X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acoustic volume of a2e kit - mesh heads and Jobeky cymbals

https://youtu.be/wnAQWky-_d8

For anybody interested

Thanks for this! Want to buy the Jobeky L/V pack in a few months.
    Doesn't seem too much louder than rubber. Just a different tone more than anything.

How do you like the cymbals?
    A2E 5-piece | Maple burl wrap | Jobeky & UFO triggers | Drum-Tec real feel heads | Strike module | EZD2 + EZXs

Comment

i've seen some not so flattering reviews on here of the jobeky L/V cymbals, one guy recently posted that 2 of his stopped working and when he posted about it on their facebook they blocked him and have not otherwise contacted him.

sucks because i love the idea of them and would like to buy some myself. may opt to get just a hi hat instead of a pack of 3 in case i have issues too.
      purchased Alesis STRIKE, PD-85 rack toms, PD-105BK floor tom, Mapex snare with ISM-6, PDP MX 22" kick with ISM, iron cobra 900 double pedal, 2x hart e-cymbals, CY-5 as splash, CY-8, PCY-130, CY-12R, an L80 hi-hat with cheap-o trigger with goedrum hi hat controller. EZdrummer2+EZX/Addictive Drums 2 VSTs.

Comment

Diamond Drums also has those cymbals, and he's quite responsive.
        There are options out there.
        DTX700, A2E Dixon kit, Yamaha cymbals, FSR HH Kit Pix

My new venture: voglosounds.com

Comment

I really wanted them, but it sounds a bit louder than the rubber cymbals and since I live in an apartment, I am afraid that it will be too loud for me (my neighbors).
          If I move to a house, then I would try them.
          Ronaldo B.

Comment

In recerence to the acoustic sound level between Rubber and dampened cymbals. The metals obviously are clankier wood on metal. ( i own Both) Now that there are bigger rubber cymbals I would consider them. When I converted my zildjian low volumes with Jmam' s Stealthdrums I needed something closer to real looking and they did and do trigger fantastically. So if you want metal cymbals I would check out Stealthdrums.com

Comment

Working...
            X