Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Think I'm done for now...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Think I'm done for now...

I've got my TD-20 module pretty well maxed out, a Yamaha AW-16G DAW, a Roland SP404 sampler, and CD player and MP3 player for playing along with my favorites. All this is set up in my office at home. It's a wonder I get any work done!

Bravo! Well done, sir. Nice, clean and classy looking.

How do you like that 404?
    >>>See my E-kit here<<<

>>>See my A-kit here<<<

Comment

Very very nice work sir!! Why am I not surprised you don't get any work done in there dude.. Love the 404, very sweet. Is that sucker capable of real time sampling/looping like the 505? Your TD-20 is "pretty well" maxed out?? Bah, come on man spare inputs are an insult to the V-drum gods!!! Move that desk and the computer out of there (unless you've got a vst sampler on there) and get to work.. blasphemer!!
      "Today young men on acid realised that all matter is purely energy condensed to a slow vibration; That we are all of one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively; There's no such thing as death, life is only a dream and we're the imagination of ourselves.. Here's Tom with the weather"...

TD-20 + TMC-6 + VF-1 + Gen16's = Not enough inputs.
      Watch me - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLqt6zaAYkY

Comment

Any more pics of that beauty?
        Roland Td-11KV, Alesis SamplePad, DW5000 pedal, Vater 7A sticks.

Comment

Top Stuff!

A fine kit, well done, well organised and classy are those upper pads used as cymbals or drums?
          WEBSITE - http://www.diamondelectronicdrums.com/
          YOUTUBE CHANNEL - http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbVB...?feature=guide
          FACEBOOK me at ... https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...83235555050736
          :eek: ...
          Showcase 1 - http://vdrums.com/forum/album.php?albumid=253
          Showcase 2 - http://vdrums.com/forum/album.php?albumid=354

Comment

Aw, nuts, sitm. You are not even trying. At least add a TMC-6 with some extra pads!

Seriously, nice setup. Having a kit in the office is a real temptation. I had to move evrything but an RMP-5 to the studio.
            sigpic

Comment

One nice and clean kit. Is that a fan next to the HHT? Bravo.

Comment

Nice set up Stick!
                Hawk snare, toms, and bass; Hart ECII crashes & ride; VH-10 Hihat; Iron Cobra double-bass.
                "I never play the same thing twice...sometimes because I simply can't remember it." - John Paul Jones

Comment

Whoa! Questions! And not a single comment about leaving my drawers open Thanks for the compliments!

OK -

The 404 is indeed a sweet "bit of kit". Main features are:
                  -Quick and Easy Sampling!
                  -Sample via Line/Mic input or use the onboard mic. Also operates on batteries.
                  -Pro Quality Effects Onboard!
                  -29 DSP effects including Filter, Lo-Fi, Isolator and unique effects such as Subsonic and new looper FX.
                  -Realtime Performance!
                  -3 rubber control knobs, 12 trigger pads, and an extra Sub Pad for realtime action.
                  -Create Your Own Tracks!
                  -Record patterns in real time with the Pattern Sequencer, complete with quantize.
                  -Perform with smooth triggering
                  from pattern to pattern.
                  -More Samples on Memory Card!
                  -Store up to 1 GB of samples on optional CompactFlash cards. Also reads WAV/AIFF files from CF cards.

Source - I swear, every pad input is filled! I suppose I could use a splitter and do something with the unused rim channel on the kick, and I have not used the foot switch input. I suppose I have pulled up short so I can say I haven't gone completely overboard should the wife ever start clucking her tongue...

Puma - Here are two more pics. The box under my toms is my cajon (Peruvian box drum). It's great for the acoustic jams and doubles as a table for my mixer! The detail shot shows the Dauz curved arms that I use for the AUX pads. These are only $18 each, and are perfect for getting the pads where I want them.

Davey - I use the pads as cymbals and drums, depending. Mostly cymbals. That's one reason I advocate pads over cymbals when the question of filling the AUX channels comes up. Versatility!

Michael - Get behind me, foul tempter! A studio? Wish I had the room!

Vdrummer20 - Yes, that is a fan! My older son laughs. The tower to the right is also a fan.

Comment

Very sweet set up SITM. I had a bunch of pads left over so I recently put two of them to use as you did. I have several more sitting around with one input open. And, after seeing your kit, I suppose that will change by the time the weekend is over.

The funny thing is I thought I'd never play another hard pad again. It was a long time before upgrading to V-Cymbals and I was sick of them. But the versatility you mention makes them very practical. And, when playing a cowbell, the darn thing should stay still. I never liked putting one on the edge of a cymbal.

Of course you aren't really "done" are you? Can you say TDW-20?
                    Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by Boingo View Post
                      I had a bunch of pads left over so I recently put two of them to use as you did. I have several more sitting around with one input open. And, after seeing your kit, I suppose that will change by the time the weekend is over.
                      Well I have finally proven to myself what everyone else already knew. I am dumber than a doorknob. Took the time to move some pads and attach a PD-9. Found a cord and geeze louise! I already used the last input (Deja Vu all over again!).

Then I remembered my old (and I do mean old) buddy Jman had sent me a splitter (ugliest think you ever did see!). So now I have to tweak some settings and get this thing working.
                      Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

Nice must be lots of fun!
                        Tama Arstar TM6 Pro 2X PD85's

Comment

Originally posted by Boingo View Post
                          Of course you aren't really "done" are you? Can you say TDW-20?
                          Thus the qualifier "for now"

Beautiful DW kit, Bobvan!

Comment

Love the Dauz mounts.
                            Roland Td-11KV, Alesis SamplePad, DW5000 pedal, Vater 7A sticks.

Comment

Wow man! What a kit! I'd love to play it! Hmm.. the idea of having that in the office, can't imagine working a lot in that case. Very tempting though, the boss out of the office (YES!!!!) and the kit in the office. What a dream job! LOL

Stijn
                              'lectric drumma
                              Roland TD-20, Hart Dynamics 7.6, 2 x PD-7, extra PD-7 and Hart Snare laying around, Vic Firth Dave Weckl signature sticks, Axis A-longboards double pedal, Sony MDR-CD780 headphones and not enough inputs.

Comment

Working...
                              X