Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Give me some ideas peeps!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Give me some ideas peeps!

    Hey everyone,

    I am looking for song ideas for my next videos on youtube. I am looking for any style and something that'll give me a challenge.

    Thanks everyone.

    Oh and please... NO Travis Barker... I have had enough of them and cannot stand TB... As i said before i want a challenge, Lol.



  • #2
    Rush

    Rush - Tom Sawyer ...

    Van Halen - Hot for teacher ...

    Well u said u wanted a challenge ...
    Last edited by daveybabes; 06-12-08, 04:07 PM.
    WEBSITE - http://www.diamondelectronicdrums.com/
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL - http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbVB...?feature=guide
    FACEBOOK me at ... https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...83235555050736
    :eek: ...
    Showcase 1 - http://vdrums.com/forum/album.php?albumid=253
    Showcase 2 - http://vdrums.com/forum/album.php?albumid=354

    Comment


    • #3
      How about:

      The verse in 3/4 and the chorus in 5/4 with a middle 8 in 7/8.

      Increase the complexity of the rythm with each repeat of verse and chorus

      Don't play the same fill twice.

      And, of course, no mistakes.

      Comment


      • #4
        A challenge? So you're better than Mr. Barker?

        Okay...
        Classic rock: The Who - Bargain
        Classic weird rock: Hocus Pocus - Focus
        Progressive Rock: La Villa Strangiato - Rush
        Progressive Hard Rock/Metal: Tool - Forty Six and 2
        Metal: Metallica - Battery
        Jazz/Fusion: Chick Corea Electrik Band - Eye of the Beholder
        Punk: Black Flag - Screw the Law

        There you go. Hop to it.
        Last edited by dschrammie; 06-13-08, 10:15 AM.
        Stick twirling - because you obviously have mastered all other aspects of drumming already, right?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by daveybabes View Post
          Rush - Tom Sawyer ...

          Van Halen - Hot for teacher ...

          Well u said u wanted a challenge ...
          Those were the first 2 songs that came to mind for me as well...
          MAPEX Black Forest Cherry DIY with TD20 module combined with TD3... (with room to expand!)
          1 Hart Ride, 4 Pintech 14" Crash Cymbals, Pintech China, 10" Pintech Splash, Roland Hi Hats, JBL Eon G2 Powered Speaker, Iron Cobra Powerglide Double Pedal, V-Expression's kits and not enough TIME in the day to play!!! :eek:

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Dee View Post
            Hey everyone,

            I am looking for song ideas for my next videos on youtube. I am looking for any style and something that'll give me a challenge.

            Thanks everyone.

            Oh and please... NO Travis Barker... I have had enough of them and cannot stand TB... As i said before i want a challenge, Lol.
            .. ok .. I'll be showing my age ..
            Allman Brothers
            Dreams, One Way Out, Whipping Post
            Eric Clapton
            Crossroads
            Doobie Brothers
            Jesus is Just Allright With Me ..

            Sorry .. I'll stop now ...
            Roland TD12KX V Drums

            Comment


            • #7
              dude...where eagles dare - iron maiden!!!

              Comment


              • #8
                Check this page out Dee. If you haven't already...
                http://xerotheory.blogspot.com/

                Or the Tower of Power tune on this site http://www.drumdiscounters.com/playalong_songs.htm
                Then go to Drummerworld.com and David garibaldi will teach you how to play it...
                My Kit
                http://www.vdrums.com/forum/attachme...2&d=1257067362

                Comment


                • #9
                  Cool stuff peeps, I will certainly check these out.

                  M_C_M... Love Tower of Power, Garibaldi is ace.

                  Oh please no more Metallica, Lars is another drummer that pisses me off!


                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I cant stand Ulrich either. I don't believe I used to listen to that crap. I watched that doco on them a few months back and it mad me sick the amount of money they have made off their total lack of talent. Hammet's good though...
                    My Kit
                    http://www.vdrums.com/forum/attachme...2&d=1257067362

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by M_C_M View Post
                      I cant stand Ulrich either. I don't believe I used to listen to that crap. I watched that doco on them a few months back and it mad me sick the amount of money they have made off their total lack of talent. Hammet's good though...
                      OMG... Finally someone else who see's what i see, you have no idea how many people argue with me because i cannot stand them, they only one out of them i think is good enough is KH. I can't stand any of their songs, Lars can't drum for toffee, his kit sound ****, I hate the way Hetfield sings. Hammett should seriously move on.


                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Pink Floyd - Money

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Dee View Post
                          OMG... Finally someone else who see's what i see, you have no idea how many people argue with me because i cannot stand them, they only one out of them i think is good enough is KH. I can't stand any of their songs, Lars can't drum for toffee, his kit sound ****, I hate the way Hetfield sings. Hammett should seriously move on.
                          Seriously? Did you seriously just say that?
                          That could be one of the most ignorant things I've heard. "Lars can't drum for toffee." Wow. You obviously are young and need to learn a little bit.
                          Don't think this is a pro-Lars rant...it's not. I'm not a fan of Lars nor Metallica in general. I also don't care for Blink 182. But I'd never go so far as to say that Ulrich or Barker "can't drum" or isn't challenging. That's rude, disrespectful, and just plain stupid. You may not like the style...that's fine. You may not like the sound...fine as well, we all have our preferences. But little girl, those guys will diddle circles around you. So drop the attitude and learn to respect other musicians.
                          In the mean time, how about we just narrow it down to a single drum...pull out your snare and rip through "The Rifleman". Let me know how that goes.
                          Stick twirling - because you obviously have mastered all other aspects of drumming already, right?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by dschrammie View Post
                            Seriously? Did you seriously just say that?
                            That could be one of the most ignorant things I've heard. "Lars can't drum for toffee." Wow. You obviously are young and need to learn a little bit.
                            Don't think this is a pro-Lars rant...it's not. I'm not a fan of Lars nor Metallica in general. I also don't care for Blink 182. But I'd never go so far as to say that Ulrich or Barker "can't drum" or isn't challenging. That's rude, disrespectful, and just plain stupid. You may not like the style...that's fine. You may not like the sound...fine as well, we all have our preferences. But little girl, those guys will diddle circles around you. So drop the attitude and learn to respect other musicians.
                            In the mean time, how about we just narrow it down to a single drum...pull out your snare and rip through "The Rifleman". Let me know how that goes.
                            I LOVE YOU

                            I LOVE LARS ULRICH AND TRAVIS BARKER... THERE AMAZING!!!!

                            Oh and can you call me a little girl again... it really turns me on


                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I love this forum.

                              How about a solo? I am less interested in hearing either myself or other people playing covers of other people (needs rewording). I find that more interesting. I thought I saw in interview about metallica and how initially Lars was the worst drummer , and he developed over time with the band. I have a few of thier songs on my MP3 player (Sony, not and I-Pod). He's Ok. I am actually digging Alex Van Helsing more now then I did as a kid.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X