Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Green Monster

First, to give you a glimpse of what I have to load and unload for gigs:

Next is the rack setup. I had to stitch a few pix together since I somehow lost my wide-angle lens for my camera; I still have no idea where that disappeared to!

And as promised to pchanning, here is the complete kit:

And the pedal layout:

Hopefully this Spring when the weather breaks I can set up outside to get some better pix. Alot of the detail is lost when taking pictures inside with a flash. If there is a view of the kit that you would like to see, ask and I'll snap another picture.

This kit has been an on-going project for close to 15 years. The only piece that I have left to add is a SPD-S sampler that will take the place of the Temple Blocks on the left of my kit.

Some further details:

Acoustics:
    Tama Artstar Custom drums
    Tom sizes: 10, 12, 13, 14, 16"
    Bass drums: two 22 x 16"
    Snare: Tama Starclassic 5.5 x 14"

Electric:
    Roland TD6V module
    One Pintech Nimrod, one Dingbat and two K3 Ergokiks
    Six 10" Custom V-drums
    One 14" Custom V-drum

Cymbals:
    A lot of Zildjian cymbals

Total kit weight: 335 lbs
    Approximate time to set-up/teardown: 70 minutes

Thanks for looking!

That rack by itself looks like some sort of torture device.

Good looking kit.
    -Coop

Roland TDW-20 Module VEX'd, Boss FS-6, two DW 9900 holding four Pintech Concertcast toms, Hart Dynamics Pro Snare on DW 9300, Hart Dynamics ECymbal II HiHat on EPedal II, Hart 14" Crash, 12"crash, 14"China, 16"ride on 4X DW 9700 , Pintech DingBat, Roland KD-120, Tama Iron Cobra doubles, Pork Pie Big Boy Throne (Camo).

Comment

Originally posted by labenske View Post
      That rack by itself looks like some sort of torture device.

Good looking kit.
      It is, according to the rest of my band! It's torture for them to watch me assemble it.

Comment

Beautiful kit. I'd like to see an overhead shot if possible.
        Roland Td-11KV, Alesis SamplePad, DW5000 pedal, Vater 7A sticks.

Comment

Originally posted by PumaPhreak View Post
          Beautiful kit. I'd like to see an overhead shot if possible.
          Definitely on my short list of shots to take when I can drag everything outside. Our next gig is in late February and if the weather is even just OK, I'll try to get a shot. I say this because on last Saturday it was 66 degrees in Pennsylvania in late December! So maybe we'll get a semi-warm day in February.

Comment

holy smoke !
            btw, why two clave pedals ?
            or maybe they aren't..
            Audio | Video | Roland/Yamaha e-kit | Sonor/Gretsch a-kit | Zildjian/Sabian/Ufip cymbals

Comment

Originally posted by Ericdrumz View Post
              holy smoke !
              btw, why two clave pedals ?
              or maybe they aren't..
              So I can play in stereo, silly.

Actually, they are connected to two Pintech K3's. I use the right one on occasion for a deep kick drum sound and the left one is either for effects (like the audience roar in 'The Spirit of Radio') or a tambourine or the like.

Comment

Truly a beautiful looking setup, congratulations! You seem to have a lot of patience working on the kit for so long. But boy did it pay off! As mentioned before, an overhead picture would be nice. Thanks for sharing!
                2Box DrumIt Five, TDW-20BK , additional Kit Toys & Roland cymbals, 2Box, Pearl and Sonor pedals

Comment

Curious: what sort of music do you play? The kit looks like itīs progressive rock/metal to me.
                  2Box DrumIt Five, TDW-20BK , additional Kit Toys & Roland cymbals, 2Box, Pearl and Sonor pedals

Comment

Originally posted by rythm View Post
                    Curious: what sort of music do you play? The kit looks like itīs progressive rock/metal to me.
                    Good eye, rythm. My band plays classic rock which includes a healthy dose of Rush. On my own, I lean towards progressive rock; it's great for keeping the chops sharp.

Comment

What an insane kit. It's something the Renders and Jmans of this world would just love.

I'd get rid of, oh, 3/4s of it. I'd keep the Muppet tho.

Lord, 70 minutes to setup and over 300 pounds of stuff to schlep. You're a far better (or insaner) man than I, Gunga Din.

Tis purty. Clearly a labor of love.

www.myspace.com/rubberuniverse
                      Last edited by grog; 12-30-08, 01:08 PM.
                      TD-12, DTX502, SD1000, EZDrummer, Diamond Drum 12" snare, S1000 toms/cymbals/kick, PCY10/100/135/155, CY-5/14, Hart Ride, Hart Acupad 8" kick, Epedal Pro II, Concept 1 pads/cymbals, SD1000 & Roland V Sessions racks, PD-7, Kit Toy 10" splash, DMPad ride, SamplePad, PerformancePad Pro

Comment

Aye carumba! So this is what the green 10" half toms in the DIY section belong to.

I sure hope you get paid well for your gigs, that is a heck of a lot of toil to go through just to set-up and tear-down.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by System:Critical View Post
                          If there is a view of the kit that you would like to see, ask and I'll snap another picture.
                          I would like to see that kit set up in my house. Yes, that would be the perfect view. Feel free to drop it off at any time.

Awesome kit! Thanks for sharing the pics!
                          >>>See my E-kit here<<<

>>>See my A-kit here<<<

Comment

good god thats awesome
                            My e-kit

My a-kit

Comment

Originally posted by cheapthrill View Post
                              Aye carumba! So this is what the green 10" half toms in the DIY section belong to.

I sure hope you get paid well for your gigs, that is a heck of a lot of toil to go through just to set-up and tear-down.
                              I get my gas money covered, that's about it!

Yet another reason why we only play 4 or 5 times a year; just enough to enjoy it as a hobby and our friends get to see us play live.

Comment

Working...
                              X