Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Back at it after a 9 year break: TD-50KV2 with a bunch of nice accessories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ardrummer292 View Post
    Looks like I managed to break one of my CY-16R-T pads.

I checked the connections under the rubber cover, which ruled out a loose cable.

I sent it back to Roland for warranty repair. Currently waiting to hear the technician’s evaluation.
    Beautiful set. So sorry to hear of YET ANOTHER made in Malaysia cymbal edge zone fail. Roland losing my confidence day by day on this issue.

ardrummer292I wish you would share your experience in the thread Newer Roland Triggers Reliability. Someone at Roland has to start fixing this problem.
    Last edited by senseiadam; 11-25-21, 06:22 AM.
    TD50X module with Custom Roland Pad set

Comment

It has to be said that it's pretty disappointing to hear of that, as Roland cymbals in my experience have been VERY hard to break, close to impossible.

For what it's worth, my experience with Roland warranty has been excellent. Roughly a year ago I had to send my VH10 back due to premature wear of the playing surface (it was only a month old).

They quickly sent out a new VH10 retail box with the cymbal and all it's hardware (including position sensor). They exceeded my expectations on that one and all has been problem-free since. I'd expect they'll do the same in your situation and just send a whole new unit.
      Last edited by martinwood333; 11-25-21, 07:26 AM.
      Roland TD-17KVX Kit ~ Roland RDH-120 ~ ATH-M50X Monitors ~ VicFirth Buddy Rich Signature Sticks
      | YouTube | Facebook |

Comment

Originally posted by senseiadam View Post

Beautiful set. So sorry to hear of YET ANOTHER made in Malaysia cymbal edge zone fail. Roland losing my confidence day by day on this issue.
        I’ll certainly chime in on that thread when I have a moment. In Roland’s defense, that pad was assigned as my designated “beat the sh!t out of it” crash. It likely doesn’t help that I didn’t have the angle set quite right, leading to the odd inadvertent perpendicular strike. This means that the shaft of the stick contacted the edge of the cymbal at, or near, 90 degrees. Not a good thing for acoustic or electronic instruments.

i have since corrected the positioning issue.

Comment

Originally posted by martinwood333 View Post
          It has to be said that it's pretty disappointing to hear of that, as Roland cymbals in my experience have been VERY hard to break, close to impossible.

For what it's worth, my experience with Roland warranty has been excellent. Roughly a year ago I had to send my VH10 back due to premature wear of the playing surface (it was only a month old).

They quickly sent out a new VH10 retail box with the cymbal and all it's hardware (including position sensor). They exceeded my expectations on that one and all has been problem-free since. I'd expect they'll do the same in your situation and just send a whole new unit.
          Warranty service is great in some countries, but NOT in others. Many people are getting screwed in places where Roland has independent distributors or no distributor at all. VH10 is ANOTHER made in Malaysia cymbal. martinwood333 I would also encourage you to add your story to the thread mentioned. Sorry to hear you had the problem inn the first place, despite a good outcome for you...Newer Roland Triggers Reliability.

Comment

Originally posted by ardrummer292 View Post

I’ll certainly chime in on that thread when I have a moment. In Roland’s defense, that pad was assigned as my designated “beat the sh!t out of it” crash. It likely doesn’t help that I didn’t have the angle set quite right, leading to the odd inadvertent perpendicular strike. This means that the shaft of the stick contacted the edge of the cymbal at, or near, 90 degrees. Not a good thing for acoustic or electronic instruments.

i have since corrected the positioning issue.
            Don't blame yourself, your technique or your positioning. It's not your fault in any way! I have Made in China cymbals that have been beaten for 15 years, dropped down stairs and virtually submerged in water. They are all perfect! These made in Malaysia cymbals are often faulty and poorly manufactured. The QC director at the cymbal factory should be fired and banned from working in the manufacturing industry for life. So, so, soooo disappointed in Roland over this ongoing issue.

Comment

Working...
            X