Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Before my kit evolves too far.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Before my kit evolves too far.....

Hi All,

Just had to get in on the act.....before this little kit morphs from a trog to a...??

It started as a TD-6V(KWS) in December 2007, evolved with an SPD-20 in Feb, grew another PD-8 in March, morphed on a KD-7 and an SPD-S in May.

I still have 2 spare ports in the SPD-20 and 2 in the SPD-S so there's room for expansion yet - methinks a CY-12R/C may go in as the HH next allowing the CY-5 to move to the right and up to become a splash.....then there will be 2 ports left......and I'd love a pair of chinese cymbals to fill them. Of course the last? step will be to replace the base TD-6Kit with a TD-20 kit - GAS man!!
    Front.jpg
    Skew.jpg
    Thru Mixer.JPG

Any comments or suggestions are welcome - it is left handed in case you wondered..................

Mate, I'd check my camera if I were you. It's taking some strange-shaped pictures!!
    . digitalDrummer
    Review index

Comment

Cool stuff Hercules and great creativity with your descriptions too.
      Go for the Kit Toys China's if you decide on that path. They are AWESOME and they look like China cymbals too

Comment

Very sinister! Heh.
        When you get the TD-20, make sure you keep the TD-6 and pads. Can't have too many modules, I always say.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Render View Post
          Very sinister! Heh.
          When you get the TD-20, make sure you keep the TD-6 and pads. Can't have too many modules, I always say.
          I wholeheartedly agree with Michael on this point. I was going to trade my TD12 in on my TD20 but I have decided (before it is too late) that I need to keep my TD12 as well

Comment

Originally posted by SuperPuss View Post
            I wholeheartedly agree with Michael on this point. I was going to trade my TD12 in on my TD20 but I have decided (before it is too late) that I need to keep my TD12 as well
            Good call SP. Having a 20 and a 12 working in tandem....very nice!
            Hawk snare, toms, and bass; Hart ECII crashes & ride; VH-10 Hihat; Iron Cobra double-bass.
            "I never play the same thing twice...sometimes because I simply can't remember it." - John Paul Jones

Comment

Originally posted by Fullback32 View Post
              Good call SP. Having a 20 and a 12 working in tandem....very nice!
              Yeah, I can't wait!!! Any day now....

Comment

Originally posted by SuperPuss View Post
                A TD-20 + a TD-12 + a TMC-6??? Now that is truly GAS at it's most infectious!!!
                "Today young men on acid realised that all matter is purely energy condensed to a slow vibration; That we are all of one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively; There's no such thing as death, life is only a dream and we're the imagination of ourselves.. Here's Tom with the weather"...

TD-20 + TMC-6 + VF-1 + Gen16's = Not enough inputs.
                Watch me - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLqt6zaAYkY

Comment

I totally agree with SP. I recently bought a TD-20 module and sold my TD6V. I should have never done the latter .
                  TD-20 brain, TDW-20 expanded! MDS-20BK, 3x PD125, 2x PD105, 3x CY-14C, CY-15R, CY-12R/C, Hart ECII-10B, VH-11, KD-120, Tama IronCobra Rolling Glides and pearl hardware.
                  Loving it every second..

Comment

Originally posted by The Source View Post
                    A TD-20 + a TD-12 + a TMC-6??? Now that is truly GAS at it's most infectious!!!
                    Actually, it is slightly more chronic than that. The full line up will soon be TD20 + TD12 + 2 x TMC-6 (one for each module). Got to fill up those midi in ports on both modules
                    Hmmmm.... lets see.... TD20+TD12 + (2*TMC6) = 2(TD)32 + 2(TMC)12 = 2(T^2MC)+48

Comment

Working...
                    X