Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Squonks upgraded TD-9 (All Mesh + VH-11)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squonks upgraded TD-9 (All Mesh + VH-11)

PERSONAL

Hi there

My name is Niklas, I'm 25 years old, drumming for almost 9 years now, and come from a small place nearby Frankfurt in Germany. I am studying Social Policy/Welfare Studies on a Master's level in Bremen, Germany. Apart from drumming and studying, I spend much time with friends, play handball, travel and attend concerts.
    My main set is based on a TD-9KX and is placed at my parents' house of my student's flat, and since August 2012 I have another kit, a TD-6KS, that is at my study place.

DRUMS

TD-9
    This is how I bought my TD-9KX kit in early 2008:

April 2008.JPG

... and this is how it looks like today:

TD-9
    Module: TD-9 (+ Version 2.0)
    Snare: PD-125
    Toms: PD-85, PD-105 (2x), PD-125 (2x)
    Kick: KD-120
    HiHat: VH-11
    Ride: CY-15R
    Crashes: CY-12C (2x)
    China: CY-12R/C
    Hardware: MDS-9 rack with a couple of cheap cymbal arms and a cheap snare stand plus a Premier cymbal stand, an old DW 5000 HiHat maschine, a new DW4000 single foot pedal, 2 Sennheiser headphones on a little Behringer amp and a PM-10.

fetch?id=1150388&d=1487354188.jpg

In August 2012 I could get a TD-6 kit on ebay for a very good prize.
    I put it on my Roland carpet, added one of my PD-85s and bought a new headphone and everything else came along with it (even the stool).
    In January 2017, I replaced the TD-6V brain by a TD-4 in order to use the TD-6V as a brain for the TD-9.

TD-6
    Module: TD-6V
    Snare: PD-105
    Toms: PD-85 (3x)
    Kick: KD-8
    HiHat: VH-11
    Ride: CY-12R/C
    Crash: CY-12R/C
    Hardware: Tama (?) rack with a Tama cymbal arms, a Tama HiHat maschine, a Yamaha double bass pedal and Sennheiser headphones.

fetch?id=1150389&d=1487354197.jpg

Furthermore I have an Evans Practice pad...somewhere.

Music
    My favorite band for ever and ever is Genesis and Phil Collins is my favorite drummer. Apart from Genesis-related music (Phil Collins, Peter Gabriel, Steve Hackett, Brand X), I love Elton John and German artist Herbert Grönemeyer and try to seem them live as often as possible. The same holds true for U2, Eric Clapton and Sting. Apart from that, I love the Beatles and like other progressive rock legends like Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Yes or King Crimson. Recently, I also got into Billy Joel, Bruce Springsteen and Adele...

Cheers!
    Niklas (updated in January 2017)
    Attached Files
    Last edited by TheSquonk; 02-17-17, 12:53 PM. Reason: Update (01/2017)

nice looking kit...makes me want to get more for my td-9...sigh...
    TD9+6v with Diamond Electronic pads, and cowbell.
    ATH-50m headphones, VEX packs
    not to mention keyboards, guitars, basses, and cats

Comment

Nice looking kit. Very much the pit band set up (soooo much fun that way as everything is close to you)

I fully approve of the picture, and your name!

Bleib Trommeln!

Comment

Originally posted by tomrbland View Post
        Nice looking kit. Very much the pit band set up (soooo much fun that way as everything is close to you)

I fully approve of the picture, and your name!

Bleib Trommeln!
        ;-)
        But my current Setup is very different from the one you see on the picture.
        The standing toms are much lower now, I swapped the two Crash cymbals and of course the new bassdrum...
        And the Rack is placed very compact now, too - with the two arms closer together.
        It's much more fun with short ways from the Toms to the Cymbals and from HiHat to Snare...

Comment

Very nice kit, bet it looks even better now with the changes you mention
          My UPDATED TD9-KX - http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g5...0/P2240044.jpg

Comment

Nice,clean and solid.What hiht stand are u using ?
            Ex E-kits:
            ''Lernean Hydra'' ( a bounche of roland pads with a td-6 module)
            ''Lucy'' (Diamond electronic drums with a td-12 module)
            current E-kit
            ''Cherry Gretschy Lady'' (Gretsch Catalina Ash 6 piece A to E kit-Roland td20 module-A to E cymbals)

A-kit
            " Mrs.Catalina'' (Gretsch Catalina maple 6 piece kit-Paiste signature+Masterwork custom made cymbals)

check out a few videos http://www.youtube.com/user/hampisdrums

Comment

Originally posted by hampis View Post
              Nice,clean and solid.What hiht stand are u using ?
              Hi and thank you
              It's a TAMA HiHat stand which looks like as if it would be similiar to the ones Roland use in their V-Drums Catalogue - I'm not sure but I guess it's a "Tama HH-35" or something like that, not very expensive, but it works great.
              (I'm not sure how many missstakes I've got in these tricky sentences above... Sorry for my english, I'm only 16 )

Greetings from germany,

Squonk

Comment

Sweet kit !! I also use those Logitech Z-2300 speakers on my Mac G5.
                Eric G: Pearl,Paiste,Remo,Vic Firth,Gibraltar,Roc-n-Soc,Roland TD-6V, Lots of Vex and mesh all around.

Comment

Nice kit young man. I'm surprised to see someone your age listening to Genesis and Yes. Collins and Bruford - Seconds Out, The Cinema Show. Fine playing... That tune taught me how to feel a 7/8 pattern.
                  "to get your playing more forceful, hit the drums harder" - keith moon

Comment

Originally posted by kauaiplayer View Post
                    Nice kit young man. I'm surprised to see someone your age listening to Genesis and Yes. Collins and Bruford - Seconds Out, The Cinema Show. Fine playing... That tune taught me how to feel a 7/8 pattern.
                    I don't like the Way Bruford played that old Genesis Stuff (I got some concerts of the 76 "Trick of the Tail" - Tour as mp3's), but the Battle in "Cinema Show" is fantastic...
                    Still one of the best Bands in the World, I could see them in 2007 and it was incredible! (Okay, I already knew the Setlist and each and every Song, but I still had goose bumps for hours ;-) )

... but I'm far away from playing things like Cinema Show

Comment

Deine Trommeln sind sehr nett. Haben Sie Spaß.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Render View Post
                        Deine Trommeln sind sehr nett. Haben Sie Spaß.
                        Vielen Dank
                        BTW:
                        Why do you speak german?
                        I thought that it's a boring language to learn...

Comment

Originally posted by TheSquonk View Post
                          Vielen Dank
                          BTW:
                          Why do you speak german?
                          I thought that it's a boring language to learn...
                          Warum? Fragge nicht!
                          Es ist die einzige Sprache Ich erlernt im der Schule. Meine Deutsch ist sehr schlecht.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Render View Post
                            Warum? Fragge nicht!
                            Es ist die einzige Sprache Ich erlernt im der Schule. Meine Deutsch ist sehr schlecht.
                            It's alright because I can understand it ;-)
                            I did learn English, French and Spanish...
                            Sadly most of the other european students are not interested in learning german...
                            But this Forum is great - You can meet people from every little part in the world and improve your english & drumming

Comment

Ich spreche etwas Deutsch! ...but I don't know what Nice Kit! is

Comment

Working...
                              X