Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oddly Arranged TD-3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oddly Arranged TD-3

Here is my TD-3. I have been playing for about 3 weeks now and have experimented with several configurations and this is what I like best so far. I can't wait to spend my "economic stimulus" money and buy a CY-12 or 15 to replace my ride so I can have 2 crashes.

I like it, looks comfy.
    Roland Td-11KV, Alesis SamplePad, DW5000 pedal, Vater 7A sticks.

Comment

Welcome to the world of E drumming
      Neat arrangement. I'm a big fan of the center mounted hat / snare too.

....oh, and I see you've done the four leg MDS-3C conversion

Comment

Yep, the four leg conversion is quite nice, though somewhat limiting if you have toms or hi-hat mounted on the lower side arms since its sooo low.

As far as the center hi-hat thing goes, I'm not positive that I'm going to leave it that way, reason being is that I might start playing for my church some on their drums which are in standard configuration without a remote hi-hat.

Comment

I'm curious iceroid, are you left handed?
          TD9 Frankenkit

Comment

Originally posted by Iceroid View Post
            Yep, the four leg conversion is quite nice, though somewhat limiting if you have toms or hi-hat mounted on the lower side arms since its sooo low.......
            You could always do what I did and mount the outside toms on the outside of the two taller vertical legs. See this pic of my kit, pre-cage build

Comment

Originally posted by chiphead View Post
              I'm curious iceroid, are you left handed?
              no... why do you ask?

Comment

Originally posted by Iceroid View Post
                no... why do you ask?
                I'm a righty and having that tom mounted on the left like you do just wouldn't cut it for me. I have more speed in my right hand and use that tom for all kinds of fills. No big deal.

Can someone explain what the " 4 legged conversion is". The pics look like the lower legs were just spread out. I'm away from my kit right now and perhaps I'm missing something.
                TD9 Frankenkit

Comment

Originally posted by chiphead View Post
                  ....Can someone explain what the " 4 legged conversion is"......
                  It's a simple mod involving moving the lower horizontal floor legs to the sides as vertical stabilisers. The diagonal braces are then placed between the inner and outer legs at the bottom to keep them spaced correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperPuss View Post
                    It's a simple mod involving moving the lower horizontal floor legs to the sides as vertical stabilisers. The diagonal braces are then placed between the inner and outer legs at the bottom to keep them spaced correctly.
                    Thank you.
                    TD9 Frankenkit

Comment

You're welcome

Comment

Your tom config is a little odd to me. I'm a lefty and you have your toms set up like mine, arcing arcoss the left side of the kit. Are they going high right to low left? (meaning tom 1 on right and 3 on left)
                        TD-6V Module, 3 PD-8s (soon to be 4), 2 CY-8s (soon to be 3), 1 CY-5, KD-8 with double Left footed Pearl Eliminators, FD-8 HH control.

Comment

I'm pretty sure it was arranged 3-1-2 but I'm not sure any more

I switched it back to a standard configuration a few days later because I've started playing as a backup drummer for my church, so I set mine up to mimic theirs.

Comment

Sweet kit !!!! Love the headphone holder thingy too !!!!
                            Eric G: Pearl,Paiste,Remo,Vic Firth,Gibraltar,Roc-n-Soc,Roland TD-6V, Lots of Vex and mesh all around.

Comment

Great kit....thanks for posting the pics!!!

Home kit - HD1
                              Church Kits TD-6 and now TD-4

wanna save 10% on your ecig supplies?
                              www.ecigssimplified.webs.com

Comment

Working...
                              X