Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Yamaha DTXtreme IIs and DTXpress III setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Yamaha DTXtreme IIs and DTXpress III setup

Heres the setup. I'm using the smaller pads which are spaced to match my accoustic kit so that I gain more controlled sticking. I will probably keep the 3 zone tp-100's and use them when I use the electric set WITH the accoustic (if that will ever happen, I'm stuck in a condo for now.) I want to replace the pads and get pintech pads like what WildWes did with his kit. (BTW, if you haven't done so already, his is definally worth checking out. Has a great great paint job and a really neat dual rack setup!!)

Anyways, I think I'm going to try and swap out the RHH130 hi hat for the newer RHH135 even though I don't think I'll be able to use the PRESSURE feature on it without upgrading to the DTXtreme III module (way out of reach for me.)

I don't know if I should sell my DTXpress III module or just hang onto it. I'm going to post a tread in the techincal forum for that question.

I'm also putting up a RUSH mirror on the wall which match the Kolors of my set (except for yellow.)

Last edited by Clearprop; 06-06-08, 12:14 AM.

Xtreme 2s

Hey Clearprop, Nice kit, I use 2 DTXtreme modules and love them very much. I like your set up alot. Alot of guys wanted the 2s module paired with the smaller pads for gigging. I did as well for a long time also. Welcome to VDrums.com and goodluck with your kit. Wildwes's kit is gorgeous, one of a kind and his setup is also very neat. I havent seen him around for a while but if you do he is a really nice fellow and very informative. Good Luck, Tom
    www.EDrumForum.com Going to be strictly a DIY e Drum Community

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/album.php?albumid=198

Comment

Very nice!!!

Home kit - HD1
      Church Kits TD-6 and now TD-4

wanna save 10% on your ecig supplies?
      www.ecigssimplified.webs.com

Comment

Last edited by Clearprop; 06-14-08, 07:20 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the comments

You can view what I wrote about this at:

http://www.dtxperience.com/forums/sh...b=5&o=&fpart=1

Search Keywords: Platform Foundation Tennis Ball Plywood Holesaw Mount Vibration Dampening Muffling Elimination Floor Condo Apartment Noise
          Last edited by Clearprop; 06-14-08, 07:41 PM.

Comment

Last edited by Clearprop; 06-14-08, 07:38 PM.

Comment

Nice tip I just have to set up mine in my large walk in closet all the clothing hanging dampens the sound.
              Tama Arstar TM6 Pro 2X PD85's

Comment

Nice Setup, Love the RUSH Mirror

Comment

Working...
                X