Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TD-20 Setup /w SPD-S & KD-8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD-20 Setup /w SPD-S & KD-8

Specs:
    Roland TD-20K
    Roland KD-8
    Roland SPD-S

Going to add some more pictures soon, once I clean up.... still have boxes everywhere from when I unpacked them.

Still need to buy plastic beaters...

Last edited by spyder; 09-19-08, 09:46 AM.
    Current E-Rig:Roland TD-20K /w Roland CY-8, Roland KD-8 & Roland SPD-S
    AMP: Mackie SRM450 V2

Current Acoustic Rig:5 piece Pearl Export Series, a bunch of Sabian Cymbals.

Hey, looks like a nice setup...

I'm toying with the purchase of an SPD-S. What specifically do you use yours for?

I see also that you have the SPD and Crash cymbal on separate stands? I was looking to mount the SPD on the rack itself, but have been mulling over the best solution... which might just be a separate stand... How are you plugging this and the TD20 together? Midi or just stereo cables?

Cool looking, hurry up, tidy and post some more photos.

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41835

Comment

Originally posted by Charly View Post
      Hey, looks like a nice setup...
      Thanks

I'm toying with the purchase of an SPD-S. What specifically do you use yours for?
      Just usually some crazy sound effects you can't get with the TD-20 Module.. and short backing music clips.

I see also that you have the SPD and Crash cymbal on separate stands? I was looking to mount the SPD on the rack itself, but have been mulling over the best solution... which might just be a separate stand... How are you plugging this and the TD20 together? Midi or just stereo cables?
      Can't figure out where to fit it on the MDS-20 rack, I really thought there would of been more room... I currently have it mounted on a old cymbal stand with a Roland APC-33 clamp. I run the 1/4" L/R output to a stereo 1/4" TRS and put it into the mix in port on the TD-20.
      Current E-Rig:Roland TD-20K /w Roland CY-8, Roland KD-8 & Roland SPD-S
      AMP: Mackie SRM450 V2

Current Acoustic Rig:5 piece Pearl Export Series, a bunch of Sabian Cymbals.

Comment

Really looks nice there spyder!!
        Simple, tight and clean.

Really giving me ideas aye...

Comment

Nice setup. Drooling over the TD20.....

To Charly: I have my spds mounted to my TD12 stand with the standard roland cymbal clamp and a gilbrater double clamp. Rock solid. I'll post mine this weekend under my own post.

Comment

Nice setup matey! RRRRRR similar to mine, minus a few cy12's
            TDW-20s Black Firmware 2.51: 3 extra CY12's, DW 9002's, SPD-S, PM-30, Mackie 802-VLZ3, Laptop, AudioKontrol 1, CueBase 4, Addictive Drums, Superior 2.0
            VEX kits: Master Picks 1&2, Top 50 1&2, Exotics1, Professor Pack
            Acoustics in storage: Eames Finetone shells, Gretsch diecast hoops 8,10,12,14,16,22. '66 Slingerland snare. Tama 'hardware, lots of Zildjians.

Comment

Working...
            X