-09, 07:40 PM.

WOW !!!!! Awesome kit my friend !!!!! Love the look of the cymbals !!! Cool !!!!!
    Eric G: Pearl,Paiste,Remo,Vic Firth,Gibraltar,Roc-n-Soc,Roland TD-6V, Lots of Vex and mesh all around.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Pearl View Post
      WOW !!!!! Awesome kit my friend !!!!! Love the look of the cymbals !!! Cool !!!!!
      Thanks a lot im glad you like it....everybody always likes the cymbals...That's my favorite part of my kit as well

Comment

Very cool looking Pintech Kit ! I've had a few different configurations of Pintech over the years and the CC pads always seemed to work really well . I'm digging those cymbals too , they top off that kit nicely .

As far as drum racks go there's a few choices out there . I have always had very good experience with Gibraltar personally . Although some have said that they have had problems with rack clamps creeping or slipping I really have never had a problem with that , and I have mounted all the way up to 16" acoustic floor tom with them . Obviously with an acoustic drum of that weight I had a memory lock installed too .

I have also heard some pretty good things about DW's PDP rack systems . It's basically set up like a Gibraltar rack system although the clamps are a little different looking .

Did you buy your Pintech gear through a dealer ? I ask this because being an authorized dealer myself I know that Pintech has a program in place for dealers to be able to offer a trade in deal to upgrade their drum rack to a steel Gibraltar rack system at a discounted price . If you bought through a dealer you may want to ask them about this being that you're planning to upgrade from your current rack system if it's a Pintech one .

Also I know Brain of Hope drums is a member on here , so you could also contact him about this as well and see what might be available as a Pintech kit owner .

sam(otacon28)
        Currently endorsed by Blastech (acoustic/electronic) drums ," Blaster " drum triggers , & " Ballistech II " drumheads. Also sponsored by Drum Star Wear , Xtreme Drummer , & Music Star Wear musician apparel .

Hear my music at :

http://o28music.bandcamp.com/
        http://www.reverbnation.com/o28

Comment

No i actually bought this off of craigslist basically brand new like 1 month old..i know you can buy a transferable warranty, but i didnt have the visulites or as many drums....i forgot i could do that actually..i did that with my TC Cymbals to get my visulites that i have...glad you reminded me thanks..It's also funny that you say that as well, because im actually an authorized dealer as well, but i had bought this kit before i was a dealer........i didn't realize gibraltor made their higher end racks for them . But racks are not a big seller like the cymbals and lower end kits are...that's why i didn't realize it...glad you told me that...ill prob talk to lorrie
          Last edited by drumman8524; 01-11-09, 12:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by drumman8524 View Post
            No i actually bought this off of craigslist basically brand new like 1 month old..i know you can buy a transferable warranty, but i didnt have the visulites or as many drums....i forgot i could do that actually..i did that with my TC Cymbals to get my visulites that i have...glad you reminded me thanks..It's also funny that you say that as well, because im actually an authorized dealer as well, but i had bought this kit before i was a dealer........i didn't realize gibraltor made their higher end racks for them . But racks are not a big seller like the cymbals and lower end kits are...that's why i didn't realize it...glad you told me that...ill prob talk to lorrie

Cool ,

Yeah their retro upgrade program is a pretty cool concept . Definately give Lorrie a shout , she's the one that clued me in on these things when I set up a dealer account with them last year .

She's probably extremely busy right now with NAMM and then I know she's pretty busy right when they get back too . She's pretty much always busy throughout the year , but she will get back in touch so give her a shout .

sam(otacon28)
            Currently endorsed by Blastech (acoustic/electronic) drums ," Blaster " drum triggers , & " Ballistech II " drumheads. Also sponsored by Drum Star Wear , Xtreme Drummer , & Music Star Wear musician apparel .

Hear my music at :

http://o28music.bandcamp.com/
            http://www.reverbnation.com/o28

Comment

Originally posted by otacon28 View Post
              Cool ,

Yeah their retro upgrade program is a pretty cool concept . Definately give Lorrie a shout , she's the one that clued me in on these things when I set up a dealer account with them last year .

She's probably extremely busy right now with NAMM and then I know she's pretty busy right when they get back too . She's pretty much always busy throughout the year , but she will get back in touch so give her a shout .

sam(otacon28)
              Yes she is busy i talked to her the other day she said she was getting ready for NAMM as you said...yeah i usually have no problem getting a hold of her, but she usually is busy...

Comment

Working...
              X