Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A short music video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A short music video

I had to enter a contest and thought I would show off my multi-instrumental skills and so I came up with the idea to do a music video.

This is my first music video, nothing great, however I liked the guitar solos quite a bit. To keep the sync best I recorded each instrument as I filed (leaving out the double pedal shot).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcmT4oUXccI

I've been slowly taking the rubber pads off the cymbals. The super glue is the hardest part to get off (used a few dabs in places to hold better) but I found a good adhesive remover to get rid of the spray glue. A flat razor takes care of most of the super glue however I heard they make super glue "de-bonder" products and so I will have to look into those.

anyways feel free to comment on the youtube video and subscribe if you want. I have a lot of gear reviews coming out soon which will go onto the youtube. The first Frostex is already out.
    Dave
    Sonic Orb Studios
    My Youtube

My kit is custom running 10, 12, 14" toms, a 12" snare, 2 crash, 1 ride, 1 splash, and dual kick drum all plugged into a
    Roland TD-6V module which runs MIDI to Superior Drummer 2

Dave,
    Sounds great. Need a better shot of the kit thought. I'd like to see what your setup looks like.
    Roland Td-11KV, Alesis SamplePad, DW5000 pedal, Vater 7A sticks.

Comment

The video & music was great! Sounded a bit of Deep Purpleish...

Don't take this the wrong way, but, You need to put some more emotion into the drums! The look on your face was one of someone who didn't enjoy the music he HAD to play or just didn't really care to be involved. Guitar & keys were just fine though! Altogether, the music was great, just show some more spirit behind the kit!

Bob
      TD-12, TD-8, SPD-S, and a whole bunch of various triggers! ALL Roland stuff :)

Comment

I think that video was cool. I am going to have consider learning how to play all the other instruments and do something similar. Great work and very inspiring... maybe a little too short, but that's OK.
        Ask not whether something is useful -- ask what it is useful for.

Roland TD-12, Iron Cobra hihat stand and bass-drum pedal from TAMA. My accoustic kit is a Yamaha Power-V Birch with Paiste Alpha-series splashes, crashes, and hihat. My ride is a Zildjan Ping Ride, 20" I think.

Check out my TD-12 on Youtube. My page is here http://www.youtube.com/HerlPearl.

Comment

yea normally I do a side shot with the drums as in my avenged sevenfold video however I could not find an easy way to mount the green screen on that side wall and wanted to get the video out that night.
          next video will have the screen at the side and a different shot of the kit.

Being it was to enter a contest I was asked to keep the video short. Seeing as how this came out great I will work on another music video soon and put vocals in it.

Yea I had a goofy look on my face during that video, no idea why, normally I am really into the music when I play haha

thanks for the comments.
          Dave
          Sonic Orb Studios
          My Youtube

My kit is custom running 10, 12, 14" toms, a 12" snare, 2 crash, 1 ride, 1 splash, and dual kick drum all plugged into a

Comment

Originally posted by weldman View Post
            yea normally I do a side shot with the drums as in my avenged sevenfold video however I could not find an easy way to mount the green screen on that side wall and wanted to get the video out that night.
            next video will have the screen at the side and a different shot of the kit.

Being it was to enter a contest I was asked to keep the video short. Seeing as how this came out great I will work on another music video soon and put vocals in it.

Yea I had a goofy look on my face during that video, no idea why, normally I am really into the music when I play haha

thanks for the comments.
            Must drummers look goofy or weird, so that's perfectly acceptable

Roland TD-12, Iron Cobra hihat stand and bass-drum pedal from TAMA. My accoustic kit is a Yamaha Power-V Birch with Paiste Alpha-series splashes, crashes, and hihat. My ride is a Zildjan Ping Ride, 20" I think.

Check out my TD-12 on Youtube. My page is here http://www.youtube.com/HerlPearl.

Comment

LOL yea I guess so
              Dave
              Sonic Orb Studios
              My Youtube

Comment

Very impressive. If I were to show off my multi-instrumental skillz it would be an epic version of Mary Had A Little Lamb!

But put on some shoes!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Render View Post
                  Very impressive. If I were to show off my multi-instrumental skillz it would be an epic version of Mary Had A Little Lamb!

But put on some shoes!
                  Good idea ... I think, I would play "Blues in A" (and ONLY in A)

Comment

Dave, that's pretty cool. Very creative
                    Nice work on the video editing too. I see you're making good use of your green screen

Comment

yea I just got that screen last month from TubeTape.com and the first video I made came out a little iffy due to Premieres keying skills haha

but this one came out quite a bit better and I think its the lighting setup and how far I was away from the screen that helped the most.

I used to play with shoes however I feel like I get more control without them so I'm sticking with that...

Thanks again for the comments everyone.
                      Dave
                      Sonic Orb Studios
                      My Youtube

Comment

Working...
                      X