My Simple Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Simple Kit

Updated pics of my first ever drum kit. I just wanted it to be simple and have just the right pieces I need for my taste of playing.

God has blessed me so much. I've been praying for a kit of my own for years now and my prayers have been answered. God is so good

Roland TD 20 Module

Pads
    Roland PD 125 BK
    Roland PD 105 BK
    Roland PD 85 BK

Cymbals
    Roland VH 12 Hi Hat
    Roland CY 15R Ride
    Hart Dynamics Ecymbal 9"
    Kit Toys Cymbal 7" Splash

Aux Perc
    Hart Dynamics Hammer

Yes indeed ..Is that chrome or zinc coated..looks awesome
    Nothing of importance here

Comment

Very cool little setup!
      Alan
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | message | recommendations

Comment

Originally posted by Sook View Post
        Yes indeed ..Is that chrome or zinc coated..looks awesome
        It is chrome. Thank you.. Godbless

Comment

Cool set-up . I like how you worked the Hart Hammer into it too . Looks like just the right amount of tools to still be a very versatile kit .

Congrads on your first E-kit too

sam(otacon28)
          Currently endorsed by Blastech (acoustic/electronic) drums ," Blaster " drum triggers , & " Ballistech II " drumheads. Also sponsored by Drum Star Wear , Xtreme Drummer , & Music Star Wear musician apparel .

Hear my music at :

http://o28music.bandcamp.com/
          http://www.reverbnation.com/o28

Comment

Yep she's a purdy lil' thing. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Interesting configuration! Nice kit.

HEY what is that triangular-shaped wedge between the ride and the snare??? Is that a cowbell? Who makes that and where could I buy one (theoretically--when GAS strikes again).
              Roland: TD12, KD85, PD105, PD85 x3, CY15R, CY14C, CY12R/C x2, CY5, VH11
              DW: 5002-TD3 Kick Pedals, 9120AL throne + backrest
              Yamaha: HS1100 HH Stand
              Audio Technica: ATH-M40fs Cans
              Jeroen: Custom Electric Cowbell
              Kentley: Custom Piezo Trigger Splitter x2
              ByteArts: VEX TD-20 Kits: Top 50 1&2, Gigging Kits, Exotics 1, Professor's Pack
              Vdrumlib: Drum Librarian

Comment

Originally posted by Mutnat View Post

HEY what is that triangular-shaped wedge between the ride and the snare??? Is that a cowbell? Who makes that and where could I buy one (theoretically--when GAS strikes again).
                Those are called Hart Hammers and are made by Hart Dynamics . I just bought a set of 5 of them for one my latest G.A.S. attacks . You can buy them new from Hart or sometimes they turn up on ebay .

sam(otacon28)
                Currently endorsed by Blastech (acoustic/electronic) drums ," Blaster " drum triggers , & " Ballistech II " drumheads. Also sponsored by Drum Star Wear , Xtreme Drummer , & Music Star Wear musician apparel .

Hear my music at :

http://o28music.bandcamp.com/
                http://www.reverbnation.com/o28

Comment

looks like otacon answered you already. Yes i do use it as a cowbell (because it is sorta shaped like one) but use it for whatever percussion instrument you want. Oh and if you want to buy them you can get them from RMC Audio too. Cheap prices and good service. Godbless

Comment

Thanks for the info, guys. How's the stick noise when hitting that sucker? Are they single zone or dual?

On a related note (sorry to thread jack!)--are there any other good alternatives (no DIY--I'm not handy at all) that more closely resemble cowbells?

Comment

Thanks for the info, guys. How's the stick noise when hitting that sucker? Are they single zone or dual?

On a related note (sorry to thread jack!)--are there any other good alternatives (no DIY--I'm not handy at all) that more closely resemble cowbells?
                      For stick noise, I would say its as quiet as rubber pads can get. It'll be louder hitting the rubber rim of a roland pad. These are single zone pads. If you want cowbells I think this is the closest one made to look like one... atleast as far as I've seen. Hope that helped. Godbless.

Comment

Interesting. Two of those hooked up using a splitter to AUX2 is pretty tempting... hmmm.

Comment

Fantastic kit! - Play them like the gift they are
                          TD-20 (non expanded), acoustic look DIY a to e conversion - some cake pan/ some crossbar method. DIY cymbals, VH-12 :-)
                          Psalm 150
                          had the best times with this band https://www.facebook.com/SaintHooliganMusic
                          YouTube video postings: https://www.youtube.com/user/racer52online/videos
                          Vdrums Photo Albums: http://www.vdrums.com/member/26923-racer52/media

Comment

Very interesting set-up. Set ups like this make you think differently and get back to the groove. When I was still gigging a lot (previous life I played 2 years without any toms, just to get back to the groove. It was great (our technician loved it too

Nice one man.

Comment

Interesting how the kit is all flat and horizontal setup. Is it because you're using traditional grip or doesn't it have anything to do with that?
                              Second, i'm interested in how you mounted your TD-20 on the rack. What mechanism are you using there?

Great kit. Would love to play on it
                              TD-20 brain, TDW-20 expanded! MDS-20BK, 3x PD125, 2x PD105, 3x CY-14C, CY-15R, CY-12R/C, Hart ECII-10B, VH-11, KD-120, Tama IronCobra Rolling Glides and pearl hardware.
                              Loving it every second..

Comment

Working...
                              X