Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The day my gear did the 360

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The day my gear did the 360

This is my latest set up, I have set it up so that everything I use I can get at.

Note: I usually have a swivel chair with a back but put my drum stool here else all you would be able to see would be my chair! Also bad quality photo taken on a camera phone, sorry

Enjoy

(loving being able to play had percussion whilst sitting down!!)
    Attached Files

Better pic
    Attached Files

Comment

That looks like fun. Having all that percussion at arms length is great!
      sigpic

Comment

Yeah cheers I love it! I play a lot of sting so being able to swap from full kit to hand perc with out moving is priceless!

Little tip for anybody with a TD-3 make use of your second crash imput. That way if you have your kit setup like I do (use an acoustic hi-hat) you can have a china on your remote hi-hat which you can dampen with your foot, pretty cool. and you can have cymbals on the rims of two of your toms. So in that kit there, in purely electric stuff, I have 1 hi-hat, 1 ride, a china and 3 crashes/splashes. Add to that my hi-hat, little cheapy-but-sounds-quite-good splash and my pride and joy a black label paiste 2002 18" crash, there is a nice big collection of cymbals!

Doesn't look much but with this dual triggering you can do a lot!
        Last edited by tomrbland; 11-03-08, 09:24 AM.

Comment

That's a one-man band just waiting to happen!

Cool setup. Thanks for sharing.
          >>>See my E-kit here<<<

>>>See my A-kit here<<<

Comment

AWESOME GEAR !!!!! Looks like so much fun !!!!! That is one busy TD-3 !!!!! E.
            Eric G: Pearl,Paiste,Remo,Vic Firth,Gibraltar,Roc-n-Soc,Roland TD-6V, Lots of Vex and mesh all around.

Comment

Hi tomrbland.....well that's an impressive setup!!
              - but tell me
              ...how did my avatar get into your drumroom?

Comment

Originally posted by Hercules View Post
                Hi tomrbland.....well that's an impressive setup!!
                - but tell me
                ...how did my avatar get into your drumroom?
                Sorry Hercules I didn't spot your post!

What I believe you are referring to I believe is my pride and joy in the percussion section! I had that djembe imported from a tribe in africa (I forget where exactly). It cost me a small fortune and as it is handmade etc it doesn't fit any cases so I need to build one for it! But it sounds fantastic! it i s so easy to play and you can achieve such a massive range of tones which you can't with an "off the shelf" one I believe it was worth every penny.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                X