Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TD-3 config

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD-3 config

Hi, I don't post here much, but I thought some might like to see a couple shots of my current configuration with the TD-3. I have the rack on a small riser (2' x 4') , my seat is on the floor. I was having difficulty getting the toms low enough and close enough. I removed the top bar of the rack and situated the tom mount L rods as seen. I just moved the module to it's current location.
    I'm in an upstairs apartment, so the Roland CM-30 cube monitor is more than adequate for saturday afternoon monitoring when I want to disturb the wifey.
    I'm in headphones most the time, so I made washable ear pads for the SR-60s. I can change them out for fresh ones when they get funky.
    Attached Files

You can get the toms lower by turning the mounts around so the L points downwards. Then slip the pad on from the bottom, stopping at a comfortable position.
    Hope that helps...
    Last edited by allanjohn; 04-22-08, 05:38 PM.
    . digitalDrummer
    Review index

Comment

Now that I think of it, the reason I set it up like this was not because I could not get them close enough, but they were too close to go as low as I wanted. When I turned the L rods down, the pads were too close. I flipped the mounts and turned the rods down, but part of the pads were under the top bar of the rack. This works really well.

Comment

Intruguing idea. Looks pretty cool actually, along the lines of the new Gibby stealth stuff.

Comment

Working...
        X