Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Mondor II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Mondor II

Here is where I am as of today.
    http://www.michaelrender.com/MII/MII.html
    sigpic

That is an abomination of deliciousness!

Wow. Just Wow.

Got any videos of you playing this evil monster?

Comment

Michael,

These photos remind me of a Japanese fireworks show. It just keeps building and building. Just when you think the world's supply of fireworks has been exhausted, they throw in more, the double it, then triple it.

Nice rig. I would love to see some kind of mechanism that would make it possible for your array of Roland triggers to fold and open like some kind of mechanical flower!

Comment

I feel faint after seeing that. It's just beautiful...
        Roland Td-11KV, Alesis SamplePad, DW5000 pedal, Vater 7A sticks.

Comment

Awesome,congrats on owening that setup.I can dream.
          TD3 + SPD-6 and love it

Comment

You're an evil man Michael.

Now here I was feeling happy with my TD-20 kit (with a couple of extra bits) and you come along and show us this. Very nice indeed!

But why do you use KD-8s? I mean, they are good, but what happened to your KD-120s?

And how about a lick of paint on the walls to pretty up the studio?

Comment

Dude, we NEED to see it (and you) in action!

Please post some videos! It looks so cool...I feel an attack of GAS coming on......
              TD9+6v with Diamond Electronic pads, and cowbell.
              ATH-50m headphones, VEX packs
              not to mention keyboards, guitars, basses, and cats

Comment

Very nice! I'll make sure my wife looks at this.
                www.myspace.com/tongueingrooveTd 20 Purple Fade V Session Cy15, 2x Cy14, Cy8, Asi+ Crown k2 amps, BBE max. Legion 15's, Madison 18 subs, Tama,Yamaha hardware.
                Your never as good or bad as you think you are !

Comment

Nice place to escape!
                  Ludwig Classic Drums (My first, and still, love). TD-4 frame with a PD-120 on stand, 2 KD-8 pads with splitter cable and 2 DW3000, 2 PDX-8, 2 PDX-6, 2 CY-12R/C, CY-13R/C CY-15R/C, VH-11, CY-5 and a TD-20X Module.

Comment

Originally posted by stickinthemud View Post
                    Nice rig. I would love to see some kind of mechanism that would make it possible for your array of Roland triggers to fold and open like some kind of mechanical flower!
                    I have been thinking about that. At least making the thing rotate. I just don't think my mechanical skills are up to it.
                    Originally posted by Hercules View Post
                    But why do you use KD-8s? I mean, they are good, but what happened to your KD-120s?

And how about a lick of paint on the walls to pretty up the studio?
                    If you caught my other posts on the subject you will find I am a big fan of KD-8s over KD-120s. To me, they feel like the kick drums I am used to. I own 5 KD-8s now.

As for the paint, the drums weren't supposed to go there. That is where my workout equipment was, but the new bowflex was too tall. I had to swap places. Hmm. A little paint might help.
                    sigpic

Comment

What do you feed that Bad Boy?

Comment

Simply Rendiculous.
                        Alan
                        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | message | recommendations

Comment

OK... I'll admit I posted previously that Michael Render was a myth, a legend, because NOBODY owned a drum kit THAT big. Well, I went to snopes.com, as I said I would, and he's not listed anywhere.

So I have a choice.

A) Believe that someone can create a kit so impressive and HUGE

- or -

B) Contact snopes to tell them they need to make a new entry in the database.

Without a vid of it actually being played, I'm going to have to look up their hotline number...

Ridiculous dude - I'm humbled beyond belief...
                          "...regardless of what you play, the biggest thing is keeping the feel going ..." - Wes Montgomery

Comment

What the hell is your monthly electricity bill like, dude???
                            >>>See my E-kit here<<<

>>>See my A-kit here<<<

Comment

Hyper-Bass

Curse you for giving me more GAS. I've had my eye on that Hyper-Bass conversion kit for the longest time. Now after seeing it on the Mondor II, I had to go and get one. Do you plug both the inputs into one bass pedal or have separate inputs for the top and bottom?
                              Frequent GAS Sufferer

TD-9, RMP-12, RMP-5 & SonicCell on Gibraltar Quad Stands.

Comment

Working...
                              X