Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much can you squeeze onto a TD3 rac...LOL..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much can you squeeze onto a TD3 rac...LOL..

Well apart from my splash that I'm waiting on, I'm just about done. This is my new gigging kit, feels and sounds great (thanx to my VEX kits) and is quite compact really.......Any suggestions would be very cool......) Hope you like..

Picture 444.jpg

Picture 446.jpg

Picture 448.jpg

Picture 447.jpg

Very nice! Are those the PC or the TC Pintech cymbals? Do you like them?

My eDrums thread

My acoustic drums

Comment

Originally posted by OptimusV6 View Post
      Very nice! Are those the PC or the TC Pintech cymbals? Do you like them?
      They are the PC (painted black) and i love them, very responsive and so far never missed a hit. I replaced my CY8's cause sometimes they would not trigger if you were to hit kik and crash or snare and crash together. For the money i think there bloody brilliant, but we will see after a couple of months gigging how they hold up..

Comment

Cool looking kit Jessabert!

Do you want an answer to the question ow much can you squeeze onto a TD3 rack? If not stop reading!

I have:

TD-8
        4 x PD-8
        1 x PD85
        1 x KD8
        4 x DIY 10" mesh toms
        1 x DIY 12" mesh snare
        2 x CY 8

I am looking for somewhere to house my other 12" snare and eventually mount all my cymbals on the rack and a SPDs Oh and my TD-3 to use for the extra inputs

So in answer to your question sir, you can fit a hell of a lot on a little rack

Before anybody asks I am not giving out any pictures before my DIY stuff is totally finished which could be a few months yet as I want them perfect

Keep getting GAS! Its good for you; honest

cute dog btw
        Last edited by tomrbland; 12-29-08, 07:15 AM. Reason: grammar :)

Comment

Nice kit! What kind of throne is that?

BTW: That's funny, my sister also has a dog with one bright and one dark eye.

Comment

Originally posted by eric_B View Post
            Nice kit! What kind of throne is that?

BTW: That's funny, my sister also has a dog with one bright and one dark eye.
            Its a PACIFIC TRACTOR throne and it's moocho comfey. It also has a Buttkicker LFE concert bolted to the underside that combined with my Shure E5's IEM's is pure bliss...in my head anyways..LOL....

Yeah my pooch loves to get in any pics that i take, i called him BOWIE cause of the whole blue eye brown eye trhing....

Comment

Originally posted by tomrbland View Post
              Cool looking kit Jessabert!

Do you want an answer to the question ow much can you squeeze onto a TD3 rack? If not stop reading!

I have:

TD-8
              4 x PD-8
              1 x PD85
              1 x KD8
              4 x DIY 10" mesh toms
              1 x DIY 12" mesh snare
              2 x CY 8

I am looking for somewhere to house my other 12" snare and eventually mount all my cymbals on the rack and a SPDs Oh and my TD-3 to use for the extra inputs

So in answer to your question sir, you can fit a hell of a lot on a little rack

Before anybody asks I am not giving out any pictures before my DIY stuff is totally finished which could be a few months yet as I want them perfect

Keep getting GAS! Its good for you; honest

cute dog btw
              ..WOW!...Cant beat that...LOL.. Looking forward to seeing some pics...

Comment

You could get some t-joints and add more tubing to the sides. Then you could get a ridiculous amount of pads on there. And believe me, I know my ridiculous.
                sigpic

Comment

You really do Michael! I still want the 2 MDS-20's one on top of the other like you have! and then the trailer to fit it in. It would make my life so much easier. But I would have to only play in venues where it can be wheeled in!

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Render View Post
                    You could get some t-joints and add more tubing to the sides. Then you could get a ridiculous amount of pads on there. And believe me, I know my ridiculous.
                    Yeah i guess i should have thought about the tittle a little more considering some of the kits Ive seen here..... Anyways just a splash or 2 and that's it, after all it is a gigging kit and the less stuff i gotta break down/setup the better.......(would love an extra tom though..lol) no!...must resist..

Comment

Hey, I didn't notice the first time I saw the pics, you found a nice place for the module! Mine is mounted between the CY5 and the left crash, just below them. You can see it in my eDrum threat, check my sig.

My eDrums thread

My acoustic drums

Comment

Originally posted by OptimusV6 View Post
                        Hey, I didn't notice the first time I saw the pics, you found a nice place for the module! Mine is mounted between the CY5 and the left crash, just below them. You can see it in my eDrum threat, check my sig.
                        Yeah it seemed to be the only place to stick the td12 mod and it adds a little more weight to the center of the kit which helps in the stability dept.. I also made up all new leads with good quality mic cable and switchcraft right angled TRS jacks on both ends, this really cleans up the back of the module and the cables have no strain on them at all....

Comment

Back of the mod....

Picture 449.jpg

Comment

Working...
                          X