Presenting with pride: My V-kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Presenting with pride: My V-kit

Since I treated myself this Christmas with a VH11 hihat, I would like to show you alle what my TD6KX looks like right now. The VH11 made my kit complete, esspecially since I like it so much better now. The feel of the kit has strongly improved.

As you can see on the attached pictures it is pretty maxed out, all inputs are full, Tom 2 and 3 are split, using a 4th tom (which maybe will be replaced by another pd85 later on) and my CY5 as an aux. I'm thinking of using this as a cowbell or maybe closed hihat.

Thanks for taking a look, any comments on possible improvements are always welcome!
    Attached Files
    TD9 (All VEX packs), VH11, DIY 12" snare, PD105, 3xPD85, PCY155, CY12R/C, Kit Toys 13" China, CY8, CY5, DIY electric cowbell, DIY 20" x 10" BD with Iron Cobra PowerGlide Double pedal
    I sell e-cowbells, go check em out!

Welcome to the forum. Nice, solid setup you have there! I get the impression this is an apartment. If so, any complaints from the neighbors?
    Id rather be told the ugly truth than handed a pretty lie.

Comment

Very nice my friend. Reminds me of my kit a little. I just have to disagree with the statement that your kit is done. It'll NEVER be done! You still have a PD-125 to get, then you can move that 105 to your 4th tom position.... just for starters! Then we got rack extentions and/or uprading... Gibraltar clamps, module upgrade... it goes on and on!

Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Thanks for your reactions guys!

I don't live in an appartment, but in a terraced house in the Netherlands. I have had some minor issues with the neighbours, they can hear my bass drum caused by the vibrations through the floor. I might solve taht one day by replacing the KD8 with a mesh head bass, since I expect those to be much more silent.

And Greenbutmean, you are absolutely right about the kit never being finished. Great suggestions, but in fincancial sturdy times like these I'll have to live with the kit as it is right now (at least for the moment )
        TD9 (All VEX packs), VH11, DIY 12" snare, PD105, 3xPD85, PCY155, CY12R/C, Kit Toys 13" China, CY8, CY5, DIY electric cowbell, DIY 20" x 10" BD with Iron Cobra PowerGlide Double pedal

Comment

I'm curious about your use of the VH11 with the TD-6. I'm running a TD-6 module and using a CY-8 with a FP-8 foot controller, and it's the one thing I am not liking about my kit. Do you get the full range of sounds out of the VH11 from open to closed? I was under the impression that the VH11 didn't function to capacity with the TD-6? Definitely could be wrong about that! If this is working as it should, I would be very interested to look into yet another VDrum GAS purchase. Please describe your experiences with this setup.

Thanks...
          My Kit's Evolution Pics...

Comment

Originally posted by LarsYouPutz View Post
            I'm curious about your use of the VH11 with the TD-6. I'm running a TD-6 module and using a CY-8 with a FP-8 foot controller, and it's the one thing I am not liking about my kit. Do you get the full range of sounds out of the VH11 from open to closed? I was under the impression that the VH11 didn't function to capacity with the TD-6? Definitely could be wrong about that! If this is working as it should, I would be very interested to look into yet another VDrum GAS purchase. Please describe your experiences with this setup.

Thanks...
            With a TD-6 and a VH-11, you get the same range of sounds as you do when using a FD-8, however, the feel is much more realistic (IMO at least) and it does a much better job of imitating a 'real' hihat. Also, the pedal response is better, again IMO.

Comment

Excellent looking TD-6V!!!

I also have a TD-6V. However, I have lowly PD-8s for all three toms...

For Xmas, I got a CY-12 R/C and a CY-5. So now I'm left with some extra pads/triggers....

Could you please tell me how you connected everything in the picture? Did you split the inputs using insert cables? It looks like you have 4 single-zone toms, 2 crashes, a dual-zone cy12 ride, PLUS a single zone splash(CY-5). Is that correct? Could you detail "exactly" how you made that happen?

I appreciate any help on fully maximizing the TD-6V! Thanks!!!
              *TDW-20* KD-8 w/Iron Cobra single, PD-125, PD-80R, VH-11, PD-8(X3), CY-12R/C, CY-8(X2), older MDS-6 rack with additional lower crossbar for support, Roc 'n' Soc Nitro, ATH-M50 and MDR-7506

Life is a tragedy to those who feel and a comedy to those who think...

Comment

Originally posted by jeroencrezee View Post
                Thanks for your reactions guys!

