Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

dschrammie's kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dschrammie's kit

Well, it's been a long time coming. Finally....FINALLY I got my butt around to getting stuff completed.
    So here it is. My "custom" kit a la Axe Grinder...complete with my grade school fold-up music stand and an old-ass LP Spike that I'm using for a cowbell.

And these were the best bird's eye view photos I could get...the room is pretty short and I had to stand on my throne, holding the camera at the ceiling and aiming with the "best guess" method.

Left side:

Center:

and Right side:
    Stick twirling - because you obviously have mastered all other aspects of drumming already, right?

Man I love the blue bars!!
    Alesis DM10 & Trigger IO, 5 8" single input DIY shells; 2 18" DIY Bass drums, 1 13" DIY eSnare, PinTech 14" Visulaite Hi-Hats, 2 PinTech 14" choke-able crashes & 18" dual-zone ride; Steven Slate Drums EX. Mounted on Superstrut custom rack.
    sigpichttp://vdrums.com/forum/album.php?albumid=353

Comment

I realized that after having not been around for such a long time, I hadn't posted any updates. I've updated my kit over the past year...mostly just lipstick (i.e. making it look pretty). But I really like the result. My wife says it looks like the 70s threw up on my drums...but I love it.

Essentially what I did was added a Sea Shell Pearl wrap (from Jammin' Sam); added rubber trim to the bottom of the shells for a more finished look; changed shell sizes from (2) 12s and (2) 13s to an 8", 10", and (2) 12"; made DIY heads for the 8 & 10 because I didn't feel like paying $30 per head! and I have just now started to switch to a Megadrum with Superior 2.0...but I'm still learning that part. I have a LONG way to go.

Oh...and I almost forgot...we also had another kid. But that has nothing to do with my edrums!
      Last edited by dschrammie; 09-14-10, 04:28 PM.
      Stick twirling - because you obviously have mastered all other aspects of drumming already, right?

Comment

they look much cooler - but is that the same book you're working through 2 years later??
        congrats on the kid too.....

Videos

The Dust Revival Band

Spinifex Rose

Kristy Lewis and the Wretched

Wayfaring Strangers

Comment

Dude -

Those look Boss!...or *****in'...nay, even Groovy...

...outasite?...

Whatever the jargon (or the generation) they are indeed spectacular!

Well Done!...makes me think about what I could do to mine...

hmmmm...
          DTXtreme, DTXtreme IIs, DTX M12, Yamaha SY-77, Moog Opus, Roland XP-30 Roland SPD-8, SPD-11, SPD-30 / ACID Pro 7 / Sound Forge / Cubase S5 / Cakewalk LT / Fender Squier w F/X Pedal

Comment

Tisgnitch:
            Heheh...uh, well...yes and no. The one that was open on the music stand a couple years ago was West African Rhythms for the Drumset. The Dave Weckl book is closed behind it. Now 2 years later the Dave Weckl Book is open, however, I'm actually not even playing out of that one...there's a 2nd book open on top of it, Gavin Harrison's Rhythmic Illusions.
            In all honesty, I haven't made it through any of those 3 books though. The past year has been a whole bunch of rebuilding, waiting for parts that never showed up, broken promises, etc....so I went through a very long time without even playing my kit. I finally got the darned thing put together and for some reason I've now decided that I need to grasp Superior 2 and a Megadrum. However, that will hopefully not keep me from playing!
            Thanks for the compliments!

Padowan:
            Thanks, I'll take any of those words! Personally, I go with sweet!
            It made a big difference just with how I feel about them in general. I used to look at them and think they're ugly, but they do what I need...but now I look at them and I enjoy playing 'em that much more. Is it superficial of me? Yeah, probably a little. But I don't care. As long as it gets me behind the kit more often!

Comment

Originally posted by dschrammie View Post
              and I have just now started to switch to a Megadrum with Superior 2.0...but I'm still learning that part. I have a LONG way to go.

Oh...and I almost forgot...we also had another kid. But that has nothing to do with my edrums!
              If you get a Megadrum, then you will have made that cool multi-Raper circuit box for nothin'! Ironically, when I saw your thread about that project over at the eDf (a year or two ago?), I think you just had a kid... and now I see you had another. Congrats on the kid and the kit!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cheapthrill View Post
                If you get a Megadrum, then you will have made that cool multi-Raper circuit box for nothin'! Ironically, when I saw your thread about that project over at the eDf (a year or two ago?), I think you just had a kid... and now I see you had another. Congrats on the kid and the kit!
                That's quite a memory you've got there!
                Yep, the raper circuit box and the TD-10exp will eventually be up for sale, probably soon. The MegaDrum that I now have has enough inputs that I don't even need to make any stereo to dual mono cables...every pad I own will now have it's own input. Nice to know, however, that if I want to add a 2nd zone to any of my single zone cymbals I certainly can...not that I'll have anywhere to mount 'em! Learning the MegaDrum is a long, braintwisting process. It works very well, but it definitely has a steep learning curve. The documentation that's available online doesn't exactly tell you specifics...you have to either fiddle around with setting until you figure it out, or you have to search their forums or ask a question on the forums...sometimes I'll get helpful answers, sometimes I'll get replies that can be interpreted as "You are very unintelligent and not worth the time necessary to type this out." So that's frustrating. However, I've started to get a hang of it and started to figure out how to get the settings dialed in...and it's working out nicely. Soon I'll have the whole set up going purely through Megadrum and superior only. Then I'll work on world domination...but that's gonna take a little more planning.

Comment

Very nice coordination of the wrap with the rack color. As light and crappy as the clamps are, I still love me the colored Roland MDS-10 racks.

You realize that you're now our resident Megadrum expert. Man am I glad I didn't go that route. I woulda figured it all out but the learning curve on such a project is always painful.

www.myspace.com/rubberuniverse
                  TD-12, DTX502, SD1000, EZDrummer, Diamond Drum 12" snare, S1000 toms/cymbals/kick, PCY10/100/135/155, CY-5/14, Hart Ride, Hart Acupad 8" kick, Epedal Pro II, Concept 1 pads/cymbals, SD1000 & Roland V Sessions racks, PD-7, Kit Toy 10" splash, DMPad ride, SamplePad, PerformancePad Pro

Comment

Originally posted by grog View Post
                    You realize that you're now our resident Megadrum expert. Man am I glad I didn't go that route. I woulda figured it all out but the learning curve on such a project is always painful.
                    Heh...I beg you to please use the term "expert" very loosely!

Comment

Love the blue rack and the wrap! looks awesome!
                      8 piece DIY Acrylic, 2x2Box DrumIt5, Gen16 4xDCP, DIY Acrylic&Gen16 Conversions, Sleishman Twin-QuadSteele hybrid, Gibraltar&DrumFrame rack, DW9502LB, Midi Knights Pro Lighting
                      http://www.airbrushartists.org/DreamscapeAirbrushRealm

Comment

Working...
                      X