Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jos' DIY Drums Version 1.2

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Jos' DIY Drums Version 1.2

    After moths of collecting, buying, and lots of work its finally complete. I'll just let you look first then i'm tell ya a little.


















    All the cymbals are dual zone/chokeable and i didnt have to use a Keith Raper Circuit thanks to Hellfire's creative ideas!

    Toms are just halved toms crossbar, homemade cones, and petscreen heads.

    HH Control is one of those variable pots that someone designed (cant remember)

    TD-10 expanded (duh)

    Thats it, i really appreciate all the input i've got from everyone on the forms.

  • #2
    if it sounds as good as it looks, then...holy crap!

    Comment


    • #3
      Hey,

      Nice work there!

      How big are thoes drums and what size cones are you using. I have 2.5 cm deep foam an am trying to decide whether I need to put 2 layers or just 1 is ok. I have a 12" and 2 10" drums.

      Cheers

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by zoster View Post
        if it sounds as good as it looks, then...holy crap!
        Holy Crap then, because they sound good!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by tomrbland View Post
          Hey,

          Nice work there!

          How big are thoes drums and what size cones are you using. I have 2.5 cm deep foam an am trying to decide whether I need to put 2 layers or just 1 is ok. I have a 12" and 2 10" drums.

          Cheers
          Thanks, low toms are 13", highs are 12", snare is 14", and bass is 16". As for the foam, i did two layers of 1/2" foam and one layer of 1/4", that usually put the top of the cone just where i wanted it.

          Comment


          • #6
            I have to agree with the others here. That is some very nice work
            Great to see another center hat setup too

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by SuperPuss View Post
              I have to agree with the others here. That is some very nice work
              Great to see another center hat setup too
              Thanks, it doesnt quite compare to the SP cage but i'm happy with it.

              Yeah, I'm liking having the HH in the middle. Whats the sense in crossing your hands if you dont have to?

              Comment


              • #8
                Very cool! Is that a common hi-hat stand? If it is you may want to buy a spare rod that you can cut down. I'd be hitting that thing all the time.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by dave_b View Post
                  Very cool! Is that a common hi-hat stand? If it is you may want to buy a spare rod that you can cut down. I'd be hitting that thing all the time.
                  Thanks. Yeah, i thought about that but after a couple minutes of playing i didnt really hit it. I dont think i've hit for probably about a week so i figured it was ok.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I would have to agree with everybody else, those look great. I really like your black acrylic cymbals. (and chokable too! )
                    alesisDRUMMER.com

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Well done! They look beautiful...
                      Jack

                      Sabre's Album

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Hellfire View Post
                        I would have to agree with everybody else, those look great. I really like your black acrylic cymbals. (and chokable too! )
                        Yes, thankyou for the chokes Hellfire

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by BeyondStupidity View Post
                          ......Yeah, I'm liking having the HH in the middle. Whats the sense in crossing your hands if you dont have to?
                          Absolutely!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            eewww.. those look cool man! can you spot me a private message and talk about how you made the heads and cymbals? I am going to convert a mini drum set to edrums and want to do the heads black. I would also like to take my hand at making or converting cymbals. try not to stay up too late playing them... looks really like a fun kit
                            TD-20 (non expanded), acoustic look DIY a to e conversion - some cake pan/ some crossbar method. DIY cymbals, VH-12 :-)
                            .
                            Psalm 150
                            had the best times with this band https://www.facebook.com/SaintHooliganMusic
                            YouTube video postings: https://www.youtube.com/user/racer52online/videos
                            Vdrums Photo Albums: http://www.vdrums.com/member/26923-racer52/media

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X