No announcement yet.

Well I sold her...and I’ll miss her...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well I sold her...and I’ll miss her...

Sold my TD-10 today. After playing (in place) for past 10+ years amped in my shop, downsizing into apartment, scoring a newer TDW-20 and stuffed in corner. I listed her, and sold her. As I started setting it all up to show for would be buyers, I realized just how salty and dirty she had become, I began to have a serious doubts about getting anywhere near my asking price. So I spent pretty much the whole weekend cleaning her up and finished last piece while buyer was on way. Was a sh*t-ton of elbow grease and sore fingers...but it shined shined up nicer than when I bought it. Buyer took her home at my asking price, win-win to happy new home.
    Already miss her a bit though. I did have a few fantasies about mashing the 2 kits together but, nah.

As I got all set up and played her for 1/2 hr or so, I was reminded how accustomed I’d grown to playing it...all felt very natural moving about the kit...and yep the cymbal pads still leave plenty to be desired. In contrast I have still yet to feel so comfortable on newer TDW-20, or its new sounds...but getting there. I think after playing TD-10 one last time (and I’m glad I did) that it’s the overall height of things that feels awkward. That, and moving off the separate KD-7 pedals to a new double pedal on a mesh kick.
    Man I was so used to those kick pedals action and the blocky feel of the KD-7s...I will miss those pedals too.

Sentimental fool I guess... ><(((*<
    Roland TDW-20 | Gibraltar HW | KZ ZS10 PRO/IEMs | TD-10 | DW | Zildjian K

Enjoy your new kit. Maybe we’ll see the new owner of a TD10 join the forum.
    Equipment: TD-30KV, DW9000 hardware, ROC-N-SOC Throne, Behringer ULTRATONE K3000FX Amp, JBL EON 615 Powered Speaker, Yamaha MG06X. 1965 Ludwig Super Classic. Black diamond pearl. Zildjian K Custom Dark cymbals, DW 7000 hardware, DW 9000 kick pedal.

Comment

Sounds like the beginnings of writing a song... a country song.

Comment

indeed it does

Comment

When I first saw the title of your thread, I thought you were talking about your wife....
          Roland TD-50 & eDRUMin Modules | Superior Drummer 3 | Tama A2E w/ R-Drums Triggers | FIELD, ATV, & Roland Cymbals | ACD Unlimited Pedals | Tama & Gibraltar HW | RME HDSPe AIO Interface | Mackie ProFX10v3 Mixer | Simmons DA200S Monitor | V-MODA Crossfade M-100 OEMs & Westone UM Pro 50 IEMs

Comment

I know the feeling. I still have a place in my heart for my TD-6V. It was my first e-kit that I bought back around 2005. Until today when I stumble upon one being sold on eBay/reverb, I can’t help but check out the listing and admire the pics. That cool shape, that blue light. So nostalgic and sentimental.

But...I can’t say I ever referred to my drums in female form.
            Pearl Mimic Pro, A2E Tama Superstar, Jobeky side triggers on the snare and 8” Tom, Jobeky AI triggers on the rest, VH-13 Hi-Hat, ATV 18” Ride, 2x Roland CY-14C Crashes, Roland CY-13R/C Splash, Roland CY-15R China, 2x Roland BT-1 for Side Stick and Cowbell, Sony MDR-7506

Comment

imo.. i think you'll be used to 'swinging' cymbals in no time ..

Comment

Originally posted by ach987 View Post
                But...I can’t say I ever referred to my drums in female form.
                I never did either till “she” was gone...
                Right you are about the swinging cymbals, so much better!
                I lifted the whole kit up 2+ inches and made some other tweaks, head tensions etc. which made a huge difference.

Found a good deal on a couple add on pieces today, a PD-85 tom and a CY-5 splash with hardware!
                Now I just need something for a China and I’m done buying sh*t for a while, lol. I may just use a pd-8 I have on hand.

Comment

Originally posted by rdubu View Post
                  When I first saw the title of your thread, I thought you were talking about your wife....
                  I got rid of wife 15+ years ago, lol

Comment

Today’s configuration ><(((*<

Comment

So whats next? New kit Or acoustics?

Comment

Working...
                      X