I don't live in an appartment, but in a terraced house in the Netherlands. I have had some minor issues with the neighbours, they can hear my bass drum caused by the vibrations through the floor. I might solve taht one day by replacing the KD8 with a mesh head bass, since I expect those to be much more silent.

And Greenbutmean, you are absolutely right about the kit never being finished. Great suggestions, but in fincancial sturdy times like these I'll have to live with the kit as it is right now (at least for the moment )
                No what you'll need is the custom vdrums floormat that Roland sells. See, your kit needs something already. Let the GAS begin! Muhahahahahahaha!!
                Music is not my passion, it's my obsession...
                www.oblyvion.com
                Facebook:[Scych]
                You Tube Scychful
                Twitter:@Raakinn

Comment

Originally posted by LarsYouPutz View Post

Thanks...
                  Ige87 is correct, you'll get the same sound with the VH11 as with the CY-8/FD8 combination, even though with the VH11 it is much more ease to get a half open sound (IOM). Plus, the feel improves indredibly, esspecialy when playing on the ride and tapping the 8th notes with your foot on the hihat.
                  With the FD-8, the chick sound was also quite hard to play, this is no longer an issue with the VH11. And last but not least, it just looks so much better, all that chrome of the HH stand!

I can really recommend the VH11, it costs some, but it'll be well spend.

Comment

Originally posted by Soundofmind View Post

For Xmas, I got a CY-12 R/C and a CY-5. So now I'm left with some extra pads/triggers....

Could you please tell me how you connected everything in the picture? Did you split the inputs using insert cables? It looks like you have 4 single-zone toms, 2 crashes, a dual-zone cy12 ride, PLUS a single zone splash(CY-5). Is that correct? Could you detail "exactly" how you made that happen?

I appreciate any help on fully maximizing the TD-6V! Thanks!!!
                    Thanks for the great reaction, pall! Nice to hear from fellow TD6 owners.
                    You're right about my settings, I have splitted Tom 3 into Tom 3 and 4. I have splitted Tom2/aux into tom2 and the splash (or cowbell or whatever). This results in all toms being single zoned (I'm ok with this, since pd85's are single zoned out of the box using a TD6). The ride is dual zoned (i use the bell/bow, I have no use for the ride edge) and both crashes are dual zoned.
                    Hope this makes it more clear. Good luck luck with fully using your kit, and have fun with your new xmas presents!

Cheers

Comment

Very nice kit! I'm a TD-6V user myself. I don't have as many mesh pads as you though. Lucky guy!
                      TD-6V, TD-3, KD-8, PD-85BK (snare), PD-8 (T1, T2, T3), CY-8 (Crash 1-2, Ride), FD-8/CY-5 (Hi-Hat).

Comment

Originally posted by Soundofmind View Post

You know I quite like PD-8's for toms. Of course I'd like to have mesh toms but not having them is not a huge deal for me right now. But GAS will eventually take over....
                        TD-6V, TD-3, KD-8, PD-85BK (snare), PD-8 (T1, T2, T3), CY-8 (Crash 1-2, Ride), FD-8/CY-5 (Hi-Hat).

Comment

I bought this kit as a TD6KX, so 4 mesh heads were included in the package, as well as a CY12R/C for the ride. I bought it in Juni this year, and since the TD6 was discontinued about that time I got a great discount.
                          But the rubber toms are quite ok, they are dual zoned, which is a pre.

Comment

Originally posted by jeroencrezee View Post
                            Ige87 is correct, you'll get the same sound with the VH11 as with the CY-8/FD8 combination, even though with the VH11 it is much more ease to get a half open sound (IOM). Plus, the feel improves indredibly, esspecialy when playing on the ride and tapping the 8th notes with your foot on the hihat.
                            With the FD-8, the chick sound was also quite hard to play, this is no longer an issue with the VH11. And last but not least, it just looks so much better, all that chrome of the HH stand!

I can really recommend the VH11, it costs some, but it'll be well spend.
                            Thanks for the response...Now off to save up some more $$ to alleviate my impending G.A.S. attack
                            My Kit's Evolution Pics...

Comment

I built myself a floating stage (it is very low, it is raised 1 inch above the floor) using MDF board and rubber feet, to reduce sounds of the bass to the neighbours. It was built in one afternoon, cost me about 30 euro and it reduces noise through the floor for about 80%. Please check the pictures and tell me what you think!
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X