Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IRONMAN433's Kits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IRONMAN433's Kits

Here's a photo of my Ludwig-Roland Circle of Chaos! It consists of a Vintage Ludwig Octa-Plus with 6-ply Maple Shells in Black Cortex mounted on a Gibraltar Rack System, a 6-1/2" x 14" Black Beauty Snare, Paiste Signature Series Cymbals and a Custom Roland TD-20 with 2 - KD-120's, extra drum and cymbal pads and all DW 9000 hardware.
    It's one bad mutha...

...and my absolute "Pride And Joy" - a Ludwig Amber Vistalite Bonham Re-Issue Kit customized to be as close to John Bonham's famous set-up as possible! Remo CS Black Dot heads, a 1970 Rail Consolette Tom Mount, Bass Drum Shell Mounted Cymbal Stand, Single Braced Leg Stands, 1970's Paiste Black Label 2002's [15" Sound Edge Hi-Hats, 24" Ride, 18" & 20" Crash's], Ludwig Copper 28" Tympani and a 28" WuHan Gong. (I know - John had a 25" Copper Tympani also and used a 36" Paiste Gong instead of a WuHan - but it's close enough for rock-n-roll!)

Last edited by ironman433; 06-28-08, 10:37 AM.

I say we lock the Circle of Chaos and the Mondor in a room and see which one comes out alive! The ultimate "cage" match!

Awesome kits all around, dude. Thanks for sharing.
    >>>See my E-kit here<<<

>>>See my A-kit here<<<

Comment

love the vistalites. I have the mini sizes 13,14,16,24 in clear. I would love a gong - awesome Ironman
      Cheers
      Paul

Comment

Hey, now this is my kinda topic!!!! Awesome stuff Ironman.
        (I'm a big Led Zep fan too)

Vader, can I join in the Cage match? I'm catching up
        I'm working on my custom E gong right now.

Comment

Kickass ironman! I'm a BIG Zeppelin/Bonham fan as well.
          My Gear VEX Drummers Dream, Roland Gear: TD-20E, PD-100 (x3), PD-120 (x2), KD-120, VH-12H, CY-12H, CY-15R, CY-8 (x5).
          Tama Hi-Hat Stand, DW 4000 Snare Stand, DW 5000, Pearl Throne w/Gibraltar Oversized Seat.
          Recording Gear: TASCAM 2488MKII Digital Portastudio, Roland KC-500 AMP.

Comment

Thanks for the support!

Thanks for checkin' out my toys. It's funny how there's always time to look at drum stuff! For some reason, my wife cringes whenever I look around on eBay... There ain't no such thing as too many drums!

Comment

I was blown away at hello and the ambers had me smoking a cigarette with a smile on my face. I don't even smoke
              Yamaha Birch Custom Absolute | Zildjian Ks

Comment

Love the miniature kit in the background!
                . digitalDrummer
                Review index

Comment

Originally posted by ironman433 View Post
                  .......There ain't no such thing as too many drums!
                  No argument there!!

Comment

Awesome kits. I rather have the small Ludwig than the E-monster.
                    A-kit:

E-kit:[B]

Comment

That's great ironman433,

- but you need something in between your e-floor tom and your a-6" tom so you can complete the 360degree rotation - I reckon you could fit an SPD-20 in there pretty well.

Is your stool motorised ? I assume it would spin clockwise.

Can I ask why you went for a-kicks on the e-kit?

Comment

Wow man, drum overload (or overlord .

Enormous kit man ! Any vids of you playing this ?

Comment

Originally posted by Hercules View Post
                          Stealth.

The kicks have no rear head/rim so I'd assume there are KD-120's (or the like) contained inside...

Very sweet setup indeed!
                          Jack

Sabre's Album

Comment

Originally posted by Hercules View Post
                            That's great ironman433,

- but you need something in between your e-floor tom and your a-6" tom so you can complete the 360degree rotation - I reckon you could fit an SPD-20 in there pretty well.

Is your stool motorised ? I assume it would spin clockwise.

Hey, Hecules... You are 100% correct on the dummy acoustic shells over 2- KD120 bass drums. Why? Hmmm... Anal retentive putz for a $100 to win, Alex! Seriously... I'm totally anal when it comes to the "Look" and details! And I'm a product of the '80s Hair Metal era. Mix the two and... Well... I wanted that "Real Drums" look with the e-drum benifits. I felt like I should be playing Mr. Roboto or some Wang Chung instead of old Sabbath, Led Zeppelin or Black Label Society. I play in a Black Label Society Tribute Band - DOOMSDAY DISCIPLES - by the way! (Plug, plug!) No musical value what-so-ever... All image! Same reason people buy Corvettes, etc... They don't want to JUST get there...They wanna look COOL gettin there! Thanks for looking/commenting!

Comment

Working...
                            X